Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: Brand New Custom E36 M3 Roll Bar

My Cars
    E36 M3

FS: Brand New Custom E30, E36 and E46 Roll Bars

For sale I have build custom fabricated 4 point roll bars for e30, e36 and e46 platforms. They are made out of 1.75x.095 DOM tubing and has 3/16" Mounting plates along with grade 8 hardware. I designed it so you can still run a rear seat, rear side panels and stock sunroof and headliner. I build these with custom harness bars as well as any other options you would like. As for me I have about 15 years of metal fabricating and welding experience and to date have sold well over 100 of these bars. This roll bar is top notch and I have not seen any other ones that are designed like mine. Please contact me at ben.sipson@gmail.com. If you send me your number I can call you as well if you have any more questions. I am located in Seminole, FL. I ship these for $150 to anywhere in the continental United States via Greyhound Package Express for $150 The bar fits any E36 CoupeSedan. Also make these for E46 Coupes and working on a E30 bar as well.
    PRICE: $550 without rear x brace, $650 with rear X brace

Last edited by Widebody325; 03-14-2019 at 02:09 PM.
    Specializing in Custom E30,E36,E46 Roll Bars Follow me on instagram @baysidefabrication

My Cars
    Gt35R E36/6, S60R TI/AC.
    If anyone is interested I can go check out them for you infact I may want one lol

Quote Originally Posted by ///36M View Post
    F/I is a game you play with yourself. You convince yourself that with X amount of money and Y amount of time it will most definetly result in Z.
    Two-thirds of the way through X you are one-third of your way to Z. I will keep Y out of this, because the time it usually ends up taking is laughable.
    Welcome to the fun!

My Cars
    95 M3 / 98 ZX2 Lemons
    That looks like it is all one piece. How much does it weigh?

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by savage217 View Post
    That looks like it is all one piece. How much does it weigh?
    Just put it on the scale and it weighs in at 75lbs exactly! And yes its one piece.
    Specializing in Custom E30,E36,E46 Roll Bars Follow me on instagram @baysidefabrication

My Cars
    1999 M3, 2002 530i Sport
    Those welds look clean man. Good work

My Cars
    Techno M3/4/5
    i wishhh i didnt daily drive my car

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmoney10 View Post
    i wishhh i didnt daily drive my car
    You can daily drive with a roll bar. You just can't put people in the back seat.

My Cars
    95 M3, 03 540, 06 M3Cic
    BUMP for a great guy.. spoke to Ben on the phone last night and he knows his product and competition and he has a great product and is willing to work with people on future roll bars.. I'm contemplating doing a rollbar from him!
    Last edited by E36Shikara; 02-27-2012 at 07:58 AM.
    1997 E36 328is - retired
    1987 E30 325is - retired

Eric Kaul
    BMW CCA Boston Chapter - Member

HotCalls Motorsport - Driver
    Follow us at: http://www.facebook.com/HotCallsMotorsport

My Cars
    e36 m3 Ls2, 318I, 325is
    How you get that in the car? Very well made.

My Cars
    95 M3, 87 535is

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by mateo m3 View Post
    How you get that in the car? Very well made.
    You have to take out the rear seats, and side panels, front seats and the arm rest and ebrake. Its really not bad taking that stuff out. Then it fits right into place. Having a friend there would help. I put it in my car about ten times by myself.

And to clarify this meets all SCCA spces for roll cage tubing and design. It is 1.75 Outside Dimensions x .120 Wall Thickness DOM tubing. The rear mounting plates are contoured to fit the rear wheel arches and the floor plates are bent to match the contours of the floor.
    Last edited by Widebody325; 02-28-2012 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Here are a couple pics of the plates. Sorry if the quality of the pics sucks. I took em real quick with my phone.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    97 M3/2/5 & S/C M3/4/5
    Hey guy, a bunch of you have emailed me & asked me what i thought about Ben's Roll bar design & i figured I'd list my unbiased impression here. (I don't know Ben & i am basing this impression off of his description & photos)

I go to the track a lot & I recently purchased a new TC Kline Bar that weighs in at 54lbs. In comparison to Ben's bar, the TC Kline bar is 20lbs lighter but it does not have the rear X brace that Ben's has.

Ben's design seems to be more rigid & should have more protection in a roll over or side impact. I think he has taken his design influence from more of a roll cage style.

The TC Kline Bar shipped from Denver to New England cost roughly $175 on top of the $595 purchase price, so Ben's bar is far more affordable.

The TC Kline bar & VSR1 bar both have a bend behind the drivers seat to accommodate a further back seating position. I'm 6'5 and this is good for a stock seat, but with a race seat, Ben's strait cross bar should leave plenty of room.

Ben's contoured Foot styles look correct.

The welds look clean in the Photo & his chose of metal thickness is the going requirement.

In closing, if I had not already bought the TC Kline Bar, I think Ben is offering a solid bar locally for a good price and i think i would have bought one.

Ben, you should think of a name for your company / Bar & put your name on your design. You might get a following and it will allow people down the road to research your equipment.

Also, perhaps offer a second lighter option for guys who are really weight conscious. 20lbs is a lot to some of us. (Especially when you gained 10lbs over the holiday)

Good Luck.
    Last edited by Snakery; 02-28-2012 at 01:54 PM.

