Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Raceland ultiomo review.

My Cars
    1993 325i
    I ordered mine Saturday and it told me. Maye you got the last set!! Lol just my luck.

My Cars
    M3/4/5, Civic SI
    Quote Originally Posted by R3APER View Post
    Cj did you see that the ultimos are on back order?
    Will call tomorrow to see if they actually are...

My Cars
    1997 BMW 328is Coupe
    squeak was my own dumb self. I have a shim facing the wrong way and wasn't allowing the rear strut mount to move so I switched it around and everything is fine! lol now that I have been driving on them much longer. the are pretty stiff but not break your back stiff. nor are they super bouncy. over all I'm very satisfied with them. and would highly recommend them!

97 BMW 328is-DJ auto headlights-Slotted Rotors & Ceramicpads, custom Magnaflow,M5 Wheels,Bear motorsports ssk,Raceland coilovers
    96 328is
    RIP Amber Red 95 325is
    destroyed by a ford :[

My Cars
    1996 BMW 328is
    I ordered mine Saturday and it told me. Maye you got the last set!! Lol just my luck.
    Mine were back ordered too
    Oh well I got time to wait
    1996 BMW 328is

My Cars
    1993 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by CJRUCK View Post
    Mine were back ordered too
    Oh well I got time to wait
    I talked to raceland and since I'm on a time crunch (baby due next month) he suggested I go with the rokkors higher spring rate than the entry level racelands and only 365 shipped. So I went that route

My Cars
    '95 M3
    I had the original racelands on my jetta, they were somewhat bouncy but for the price not bad at all. Alot of people in the vw scene love ultimos.

My Cars
    1997 BMW 318i
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMikee View Post
    that looks really good! I'm running spaces so no super low for me what size wheels do you have?
    Thanks, and it's possible to slam. Stretch and you'll be set. ......The wheels are 17x8 +40 but I had to run 8mm spacers to clear the front struts.

Did you ever figure out the squeak? Also now that they have settled how low would you set them at time of install? I'm buying a set next week so kinda curious. With the ultimos the spring rates are supposed to be 15% more than the standards and it's still soft?? My shocks are shot, factory with 157k on em so they have to be less spongy than that haha.
    I have the squeak also but it happens while I'm rolling. So I think it's my brakes somewhere.

As far as how low to go, if you look back at my pic, my rear is slammed all the way (no homo )......The fronts have about an inch left to them. I might take out the rear adjusting collar to get lower and then adjust the fronts to match.

My stock suspension was at 170k and let me tell you, the ride is much better. Sure the Ultimos are a bit bouncy/stiffer but a hell of a lot better than spongy and floating.
    '97 Alpine White 318i

My Cars
    1993 325i
    As far as how low to go, if you look back at my pic, my rear is slammed all the way (no homo )......The fronts have about an inch left to them. I might take out the rear adjusting collar to get lower and then adjust the fronts to match.

My stock suspension was at 170k and let me tell you, the ride is much better. Sure the Ultimos are a bit bouncy/stiffer but a hell of a lot better than spongy and floating. [/QUOTE]

Nice so I'll slam it in the rear (no homo) lol drop the front to an inch above lowest. Yea bro anything has to be better than 157k miles with blown out shocks!

My Cars
    1997 BMW 328i
    Well shoot I guess I may have to order Rokkor's then depending on if they have them as of the beginning of May. Let me know how the Rokkor's are Reaper.
    Never Let A Dream, Remain A Dream!!

My Cars
    1993 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by fookinscrappy View Post
    Well shoot I guess I may have to order Rokkor's then depending on if they have them as of the beginning of May. Let me know how the Rokkor's are Reaper.
    I'll put up a post once they get here and installed. I paid for them yesterday and they shipped this morning. That's cool they seem to be on top of things!

My Cars
    M3/4/5, Civic SI
    Has anybody returned these yet? I want to order a set and see how the perform and if I like them keep them if not send them back...

Sent from my iPhone using BF.com Expect Errors

My Cars
    1993 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by SSRI View Post
    Has anybody returned these yet? I want to order a set and see how the perform and if I like them keep them if not send them back...

They have a 30 day return/exchange policy. I'd just call them I dealt with davin, he was a ton of help for my scenario and time crunch. I'm sure if you hate them they will allow them to be retuned, but make sure it's ok on "used" products.

My Cars
    M3/4/5, Civic SI
    True I guess worst case I throw my billy sports out back!

My Cars
    1993 325i
    So I installed my rokkors they do ride a million times better than my stock literally BLOWN struts. When I would apply pressure to my fender my entire car would almost have a "rolling" motion from front to back. Now it's def incredibly stiff. If you don't want a set that are very stiff up front these are not for you. Mine are completely slammed in the rear and I have about an inch and 3/4 left of adjustment up front. It handles like a
    BMW should now! Went and played with an e46 m3 and through the turns he could
    Not keep up. That could simply be due to driver experience but I pushed them hard and they did great. The only complaint I have is they only have height adjustment. But for 380 bucks shipped that's pretty damn good. I will put them through about 1000 miles pretty quick and see if anything changes. The rokkors are a slightly higher spring rate than the racelands for less money. Raceland will also say they are not affiliated with raceland but when I got the email stating they had been shipped, it was from raceland lol

My Cars
    95 Hellrot red ///M3
    i know these arent made for the Ms but i have a 95 M3 what and how would i install them ive heard them on Ms but the website says they arent ffor Ms so if anyone has some info please lmk

My Cars
    M3/4/5, Civic SI
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy336
    i know these arent made for the Ms but i have a 95 M3 what and how would i install them ive heard them on Ms but the website says they arent ffor Ms so if anyone has some info please lmk
    You just need non-m sway bar links and to mount it to the control arm pretty easy.

Sent from my iPhone using a super secret Chinese Satellite.

My Cars
    1993 325i
    You just need non-m sway bar links and to mount it to the control arm pretty easy.

+1 he's exactly correct.

My Cars
    95 Hellrot red ///M3
    ok cool thanks

My Cars
    95' 325I 6 Spd, 06' Z4MR
    Read the reviews and these seem cool for the street, but has anyone tracked (auto x) the Ultimos? I want to buy something for occasional auto X and mainly street for under 500.00 thanks

My Cars
    M3/4/5, Civic SI
    Quote Originally Posted by Pik Masta
    Read the reviews and these seem cool for the street, but has anyone tracked (auto x) the Ultimos? I want to buy something for occasional auto X and mainly street for under 500.00 thanks
    Only one guy has tracked them and documented them, it was an e46. Anyways as far as autoX goes they'll probably do pretty well, in autoX guys usually run softer rear spring rates which there have so they may do a little better than people would think. The rear is still soft but I'm sure it's fine. They'll be fine for DD they ride well and there's nothing wrong with them per say. Don't expect to win your class, but they won't blow up either.

My Cars
    95' 325I 6 Spd, 06' Z4MR
    Only one guy has tracked them and documented them, it was an e46. Anyways as far as autoX goes they'll probably do pretty well, in autoX guys usually run softer rear spring rates which there have so they may do a little better than people would think. The rear is still soft but I'm sure it's fine. They'll be fine for DD they ride well and there's nothing wrong with them per say. Don't expect to win your class, but they won't blow up either.

ah, ok thanks. That's what I needed to hear. I'll let you guys know how I do at the autox come this fall.

My Cars
    2002 e46 325i
    My ultimos are suppose to be arriving tomorrow for my 02 e46 325i. Idk what to expect but im hoping for the best. Some people love them some people hate them. What do you guys have to share from owning them and being on the loving side?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123