Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: Brand New Custom E36 M3 Roll Bar

My Cars
    95 M3 / 98 ZX2 Lemons
    Im going to post pictures of mine shortly. I plan on painting my interior tonight and will take pictures after. It looks awesome.

My Cars
    98 M3,94 325is,07 Avalan
    I got a look at Savage's bar. Looks very nice. The fit up seems just as good as the TCKline one i bought, except maybe not quite as tight to the roof. My bar was a massive pain to install as it was so tight fitting.
    Jon

98 M3 Track/Autocross/Street- AST 4100s.
    94 325is beater

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboycowen View Post
    I got a look at Savage's bar. Looks very nice. The fit up seems just as good as the TCKline one i bought, except maybe not quite as tight to the roof. My bar was a massive pain to install as it was so tight fitting.
    I designed it to clear the stock headliner. So if you are not running a headliner there will be a little more room. Thanks for the kind words! I can't wait to see it.
    Specializing in Custom E30,E36,E46 Roll Bars Follow me on instagram @baysidefabrication

My Cars
    98 M3,94 325is,07 Avalan
    Quote Originally Posted by Widebody325 View Post
    I designed it to clear the stock headliner. So if you are not running a headliner there will be a little more room. Thanks for the kind words! I can't wait to see it.
    Yea, i would have preferred a looser fitting bar, since i run a headliner. My headliner now has rub marks from installing the bar, and they will never go away.

It's about time someone did a good bar for a reasonable price.
    Jon

98 M3 Track/Autocross/Street- AST 4100s.
    94 325is beater

My Cars
    07 335i , 98 M3
    I was going to order a pre-made tonight and found this thread. Would you consider shipping (to Rochester, NY), if I can arrange it? you can e-mail directly to rich(at)studio-2b.com

My Cars
    95 M3 / 98 ZX2 Lemons
    Pictures of my new interior.

Looks awesome in my opinion. Thanks again Ben!

My Cars
    Gt35R E36/6, S60R TI/AC.
    DAM ben! you seem to be making a killer item here.. I'm actualy very upest that your in my back yard and i have not got one/ had you make one for me yet. my car is on stands currently and loks like it will be for a while. but MAN i want one of your bars!

Quote Originally Posted by ///36M View Post
    F/I is a game you play with yourself. You convince yourself that with X amount of money and Y amount of time it will most definetly result in Z.
    Two-thirds of the way through X you are one-third of your way to Z. I will keep Y out of this, because the time it usually ends up taking is laughable.
    Welcome to the fun!

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Nick that looks awesome! Thanks for posting up those pictures.
    Specializing in Custom E30,E36,E46 Roll Bars Follow me on instagram @baysidefabrication

My Cars
    1999 M3, 2002 530i Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by savage217 View Post
    Pictures of my new interior.

Looks awesome in my opinion. Thanks again Ben!
    So tempting...

My Cars
    E36 M3 Techno, baby,
    The bar is not very close to either the side walls or the roof. You really want it as tight to these as possible. Another thing to look as is the foot plates. Do they contour to the floor or are they flat and pulled in by the bolts.

1998 E36 M3-4 track car Techoviolet
    1995 E36 M3-2 Boston green
    2006 E90 330xi

My Cars
    E36 M3
    The bar was designed to fit with stock side panels and stock headliner. There is about a half inch on each side and about a half inch to the top with a stock headliner. If someone wants it taller than I can make it taller, and yes plates are contoured.
    Last edited by Widebody325; 03-09-2012 at 11:21 AM.

My Cars
    95 M3 / 98 ZX2 Lemons
    Plates are contoured very well, I would say as good as the TCKline version. It is not as tight to the top of the headliner, that is definitely true, but I doubt that really matters much in the grand scheme of things. The side fitment seems to be similar to most rollbars. I am happy with the fitment overall.

My Cars
    98 Turbo M3, 04 E53 X5
    Are all the bars the same price? Also, how are these guys picking these up?

Id be interested in this one...