CURRENT: '97 M3, '97 M3/4/5 S/C PAST: '81 320i Widebody / '99 M3/ '98 DINAN 323is/ '87 944 Turbo
    2011 Boston BMWCCA Auto-X Rookie of the Year
    www.WileMotorsport.com

My Cars
    99 M3, 01 F350
    just an FYI, a bolt in roll bar is not going to meet any racing series rules. The tubing diameter would not matter in this regard.

If you wanted to build an E36 to meet the most classes, the majority of the cage design would be in 1.75 x .095. .120 wall is for smaller diameter tubing, in lighter cars.

GREAT design, and the contoured feet are a HUGE plus over some other designs, and I really like the fact that it is all one piece, with a X in the back to help reinforce the back downtubes.

Good luck, and in the future, if u can go to a 1.75 x .095 wall you would be better off, and lighter.

NASA time trials dont require a rollbar/cage, thus dont have any rule expectations for such, and can use any bar you want.

If you were to go to W2W, you wouldnt have a bolt in rollbar anyways, so this wouldnt even be part of the discussion in rules compliance.
    "Torque is like cowbell... you can never have too much." - Michael Cervi

My Cars
    98 S54 M3 / 16 Audi SQ5
    Emailed you to arrange pick up, hopefully we can work something out.

My Cars
    99 M3, 01 F350

In this picture, it appears you have another bend in the bottom of the main hoop. Is that correct? Or is the main hoop only bent on "one plane"?

like this...

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Yes there are slight bends right about where the harness bar crosses. And I can absolutely make these out of 1.75 x.095 DOM if rules allow. It will save weight for sure. I just went with what TC Kline and Autopower used for their bars which is .120 DOM. I can also eliminate the rear X which will save weight. Also if anyone feels like they need bent harness bars for seat clearance I can do that as well.

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Also I thought I would throw this in here. This is my 1969 Toyota FJ40 I am workin on. Just finished up tacking the cage together today. Might make some slight adjustments to it. I think I got a little out of hand with bending tube on this one

My Cars
    99 M3, 01 F350
    Quote Originally Posted by Widebody325 View Post
    Yes there are slight bends right about where the harness bar crosses. And I can absolutely make these out of 1.75 x.095 DOM if rules allow. It will save weight for sure. I just went with what TC Kline and Autopower used for their bars which is .120 DOM. I can also eliminate the rear X which will save weight. Also if anyone feels like they need bent harness bars for seat clearance I can do that as well.

the bend in the main hoop is a huge no no for cage building. Can u make these exactly like your design in .095 and the main hoop only bent in one plane?

THAT would be the setup to make multiples of...

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Maybe we are not talking about the same thing here. There are 4 total bends on the main hoop. 2 up top and 2 where the harness bar is located. Looks just like the pic of the bar you posted.

My Cars
    99 M3, 01 F350
    http://www.bmwccaclubracing.com/stat...2012-v17.5.pdf

page 84

3. Main Hoop
    A. The main roll cage hoop shall be as wide as the full width of the interior and must be as close to the roof as possible without violating the provisions of “Inspection” outlined below. One continuous length of roll bar tubing shall be used as the main hoop. The main hoop must consist of not more than four bends maximum, totaling 180 degrees +/- 10 degrees and in the same plane.

tubing specs

pg 87

3. 2501 to 3000 pounds
    a. 1.500” x 0.120” DOM/Chromoly/Seamless
    b. 1.750” x 0.095” DOM/Chromoly/Seamless

NASA rules are fairly close to these specs as well. With your rollbar being a fully welded single piece, it would be easy for someone to weld this into their car if ur plates meet the specs, and then all they have to do is add the front half of the cage.

That makes your option VERY enticing to future buyers

Maybe we are not talking about the same thing here. There are 4 total bends on the main hoop. 2 up top and 2 where the harness bar is located. Looks just like the pic of the bar you posted.
    the 2 bends in the main hoop at the harness bar are on the same plane as the rest of the bar, or do those bends pull the main hoop bar forward/backward in the car?

|
    |
    |
    |
    |

like this from the side?

or like this from the side?

|
    |
    |
    \
    .|
    .|
    Last edited by 99MPower; 02-28-2012 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Ok I see what your are saying. Its all on the same plane, no worries. Here is a pic that shows it better.

My Cars
    99 M3, 01 F350
    Ok I see what your are saying. Its all on the same plane, no worries. Here is a pic that shows it better.
    PERFECT!!!

nice looking bar/setup

picture fixed for you

Last edited by 99MPower; 02-28-2012 at 07:40 PM.

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Ok guys so I have done some math and and have figured out weights for you.
    1.75 x .120 DOM = Approx 75lbs
    1.75 x .095 DOM = Approx 55lbs

Now some people have contacted me about removing the rear x brace and going with the two down instead. Here is a picture of what I would do if that were the case. So just imagine the X removed and the blue line a small support brace. This would weigh in around 48lbs if it was .095 and about 61lbs with .120

My Cars
    95 M3 / 98 ZX2 Lemons
    I am buying the revised 1.75 x .095 bar without the X bar in place. Basically how his new picture is, is what I will be getting. Instead of the Xbrace there will be a horizontal tube between the main hoop and both tubes connecting to the rear wheel well. I like this design for my application as it is lighter and still very strong.

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast