Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The schwarzes loch build - supercharged e36 convertible

My Cars
    '96 328iC, '89 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by Inv3ctiv3 View Post
    Lookin' good but I hate the smoked/blacked out lights and corners you need some contrast not just an all black blob.
    Actually the corners were originally a light smoke, but I have a layer of light smoke laminx on them to make it a shade darker. At the moment, I really like it the way it is now, but down the road I would probably change it.
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFPENGUIN View Post
    I think every owner of an e36 say that at one point

I like 2nd round, I'd ditch the halos, and get either a lip or an m3 bumper
    Well, when I buy things (make an investment as I see it) I mean to keep them, especially after putting this kind of work into it
    And yea I have already been thinking of ditching the halos, and future plans are to get the M3 bumper or lip
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnorak View Post
    Tasteful mods, clean car. I'm not partial to the pre-facelift front, but to each their own.
    Thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by NJohc View Post
    Must have been nice to put that top down this week in Jersey! I was wishing I had a vert. Nice progress! Good to see people doing it right the first time mechanically.
    Well, I wish I could have been enjoying that weather. Unfortunately, I attend university in Germany, and the car is in Jersey, but my dad sure enjoyed it And thanks, I have been trying very hard to do it "right"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
    car looks very clean, great work. That suspension was ridiculous!

oh, ditch the smoked/blacked corners ASAP. Get OEM clears and call it a day.
    Yea I really love the suspension, totally changed the car. As I said before, I really like the look the way it is right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by NwE34 View Post
    Clean tasteful mods, good job. Not a huge e36 fan, but I like yours.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WeiBCoupeE36 View Post
    you are right....however some of us end up getting rid of it

looks good due, keep up the good work
    Well I will try my hardest not to. And thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by KLove83 View Post
    looks good... Arnt the ground control pretty low? You dont wanna lower it more? I think a little lower will make it a little more aggressive. Looks pretty good

That doesnt look very clean. I like the OP's version better. Even my setup is cleaner than that
    Well, the GC coilovers in the front come with a thick spring perch that also includes a bearing to allow the spring to move freely when turning. Due to this and a thick bump stop (which I already trimmed) I am about as low as I can go without riding on the bump stop. Would you know if it is possible to change/remove the spring perch to something thinner/get rid of it completely?
    And yea, I like my ipod setup better
    Quote Originally Posted by THADREAMIN View Post
    Looks good... and good upgrades so far
    Thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by whitebeast View Post
    Follow klove83s footsteps, god damn his vert is clean..
    Hmmm, I don't know that car but I'll look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabel1234 View Post
    Interesting thread. I'm learning lots![IMG]http://www.**********.info/7.jpg[/IMG]
    Haha I am glad.
    Last edited by cpalella; 03-16-2012 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

'96 328iC, '96 328i, '89 s52 swapped 325i
    Shadetree30

My Cars
    Non-Practical M52B28
    Quote Originally Posted by KLove83 View Post
    That doesnt look very clean. I like the OP's version better. Even my setup is cleaner than that
    Im curious to see yours.

Always welcome feedback, and if there is a better way to do it, I'm game.
    Andy

'98 328Is Arktissilber l OZ Futura 17x9 et18 & 17x10.5 et37 l BC BR
    BC Racing l ECS Tunning l TheBMWPartsStore.com

My Cars
    e30 M3
    Your car looks great!! I love watching it transform. Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to the next project..

My Cars
    '96 328iC, '89 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by SirDrippington View Post
    Your car looks great!! I love watching it transform. Keep up the good work. I'm looking forward to the next project..
    Thanks! I am also looking forward to what comes next......

Shadetree30

My Cars
    2009 335
    looks good man.

My Cars
    s50 e36
    Looks like your headed in the right direction, real nice progress. An m bumper and some wheels will make a HUGE difference!