98 Fern Green M3/2 - Precision 6870/AR Designs Twin Scroll/RK/E85
    2017 Toyota Tundra Crewmaxx - Family Whip
    2011 Pierce 75' Quint - Fire Apparatus West Islip FD

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by NY98M3 View Post
    Are all the bars the same price? Also, how are these guys picking these up?

Id be interested in this one...

$475 for the .095 with the rear X.
    $460 for the 0.95 without the rear X.
    I can also do a custom job if you want.

I just shipped out a bar yesterday via greyhound. It cost $86 to Rochester, NY. So that is going to be the cheapest way to get them if you want it shipped. If not you can come pick it up with a truck or just take out your interior parts that need to come out and we can just put it in your car. I would also like to add that I have also made some slight modifications to snug the bar up to the headliner a little more to ensure a nice tight fitment.

Some people were requesting pictures of bare joints as well so here are a few I took the other day.

Last edited by Widebody325; 03-14-2012 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    E368x2 / F15
    Nice work! I may be getting one from you in the next month or so.

/
    //

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Hey everyone. I just wanted to let you all know I have made a few of these now and have really honed in the design. Here are a few pictures of what I have come up with. Notice the rear bars and the X brace terminate on the same node, as well at the diagonal bar that goes to the drivers head has been moved up. Also the X brace tubes and diagonal tube contact and are welded directly to the mounting plates. I thank everyone for their support and input. This bar now could be used in a full cage application at any point if you decided to go that route. Thanks again and keep the orders coming!

Last edited by Widebody325; 03-29-2012 at 05:18 PM.

My Cars
    88 M3's, 90 325i, 95 M3
    Not Spec E36 legal correct because it's a bolt in?

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3
    Instead of bolting, can you just weld it in?

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Downtown LA E36 View Post
    Instead of bolting, can you just weld it in?
    Absolutely! I can make it without holes for that exact purpose. Or you could just plug weld the holes which would work too.

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Alright guys, just wanted to check in and give everyone a heads up. Things are going great and I have made about 8 bars in the past 4 weeks. The design is now super solid and I feel very confident with the product. I have been thinking of a name for my little business here and I think Bayside Fabrications is what I am going to run with. I think it has a nice ring to it and it will be much easier to identify with rather than "that guy on the forums who makes roll bars." Just wanted to run it by my local guys and see what you think as far as the name is concerned. Oh, and I have a E46 M3 coming in next weekend to play with. Another bar will be coming soon!

My Cars
    Gt35R E36/6, S60R TI/AC.
    nice!
    my car may be rolling sooner than later *(hopefully)* once i'm on wheels again i'll be bringing her by for the custom sedan install

Quote Originally Posted by ///36M View Post
    F/I is a game you play with yourself. You convince yourself that with X amount of money and Y amount of time it will most definetly result in Z.
    Two-thirds of the way through X you are one-third of your way to Z. I will keep Y out of this, because the time it usually ends up taking is laughable.
    Welcome to the fun!

ayton is offline Rabbit in your headlights
    My Cars
    325ti, '14 Outback 6spd
    will this fit a ti?

My Cars
    E36 M3 Turbo
    I want one of these in my car! Lime green cage should work well We will be in touch once I get some money saved up again.
    97 Turbo 3.2L M3 - Cutring / ARP - RSI Top Mount - Gt4088r - ID1300 - Tial WG - 22RPD Tuned - 93 Octane - 3.5" Stainless

My Cars
    95 BMW M3
    Purchased on of these a few weeks back. Bar arrived in roughly a weeks time, was very well packed and the whole ordeal was pretty painless. I had never been in a Greyhound station before so that was a bit of an adventure. Must say I am extremely pleased with the purchase. I had a few questions and Ben called/emailed me very quickly. Here are some pics of the bar installed in my very dirty 95 M.

My Cars
    97 328is, 04 996TT
    Ben,
    Will you ship to Toronto, ON, Canada? If so, how much?
    Please PM me. Thanks!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast