Thread: INPA Problem with Engine Module (N62 for E65)

My Cars
    2003 BMW 745Li

INPA Problem with Engine Module (N62 for E65)

I have a 2003 E66 (11/2002).

I have INPA 90x version 5.00 installed, along with EDIABAS version 6.4.7, and NCS Expert version 3.1.0. I'm using one the blue USB K-line cables. I can communicate with the car, read various parameters via INPA, read and code the modules in NCS Expert, etc. I've also got EasyDIS v44 installed, and I can read and reset error codes, perform quick scans, etc.

BUT, I do have a problem. There are two symptoms:

FIRST Symptom:

In INPA I can't get into the Engine scripts. When I press F5 for E65/E66/E67 the window says Select E65 V1.19. If I go to Engine and try to select the engine script, ME 9 for N62, I get the following error:

Variantenkontrolle
    Fehler! Gruppendatei: D_MOTOR.GRP
    IFH-0006: COMMAND NOT ACCEPTED.

Sie besitzen entweder eine veraltete ..\EDIABAS\ECU\T_GRTB.PRG Datei, und / oder falsche Varianten-, Diagnose- bzw. ab F01: SGBD-Index

Translating via Google, this is:

Version control
    Error! Group file: D_MOTOR.GRP
    IFH-0006: COMMAND NOT ACCEPTED.

You either have an outdated .. \ EDIABAS \ ECU \ T_GRTB.PRG file, and / or incorrect versions, diagnostic or off F01: SGBD Index

In the INPA title bar it says INPA - Loader: Motorelektronik ME9.2 fuer 8-Zylinder N62 Version 3.13

To be clear, this happens whether I'm connected to the car or not. If I choose other engine configurations, they load fine, then barf later, of course, when trying to pull data from the car.

SECOND Symptom:

In EasyDIS if I try to go into the Coding portion, it tries to pull data from the car and tells me that it couldn't read the VIN, turn off the ignition and turn it back on and try again. But I can communicate with the car via EasyDIS, reset error codes, perform diagnostics, etc.

But I can't get into the EasyDIS coding module no matter what I do to the car.

Because I can code via NCS Expert and read all the other data via INPA except the engine module, I'm guessing there is something wrong with EDIABAS, since that's the common variable here.

Anybody out there got any clues that can help me out with this?
    Thanks!

My Cars
    2003 BMW 745Li
    Nobody??

My Cars
    bmw 730d
    I have the same problem - already tried to install several versions but no luck - this error ALWAYS comes when trying a F01 SGBD.

Isn't there anybody who had the same problem? AND soved it somehow?

Mille grazie

My Cars
    E38
    Dear Bemmers

I'm a newbe
    i also have the same problem.

I can scan all data with INPA 5.50 version like body, transmision, chasis, etc. but when i try to scan the engine & choose n62 as my engine type, i always fail with description as follows:

Requested control unit: 'ME9N62_2, N62_TUE, N62_TUE2' not found.
    Control unit found: 'ME9E65_6'

please help.
    I will be very grateful for the information

regards,
    Roland