My Cars
    '96 328iC, '89 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by tystager93 View Post
    looks good man.
    Thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by redline effect View Post
    Looks like your headed in the right direction, real nice progress. An m bumper and some wheels will make a HUGE difference!
    Yea I know.. I'm working on getting the M bumper next I think, but as a college student I don't have much to spend on the car and I wish sometime I could have some nice CCWs like in your sig, or maybe style 32s, but wheels are a long way away......

Shadetree30

My Cars
    1995 BMW 325i sedan
    Sweet ride man don't wreck her as I did my first car but upgraded to a vert

My Cars
    z3

LOL...

Great build so far, keep it up

Going into my TENTH YEAR of providing high quality reproduction BMW fabrics!

PRICE CUT on ALL FABRICS
    Offering the best prices on the best quality reproduction fabrics!

My Cars
    E36 Hamann Widebody
    thumbs up

My Cars
    vinyl wrapped 97 328is
    nice work

My Cars
    '96 328iC, '89 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen325i View Post
    Sweet ride man don't wreck her as I did my first car but upgraded to a vert
    Not planning on it

Quote Originally Posted by blackxs View Post

LOL...

Great build so far, keep it up
    Hahahaha those look pretty familiar Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by andrep6810 View Post
    thumbs up
    Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by whoshaunq View Post
    nice work
    Thanks!

Since those last pictures I installed an M bumper with lux slats and the reiger gt cup spoiler lip. I also did a little bit of tweaking with the headlights so they look a little more aggressive, oem and completed.

I'll post pictures soon. It looks good
    Last edited by cpalella; 07-29-2012 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Shadetree30

My Cars
    saturn
    Great looking car man, i got my vert in high school as well! M3 front bumper would do wonders, excited to see how it turns out!

My Cars
    '96 328iC, '89 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by DTAP122 View Post
    Great looking car man, i got my vert in high school as well! M3 front bumper would do wonders, excited to see how it turns out!
    Thanks man! Hahaha read a little M3 bumper with lux slats and reiger lip are installed... just need pics

Shadetree30

My Cars
    saturn
    shooooott my bad, get those damn pics up haha

My Cars
    '96 328iC, '89 325i
    Pics of the new bumper and lip. Forgot to mention before that there is also a motion motorsports underpanel! Again big thanks to my friend Ray for the use of his driveaway and help with everything!

I will be also getting a license plate delete strip. Decided to screw the front plate after my neighbor (he has an e36 M3 and 330 ZHP) told me he hasn't gotten a ticket in 14 years for driving without the front plate on any of his 3 cars.

Also small note of sadness and irritation... drove the car to Virginia to visit a friend only a couple of days after installing everything and on the way back there was a shredded truck tire all over the highway Thought I dodged it all until I got home and noticed my license plate was bent and the lux slats were missing. Found it wedged between the underpanel and radiator. Also found the offending piece of tire rubber jammed in there, it was the size of my hand, and just as thick. Anyway.. I fixed it all

I'll put more pics with everything all nice and clean later. You can also see a bit of the headlights (I'm really proud of them )

Shadetree30

Compactive is offline Helpful. BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    3x 318ti
    Those lips usually don't last very long on street driven cars, especially lowered ones. With that said, I don't think the car is quite there yet to pull off the aggressive front end. I'm sure you have a set of wheels in mind but I always found the lip to look kinda goofy on a vert. Get some wheels with an aggressive offset and beef up the rear a little.

If I were you I'd just keep the car clean and call it a day, but we all go through the mod bug I guess
    Want a custom signature? Post requests here, or PM me here | My Flickr

My Cars
    '96 328iC, '89 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by Compactive View Post
    Those lips usually don't last very long on street driven cars, especially lowered ones. With that said, I don't think the car is quite there yet to pull off the aggressive front end. I'm sure you have a set of wheels in mind but I always found the lip to look kinda goofy on a vert. Get some wheels with an aggressive offset and beef up the rear a little.

If I were you I'd just keep the car clean and call it a day, but we all go through the mod bug I guess
    Well we shall see how long it lasts.. I think mine is not as low as most so I hope it lasts a good while

Yes I do have wheels in mind but have to set priorities and I felt the bumper needed doing before the wheels. This is a long term project in my mind, so when I tackle a certain part of the car, I aim to complete it in the manner that I would like to see it finally, whenever that would be.

