Thread: BMW i8 Concept Spyder

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

Post BMW i8 Concept Spyder

BMW i8 Concept Spyder.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntf6xI59fbI[/ame]

The BMW i8 Concept Spyder with eDrive is an open-top two-seater embodying a form of personal mobility with equal sporting and emotional appeal.

Under the banner of its sub-brand BMW i, the BMW Group is developing a range of purpose-built vehicle concepts and complementary mobility services which meet the changing needs of customers and redefine the understanding of personal mobility. As well as adopting intelligent technologies and innovative design, BMW i is pursuing an all-embracing approach defined to a significant degree by sustainability throughout the value chain.

Following the presentation of the BMW i3 Concept and BMW i8 Concept, the BMW Group introduces the BMW i8 Concept Spyder to the mix. This third BMW i model embodies the future of cutting-edge and emotionally appealing mobility concepts. Its sporting design headlines the qualities of an open-top two-seater blending lightness, dynamic capability and efficiency with a very special aesthetic allure.

The combination of intelligent lightweight design and state-of-the-art hybrid technology imbues the BMW i8 Concept Spyder with genuine sports car performance, yet its fuel consumption is no higher than you would expect from a small car.

Among the most eye-catching features of the BMW i8 Concept Spyder are the upward-swivelling, windowless doors and a range of purpose-oriented on-board equipment including electric kickboards stowed under a transparent tailgate. The sports car is based around the innovative LifeDrive architecture, itself underpinned by a lightweight modular construction and the use of high-quality high-tech materials. The BMW i8 Concept Spyder is a plug-in hybrid powered by an eDrive drivetrain combining a high-performance electric motor and petrol combustion engine. The lithium-ion battery supplying the motor with power can be recharged in an extremely short space of time from any domestic power socket. Together, the car’s minimised weight, low centre of gravity and finely judged balance, coupled with a combined system output of up to 260 kW (354 hp), promise unbeatable dynamic capability, exceptional efficiency and unbridled driving pleasure.

More...

My Cars
    2005 Z4 3.0i
    Not gonna lie that's pretty sexy.

My Cars
    95 Cosmos Black M3 Coupe
    Wasn't this car in the new Mission Impossible movie?

My Cars
    2007 Hyundai Sonata
    Quote Originally Posted by elninoloco7 View Post
    Wasn't this car in the new Mission Impossible movie?
    A concept of it, yes. I think it had glass doors, but the real one won't (for obvious reasons).

My Cars
    '17 GTI,'99 M3,'86 190E
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmerjph View Post
    Not gonna lie that's pretty sexy.
    Too bad the body is writing checks the powertrain can't cash... sounded horrible in MI:4.

My Cars
    2005 Z4 3.0i
    Quote Originally Posted by lithium726 View Post
    Too bad the body is writing checks the powertrain can't cash... sounded horrible in MI:4.
    Yeah, well at least it has engine noise. They could have just made it pure electric.

My Cars
    2000 740iA
    Concept looks, on paper, very intriguing.

I'll pass judgement once it hits dealerships and I see an MSRP

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

Post BMW i8 Concept Spyder. Teaser.

More: http://www.bmw-i.comThe BMW i8 Concept Spyder is the third BMW i model. It embodies the future of cutting-edge and emotionally appealing mobility concepts. The combination of intelligent lightweight design and state-of-the-art hybrid technology imbues the BMW i8 Concept Spyder with genuine sports car performance, yet its fuel consumption is no higher than you would expect from a small car. Compared with the Coupe variant of the BMW i8 Concept, the BMW i8 Concept Spyder has a slightly shorter wheelbase and overall length.

More...

My Cars
    '17 GTI,'99 M3,'86 190E
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmerjph View Post
    Yeah, well at least it has engine noise. They could have just made it pure electric.
    This does not console me.