Thread: need help with lock/unlock remote 99 323is

My Cars
    1999 BMW E36 323IS

need help with lock/unlock remote 99 323is

when i press lock or unlock, the car chirps, but nothing locks or unlocks. i have to use my key... anyone know what could be the problem?

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    Before you proceed you need to inspect the trunk lid wire harness. Its well known to cause lots of electrical issues.

If the doors are unlocked, press the lock button.

If it chirps once and nothing happens you might have a faulty alarm module or ZKE module. If you turn the key in any lock and it locks everything then the ZKE module is good and its most likely a faulty alarm module.

If you press the lock button and it chirps three times the alarm thinks something is still open or a lock actuator is faulty. Open the hood and press down on the hood switch then try the lock button again. If everything works the way it should then disconnect the hood switch. You don't really need it and it causes more problems than its worth. If the hood switch isn't the problem then you most likely have a faulty lock actuator. You'll have to disconnect them one at a time to find the faulty one. Start with the trunk lock then the gas filler door then move onto the doors.

My Cars
    1999 323i Convertible
    I had this problem with the hood switch and easily resolved it by bending the silver hood switch lever up. No need to disconnect it if that's all it needs.

My Cars
    98 328IS 03 325xi
    Door lock actuators are a PITA to re-install, hope that it's the trunk or fuel door.

Gave away my BMWs, driving a VW and an Audi now.

My Cars
    1999 BMW E36 323IS
    i figured it out. it was the little hood switch that was bent... i unbent it clicks when i close the hood. thanks alot guys