Thread: Just Ordered!

My Cars
    2012 550i

Just Ordered!

Hi everyone!

Just ordered my first ever BMW car, I already have a BMW motorcycle.

Ordered a 550i, hopefully will hit production this week!

My Cars
    2012 535i M Sport
    Nice! The anticipation is a killer! My 535i should be at the dealer by Friday...it's been a long 2 months! Congrats again!

My Cars
    2012 550i
    The anticipation is a killer. The dealer had a car ready for production that they modified for me. The sales guy says it went to production but the site hasn't updated. Is there a phone number to call to get more up to date information..

My Cars
    2012 535i M Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by bmwgso
    The anticipation is a killer. The dealer had a car ready for production that they modified for me. The sales guy says it went to production but the site hasn't updated. Is there a phone number to call to get more up to date information..
    That's EXACTLY how I ordered mine, it was in production and we modified it. As for updates, sorry man, you'll just have to log in to mybmw everyday for 2 months like I did! And sorry to rub it in, but the dealer just called me and it's ready for pick up tomorrow! Be patient man...

My Cars
    2012 550i
    Checked on the vehicle and appears to have moved into production. What's been everyone's experience with production time?

My Cars
    2012 535i M Sport
    Checked on the vehicle and appears to have moved into production. What's been everyone's experience with production time?
    Roughly 2 weeks for me...

My Cars
    2012 550i
    Called today and the system says estimated completion is the 12th, which will be one week of production. How do I learn what ship it will be on for tracking purposes?

My Cars
    2012 535i M Sport
    Called today and the system says estimated completion is the 12th, which will be one week of production. How do I learn what ship it will be on for tracking purposes?
    That I'm not sure, I didn't try tracking the ship...I just checked online every single day lol

My Cars
    2012 550i
    Car is in the paint shop!

My Cars
    2012 535i M Sport
    Nice! What color?

meteck is offline Houston CCA Houston 7ers BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    1997 BMW 740iL, 2011 528
    That's why I bought mine off the floor. I just don't have the patience.

Totally stock 97 740iL except for SatRad

My Cars
    2012 550i
    I'll tell you, the BMW system for production tracking sucks! I work in IT and I could design a better system in my sleep. For such an awesome driving machine and all of the technology in the car, you would think they would develop a better system for tracking the production status of the vehicle.

Production is supposed tl end tomorrow. I hope it ships this week! There is a ship destined for the East dose that is scheduled to arrive in a week as opposed to 2. With some luck, my car will be in my driveway in about 2 weeks!

My Cars
    08 ///M5, 11 X5 3d
    How much over invoice did you end up at? Thinking about ordering a 550i and NEED DATA!!!
    Radelow
    2011 X5 35d (mine)
    2011 335d (hers)
    2007 F150 5.4 4x4 (field/towing/hunting truck)
    2010 Factory Five Roadster, 347 w/430hp+430tq
    Sold: '08 M5, '05 X5 4.4i, '04 M3, '06 CLK430, '99 F250, '92 Spec Miata, '95 M3, '98 M3/4

My Cars
    2012 550i
    Well, Isuppose with the trade the numbers really don't reflect the true price. I paid just under a grand over invoice, but also got an additional $800 on my trade when requested. I suppose all and all probably paid about $500 over invoice.

car is at the port as of Sunday. Hopefully it is on a ship by now. Just waiting for the ship's name from the dealer. Should be here in a week or two.
    Last edited by bmwgso; 03-13-2012 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    Acura TLs, 2000 540i Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by meteck View Post
    That's why I bought mine off the floor. I just don't have the patience.

Same for my wife. Too many options with these cars. I just went with what's available on the floor with the options my wife wanted. Just got it this week. We went with the 535i.. Originally look at the 528i.. I am just not so sure about it yet. No doubt I would go with the 550i if the car was for me.

Probably paid a little more than others.. $800 over invoice.. Wife is happy.. that's all it matters I guess.

I recently got rid of my 540i...wow.. the 5 series has changed quite a bit..

Quote Originally Posted by bmwgso View Post
    I'll tell you, the BMW system for production tracking sucks! I work in IT and I could design a better system in my sleep. For such an awesome driving machine and all of the technology in the car, you would think they would develop a better system for tracking the production status of the vehicle.

Production is supposed tl end tomorrow. I hope it ships this week! There is a ship destined for the East dose that is scheduled to arrive in a week as opposed to 2. With some luck, my car will be in my driveway in about 2 weeks!

How did you find out that information on the ship?

My Cars
    2012 550i
    Quote Originally Posted by rpeif View Post
    How did you find out that information on the ship?
    Ask your salesman for the ship name, he has it. Then Google it.

Soooooooo?????

Just put a deposit for the M5 last week. I read here that you're able to track your order on MyBMW? Do I need to let the sales manager know that I wish to do that as well?