Thread: Denver area dyno

My Cars
    GTS, E30

Denver area dyno

I searched, but all the threads are a few years old. I'm looking to stick my car on a dyno and was wondering who came recommended. Bonus points if they can tune a Jaguar as well.

My Cars
    94+95 E34, '07 335i E92
    MAC Autosport down in Parker. They do tuning as well, not sure about the Jags though.

My Cars
    E46 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by raceyBMW View Post
    MAC Autosport down in Parker. They do tuning as well, not sure about the Jags though.

Yeah, yeah, go to MAC, you will get insanely inflated numbers yeah!

I would go to Carz Performance in Lakewood
    -Critter

My Cars
    2003 745i
    I always went to Racing Trenz AWD dyno.
    They have a dyonmite.

I doubt they tune Jags however

My Cars
    LS6 E36 drifter, 18 f350
    I have used MAC and dynopros in the past. I like MAC cause they let me tune my own stuff and make about 50 pulls while doing so. Whatever dyno you choose, just use the same shop. Dyno to Dyno comparisons mean nothing if they were not at the same shop! Even the same dyno somewhere else will be calibrated slightly differently.

My Cars
    97 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by M3ANMUG View Post
    Yeah, yeah, go to MAC, you will get insanely inflated numbers yeah!
    MAC's Dynojet reads the same as every other dynojet I've been on.
    Chris
    97 M3
    94 325is
    12 Jeep SRT8

My Cars
    94+95 E34, '07 335i E92
    It does fine on the NA cars, but reads very high on the forced induction cars for some reason because of the calibration they are use. But like said above, instead of just looking at the max numbers, as long as you go to the same dyno and tune on that dyno, then you can use it as a good guide for the increase, no matter what the numbers actually read.

My Cars
    97 M3/4/5
    Any dyno in colorado that uses SAE correction factors will read high on a forced induction car. The SAE correction was designed/theoretically based around NA cars.

A turbo will always perform better at altitude than a comparable NA car, because the loss due to compressor inlet pressure is not linear in a compressor.
    Chris
    97 M3
    94 325is
    12 Jeep SRT8

My Cars
    GTS, E30
    Thanks for the input. I am looking to get a baseline run in before any further mods. I am planning on using the same dyno for before and after, I just haven't done a dyno pull in 8 years or so and didn't know who was around that was decent. I've been looking for a tuner since day 1, but it seems that they are a unicorn in the Jaguar world (something with twin-ecus and being a Jaguar I suppose). Nobody wants to risk going too lean and grenading motors. There are off-the shelf tunes, but with my current mods they aren't going to be as effective as a real dyno tune, especially if I were to add meth or such later.

My Cars
    1998 M3/4/5
    I went to MAC and had a good experience. My #'s seemed on par with similarly modded M3s and I liked the people working there.

My Cars
    97 M3/4/5
    I also had a good experience at MAC when I went there. I have done a lot of work with a local DynoJet here in Fort Collins that is very repeatable and reasonably priced, but I wouldn't drive up from Denver to use it since there are good local options.

The key is to use a repeatable dyno for before/after, which you already plan to do. I've got lots of dyno results from my car on the same dyno on different days and they are consistent as well as repeatable. I don't think a dynojet is a great tool for tuning (a load bearing dyno is a much, much better platform for that) but for before/after numbers and consistency they are just fine.
    Chris
    97 M3
    94 325is
    12 Jeep SRT8

My Cars
    GTS, E30
    Quote Originally Posted by fsmtnbiker View Post
    I also had a good experience at MAC when I went there. I have done a lot of work with a local DynoJet here in Fort Collins that is very repeatable and reasonably priced, but I wouldn't drive up from Denver to use it since there are good local options.

The key is to use a repeatable dyno for before/after, which you already plan to do. I've got lots of dyno results from my car on the same dyno on different days and they are consistent as well as repeatable. I don't think a dynojet is a great tool for tuning (a load bearing dyno is a much, much better platform for that) but for before/after numbers and consistency they are just fine.
    Thanks for the insight. When I did my last dyno 8 years and 6 cars ago it was in Ft. Collins, but I am wanting to stay more local. Since a dyno tune seems out of the question at this point, I will probably check out MAC.