eBMWParts

Thread: Another BC Racing coil over review...

My Cars
    my brother's ti

Another BC Racing coil over review...

first off, id like to thank everyone on this forum you guys have so much valuable information to share its priceless, i wouldnt be here without your guys' help so THANK YOU. if anyone has any questions feel free to fire away.

anyways i ordered myself a set of these coils from circuit MS here on the forum. they were really nice guys and im sure they will be there for me in the future if i need help with anything.

ill make this short and sweet for you guys..
    1. they were under my $1000 budget
    2. they came with everything i needed; shorter sway bay endlinks, hardware, extenders, camber plates
    3. the instal was stuuuupid easy no instructions needed
    4. i went with 8k/10k rates. prob the stiffest youd want for "comfortable" DD
    5. the ride is really nice not too stiff not too soft
    6. the adjust-ability is awesome. i started on full soft and stiffened it up just a few clicks and its noticeable
    7. i cant believe the handling! its really great makes you realize how shot your stock suspension really was lol
    8. i love how easy it is to adjust ride height and camber. im sure its the same with every major CO out there
    9. the quality is def on par even the welds are nice and fat. im confident i cant break these and you know how we drive these things

well that about sums it up ill finish it off with some pics. i hope i answered anyones questions

fresh outta the box:

before:

after(still need some adjusting):

My Cars
    05 STi, 06 WRX, 03 911
    Car looks good, glad you are so happy with them

"Keep Attacking..."
    Site - www.circuitmotorsports.net
    Email - sales@circuitmotorsports.net
    Phone - 407-325-2176
    Address - 2427 Forsyth Road Unit P Orlando, FL 32807

My Cars
    97 540I, 03 745L,00 740I
    Just want to find out ate these available for e39.
    Thanks.

My Cars
    05 STi, 06 WRX, 03 911
    Yes they are!

Shoot us a PM or email if you want some info or help

"Keep Attacking..."
    Site - www.circuitmotorsports.net
    Email - sales@circuitmotorsports.net
    Phone - 407-325-2176
    Address - 2427 Forsyth Road Unit P Orlando, FL 32807

My Cars
    '94 325is ls1/T56
    just bought a set of these

My Cars
    my brother's ti
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8rpirate View Post
    just bought a set of these
    nice! if you need help with install i got a jack and jackstand and all the tools. we can use my driveway too

My Cars
    E36
    I see you are also located in the Los Angeles area. do you think you could give me a ride sometime in the near future?

One of my close buddies keeps urging me to pick up BC's but Im just not sold on buying cheap coilovers.

Also how many miles have you clocked on them?

My Cars
    97,98 E36 M3
    ANy better pics
    98 M3 Coupe
    intake/muffler delete/M50 Manifold/Tuned
    97 M3 Sedan
    intake/X-pipe/ weight redux

Sold Cars
    99 M3, 95 M3, 92 325i, 95 325i, 09 135i, 96 328i

My Cars
    my brother's ti
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeDitka View Post
    I see you are also located in the Los Angeles area. do you think you could give me a ride sometime in the near future?

One of my close buddies keeps urging me to pick up BC's but Im just not sold on buying cheap coilovers.

Also how many miles have you clocked on them?
    im definitely down to meet up send me a pm about that! these arent cheap at all ive only put a few hundred miles on them so far but i was driving really hard and they held up well and the ride is great. nice and stiff when i want to drive a curvy road or super soft for the bumpy freeway ride home

My Cars
    my brother's ti
    UPDATE: after a little over a year and less than 10k miles, one of my rear shocks blew out. the car feels okay, but was making an annoying noise almost like my battery was loose. so i inspect the car and find visibly, everything looks okay. so, i switch rear shocks from left to right... and the noise goes from the left side to the right side. also, while the shocks are out i noticed one shock could be easily compressed/extended and the other one could not. im pretty pissed about this, but thats what i get for making a compromise and not buying something with a better warranty. i called BC racing and all they have to offer is sending a replacement at $110 shipped.

My Cars
    95 Cosmos M3
    That's not a bad price for a replacement

My Cars
    2003 ZHP 6MT, 1997 M345
    Is that because the 1-year warranty is over or because that is the warranty service price?

