Thread: BMW 1989 325i E30 Electric problem

My Cars
    1989 BMW e30 325i

Angry BMW 1989 325i E30 Electric problem

I'm Going Insane With My e30 It All Started When I Was coming From Martial Art's Class My cluster Gauges Died On Me Everything Except The Speedometer, I Already Wanted To cry Since I had The Same Problem In A Mercedes C280 That Cost Me 600 Dollars, But Any-who Later On That Day My Engine Was Making A Funny Noise Every Time i Would Leave it On idle It Had A Very Though Time staying There It Was Jumping Up Or Down So Before Leaving My Neighborhood. I Turned Back To Go To My house Then Everything Went Crazy My Headlights Were Turning On And Off My Washer Fluid Light Was Coming On My Engine Oil Came On So did My Low Beam Light Came Up Then Out Of Nowhere My Radio Cut Off. I Arrive To my House And Park It Up Hill Since I Live uphill And turn it Off And Left it Off For Few Minutes Then Try To Turn it On And No It Did Not Even Try To Crank Or or Show Any Lights On The Cluster I Was Like Holly Shit I"m Fucked I Let It Sit Now And Not Even My Alarm System Is Not Working On It My Time Went Dead With every Try I Did To Turn It On i Went To independent Shop But They Are Trying To Rape Me With There Rates $100/Hour. I Checked The Fuse Box And Fuses 5, 7 and 24 Are Blown But I Checked What They Were It Was horn, light Hazards, Wipers/fluid> It Does Not Make Any Sense Can Anyone Help With This And I'm Soon to Check The Wires When I get Sun Light Tomorrow Morning. ugh electrical Issues>.<

My Cars
    96 M3
    your location.. i see what you did there

My Cars
    1989 BMW e30 325i
    Oh I'm 19 year lol I'm goofball, but do you have any ideas that could be wrong with my car?

My Cars
    1989 BMW e30 325i
    Would it be a good idea to lead off from the blown fuses, for example number 24 I went to the diagram which is the light turns/hazards lights follow the fuse then the wire too channel (C103) located at the RH side of the engine compartment and see if any wires are damaged from there? Just trying really hard to find the solution.

My Cars
    1992 535iA (Winter DD)
    Sounds like a mouse got loose in your wiring
    Current:
    1992 535iA
    2000 540i/6 sport

Past:
    1990 535iA (R.I.P.)
    1994 325i/5 (Sold)

My Cars
    1989 BMW e30 325i
    Don't say that, I always find two cats either around or on top of my car most of the week before I leave to work. But I check the wiring under the carpet it was well maintained and under the steering wheel look decent. Just really have to check under the hood.

My Cars
    99 M Coupe,04 K1200rs
    A loose/dirty battery cable or other ground wires are usually the problem when multiple electrical gremlins arise all at once., or a failing battery/alt.

My Cars
    1997 328i convertible
    On some cars, you do not have a simple connection between the switch and the light or whatever. The switch is a module input and a message is put on a network for action by another module. These modules will not work right if the voltage is too low.

Perhaps your battery was not charging due to a bad alternator or drive belt and the battery discharged to the point when stuff stopped working. Is the battery dead? If so, charge it, then figure out why it wasn't charging.

You should also proof read your posts before posting.

My Cars
    1992 535iA (Winter DD)
    try replacing all the fuses... its possible moisture could have affected them. Thats the cheapest aproach before extensive digging around. Also might not hurt having your alternator tested. Good luck and let us know... i have some gremlins too
    Current:
    1992 535iA
    2000 540i/6 sport

Past:
    1990 535iA (R.I.P.)
    1994 325i/5 (Sold)

My Cars
    1994 325i
    yes, sounds like it could be a bad electrical problem, have that alternator tested

replace the fuses that were blown, if they blow again after you replace them, then you have a wiring problem with that circuit associated with the fuse

good luck

My Cars
    1989 BMW e30 325i
    I'm Getting A Felling It's The Alternator Since My Battery Was Drained And That Thing Is Only 3 Moths Old I'm Recharging It And Seeing What's Up I'll Keep Ya Posted, Also Any More Ideas Would Help Thank Guys.

Went to autozone and O Reilly's auto parts too make sure of the diagnose and it turned out to be a bad alternator crazy!!! That it can create such a hectic electric problem now after my tournament I'ma get right to work on it. Hopefully no further problems arises. Thanks for ya suggestion guy's y'all help out a lot. I'll put pictures of my e30 soon she well kept and cleaned not m3 model but dam near mint condition.
    Last edited by Marvinbanks; 02-25-2012 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost