Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1989 750iL w 56k. How much am I worth??

My Cars
    735iL - 1989
    Willing Buyer meets willing Seller.

There really is no "Market", just traders. Who can predict the trade?

I buy ancient General Radio electronic instruments on eBay because I revere the genius engineering and inspired skillful execution.

Our fringe marketplace is like a back-lane souq, I suppose.

My Cars
    two 3's one 5 three 7's
    Quote Originally Posted by ///M Blitz View Post
    I agree with much of what you said, except the above. BMW North America was looking for an e32 750iL to show along with the new 760Li when it debuted earlier this year and couldn't find one. They advertized in conjunction with BMW CCA and nothing. Also, in 2016 during the 100-year BMW celebration in Monterey, California they had one of each car for the parade, except one...guess which one (hint, e32 750iL).
    It's ironic that you mention this, as I tried to submit my 750iL for that event and I never recieved a response. However the car resides in Canada, and it is a 1 of 1 Individual w/Highline options 750iL - so either one of those reasons might have put it out of the running. I didn't even have the opportunity to send them pictures for them to see if it was visually what they are looking for. It was a disappointment that I didn't get an answer from BMW, even if they would have said no. I thought it was rare opportunity to showcase the unique history of the car.....oh well maybe the next one.

My Cars
    735iL - 1989
    Well, Canada is somewhere overseas, isn't it?

My Cars
    are slow
    Quote Originally Posted by E32FAN View Post
    Well, Canada is somewhere overseas, isn't it?
    Still doesn't sound like they expended much energy trying to find one.

Quote Originally Posted by e30luv318i View Post
    It's funny that the e32 got a role reversal. A well sorted e32 is worth more than an e38 now !
    http://www.jemmotorcorp.com/detail-1...rce=craigslist
    Last edited by XAlt; 09-15-2017 at 10:59 PM.

My Cars
    2003 325xi Wgn+Suburbans
    I bot a gold 1989 V12 E32 in LA in May, it was ready for its final trip to the junkyard. Due to my getting sucked in by the seller declaring it was "road trip ready", I sent $1200 and he picked me up at the airport and when I arrived at his house, there was the abandoned neglected subject. Long story short, I dumped the overflowing ashtray, put in some gas and aired up the half flat RF tire, cleaned the filthy windows, and I nursed it to my cousins house an hour away, leaving streams of oil.
    I drove it, front wheels death wobbling all the way to El Paso Texas, hooked up a Corvair with a trailer hitch I installed in the Home Depot parking lot, and drove it to my friends junkyard in Colorado Springs area.
    I had Amazon ship new ball joint-control arm assys, and a new center link, changed two leaking fuel hoses and charged up the AC and I made it to the Adirondacks, getting 16-17 mpg.
    Its been our daily driver now, and I've put on about 17,000 miles. I slowed the oil pan leak way down using Liqui Moly, changed the plugs bcause they foul from oil change neglect, and fuel mileage approaches 20mpg at times.
    Paint is badly faded, but the interior has held up very well.
    I will be buying an X5 in San Diego and driving to Baton Rouge to tow back my broken down S10 Blazer, and using the X5 for winter driving back home to the Adirondacks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CORVAIRWILD; 09-16-2017 at 07:46 AM.

My Cars
    89 750iL | 91 325iX
    For reference of market prices I will submit mine.

1989 750iL Alpine White on Saddle Brown.
    AC Schnitzer Body Kit, OZ Racing Fittipaldi wheels
    84000 miles, two owner car from Arizona.

I paid $3,900.

It's not perfect, but pretty damn close considering.

I believe this car could be appraised at $10k. As others have mentioned, not a vehicle that is in demand in the market but taking into consideration it's rarity and what the right buyer would pay, I would say that would not be out of the question.

My Cars
    '93 740il '84 633Csi
    I just missed an E32 750il white/blue 1994 that sold by a flipper for $5k here on Long Island. PO had electrical problems (ate batteries for lunch) and had an inop LAD (needed new accumulators) and numerous other deductions which I estimated at about $2-$3k. Also, it was kept in a sea-side community and the undercarriage had abit of rust....

My Cars
    89'750iL,98'740iL,00'M5
    Coming from an owner of both E32 and E38, id say the E32 is a much better built car. I love the E38 but it has been a pain compared to my old 735 or 750. Sadly I have not seen many E32s for sale or in the junkyard (though this may mean that people are taking care of them) but I feel as if the E32s down here in Florida are fizzling out. When I purchased mine in Dec of 2014, there were new CL postings every week with E32s. Now ive only seen one in the past year.

Mine
    1989 750iL
    $1,000 not running. replaced the EML with a $30 one off of ebay and it ran ever since. Interior is 9/10 ext is 7/10 needs some serious polishing but life is left in paint
    Last edited by SergeBMW; 09-17-2017 at 09:59 PM.

BMW 7er Website www.7er.com
    1989 BMW 735i Schwarz (sadly, sold) // 1989 BMW 750iL Cirrusblau Metallic // 1998 BMW 740iL Oxfordgrün Metallic // 2000 M5 Carbon Schwarz ///

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12