My Cars
    my brother's ti
    Quote Originally Posted by bimmer4me01 View Post
    That's not a bad price for a replacement
    i agree, but if one is on its way out, what about the other 3? and less then 10k miles of street driving is ridiculous IMO

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LivesNearCostco View Post
    Is that because the 1-year warranty is over or because that is the warranty service price?
    because warranty is over. they are covered for any defects within a year, but after that you are on your own.

My Cars
    Dicktone Limo
    I'm on my fourth season (year) of drifting/hpde/autox with my BC coils, ~30k miles, and they still feel great, no noises, no defects or breakage.

I would, however, reccommend cleaning and lubricating the coilover body threads every year or so, I had one get stuck on me, but it's to be expected with a threaded tube style coilover.

I would like to see you get a damper replaced for less elsewhere, that's cheap and well worth it IMO. It probably will not happen again any time soon, and it's an easy fix.
    Last edited by bennyfizzle; 06-13-2013 at 01:57 PM.

My Cars
    my brother's ti
    Well hopefully I'm the only one with this problem then lol I'm not complaining about the price, I'm just bummed I only got 10k miles out of it

My Cars
    Dicktone Limo
    No, I know a few people that have had dampers fail, usually a replacement lasts much longer though.

My Cars
    my brother's ti
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyfizzle View Post
    No, I know a few people that have had dampers fail, usually a replacement lasts much longer though.
    will i be okay replacing one at a time? or do i need to do both rears?

My Cars
    Dicktone Limo
    with only 10k on the other, if it feels fine there's no need to replace both

My Cars
    99 323IS E36, 10, 328
    wow amazing im going to look into theses for my bmw e36 cause I gotta get something new within the 2013 year!!

My Cars
    my brother's ti
    wow almost 10 years later and these same exact coil overs are still ripping it up on track in Oregon at PARC(Pat's acres racing complex). I swapped everything i could from my old green e36 m3 to a silver e46 sedan. by this time the car was a complete drift car and i actually sold the car to chelsea denofa who still uses it personally and as a school of drift student car. i see either him or his students driving it often on his personal IG live feed as well as the school of drift IG live feed.

after gong back through the thread im realizing that 10 years ago, i never had a shock blow-out, it was simply just the adjuster had come loose. so these coil overs are still alive and well after many many miles of heavy abuse(drifting). i still recommend BC coil overs to anyone who asks.

My Cars
    E36 Sedan, NA6, 97 ITR
    Awesome update. I have been wanting to go KW but now reconsidering BC.

My Cars
    2006 M Coupe
    Car purchased with unknown history. It came with H&R sport springs and Bilstein B8. Don't know the age or whether they have been re-valved either. Super harsh on the roads in the Northeast where I live. Awesome on track, but a killer driving to and from the track days. Just swapped out with BC Racing Coilover BR series. Awesome adjustability. Easy enough to soften up for the street. Can't wait until the new track season starts again to see how these perform on the track.

My Cars
    03 zhp, 97 e36m3, 04 zhp
    How does it feel in comparison to b8/H&R on the street?

My Cars
    1994 "532i6", 1998 528iT
    Quote Originally Posted by Mless5 View Post
    How does it feel in comparison to b8/H&R on the street?
    Zero comparison, B8's are over-valved and incredibly harsh on low-profile tires. BC dampers are much closer matched to the springs they come with, and you can swap out to Swift springs if you want it to feel pretty much factory.

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by circuit.heart View Post
    Zero comparison, B8's are over-valved and incredibly harsh on low-profile tires. BC dampers are much closer matched to the springs they come with, and you can swap out to Swift springs if you want it to feel pretty much factory.
    Just to clarify…

Swift springs are not magical, and feel better than non-Swift springs.

Coilover springs with the same load rating will perform the same. The big difference between a BC Racing spring and a Swift spring of the same load rating is that Swift springs are more consistent in matching their load rating, and have more consistency across the full range of compression. That’s why they are priced at double the price of a BC Racing spring.

For street use, there’s probably no huge advantage to spending more money for Swift springs. For track use, where suspension motion and control is more critical, Swift springs are probably the better choice.

-rb