What do you mean by beef up the rear a little bit?

Shadetree30

Compactive is offline Helpful. BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    3x 318ti
    Quote Originally Posted by cpalella View Post
    Well we shall see how long it lasts.. I think mine is not as low as most so I hope it lasts a good while

Yes I do have wheels in mind but have to set priorities and I felt the bumper needed doing before the wheels. This is a long term project in my mind, so when I tackle a certain part of the car, I aim to complete it in the manner that I would like to see it finally, whenever that would be.

What do you mean by beef up the rear a little bit?
    Probably not the best example in terms of practicality but maybe take a couple things from here and you'll have a pretty aggressive rear. I'm not saying you should do any of these things... not my car but just giving you an example that I think would match your front end up pretty nicely

Want a custom signature? Post requests here, or PM me here | My Flickr

My Cars
    Technoviolet ///M3
    sub'd. Good work so far can't wait to see what you have in store!

My Cars
    1995 BMW 325i sedan
    Where yah located at anyway might see yah on the road sometime hopefully lol :-D

My Cars
    2015 M3
    You're doing a fine job so far. Great purchase on the MM underpanel. Really a quality piece.

My Cars
    95 M3, 86 951
    I was skeptical at first....
    But I like! Also props for maintenance first.

My Cars
    E36
    Very nice work OP, and +1 on maintenance first...nothing like driving a 15 year old car that feels brand new and outhandles a lot of other cars on the road.

Where in NJ are you? I'm pretty sure I've seen you around before Haha

My Cars
    '96 328iC, '89 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by Compactive View Post
    Probably not the best example in terms of practicality but maybe take a couple things from here and you'll have a pretty aggressive rear. I'm not saying you should do any of these things... not my car but just giving you an example that I think would match your front end up pretty nicely
    Hahaha yea I understand what you are saying, but I like it the way it is Maybe someday I would add that diffuser along with an s54 (or something of the likes)

Quote Originally Posted by HUTTO View Post
    sub'd. Good work so far can't wait to see what you have in store!
    Thanks! Next are some spacers and hopefully some new swaybar endlinks (mine are pretty shot) and I think the rear should be adjustable because I'm pretty sure there is some contact going on when I hit big bumps
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen325i View Post
    Where yah located at anyway might see yah on the road sometime hopefully lol :-D
    I'm in Bergen county NJ, in the top right of the state, approx 15 mins from the NY border. My town is close to Ridgewood
    Quote Originally Posted by JBURGS47 View Post
    You're doing a fine job so far. Great purchase on the MM underpanel. Really a quality piece.
    Thanks! Yea that thing made my whole front end solid as steel! I like it a lot. Also keeps all the junk/water from kicking up into my fog lights etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdantuono View Post
    I was skeptical at first....
    But I like! Also props for maintenance first.
    What made you skeptical?!? Lol it was a little iffy at first, but I think I am going in the right direction now Yea, to be honest, maintenance is just as much a performance thing as it is "fixing" . . . the car drives sooooo well now!
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinnyBeans View Post
    Very nice work OP, and +1 on maintenance first...nothing like driving a 15 year old car that feels brand new and outhandles a lot of other cars on the road.

Where in NJ are you? I'm pretty sure I've seen you around before Haha
    You are not kidding. I have yet to drive anything better than my e36. It is just so much fun to drive. Honestly, I think these cars beat out most new cars not just in the handling department... they are quick! And quite pretty! I just love the timeless lines and styling of the e36. Can't tell you how many times people assume the car is 4 years old at most LOL

And as I wrote above, I live very close to the NY border, next to the towns of Ridgewood, Waldwick, Saddle River (idk if you have heard of Ho-Ho-Kus which is the name of my town) Where are you at?? I would love to meet up some time.. see another e36

Shadetree30

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast