Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The ULTIMATE US OEM Keyless/Alarm Thread

My Cars
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by aga080 View Post
    hey guys i cant figure anywhere to plug this part of the harness into in my 99 e36 m3 coupe

(the small white plug that im pointing to with the arrows)

what is this part of the harness supposed to plug into? couldnt find anything

also what is the purpose of that? Glass break sensor?
    Anyone have any ideas??

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    That white 4 prong plug isn't used on the e36.

My Cars
    BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by flyfishvt View Post
    That white 4 prong plug isn't used on the e36.
    Good to hear...thank you!

My Cars
    1998 Z3
    Quote Originally Posted by shuttlegoose View Post
    i have the two button system on a recently acquired e36 sedan. It seems very touchy and certainly doesn't lock or unlock all of the doors all of the time. Sounds dumb, but could this simply be a battery issue?
    I had a similar problem. I replaced the battery (CR2032) and I thought that fixed it but after a few weeks it got to the point that I would have to be very close to the car and press the button several times before it would lock/unlock. After inspecting the fob again, it turned out that the 3 solder joints for metal clip that holds the battery to the circuit board had broken loose and the battery contact was unreliable. I was able to re-solder the clip to the board and it works great now.

Hope this helps.

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    That white connector you're looking at isn't used on these cars. No idea what its for or what cars might use it.

Doesn't the name "glass break sensor" tell you what its for? it sets off the alarm if the unit senses the sound waves from someone "breaking the glass"

My Cars
    Home
    Does anybody know where i can find the alarm port on my bmw? I Own a 316i E36 1998p euro version

My Cars
    BMW
    are my corners supposed to flash when I lock and unlock the car? I know my lights flash when the alarm is triggered.

My Cars
    1995 325I
    yea your supposed to do a diy for the lights to flash when you lock/unlock.

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    You didnt read the thread

QUOTE from page 1:

It does not disable anything.
    It's not connected to the radio or OBC.
    It can't cause "no start" issues.
    It can't be used while the car is running.
    It doesn't care if the windows are open or the top is down. It will still arm the alarm and lock all the locks.
    It automatically "Double Locks" the car so anyone inside can NOT get out or start the car if they have a key. I know the inside door handles are definately disabled in "double lock" but I've never tested the "no start" function.
    The ONLY thing each system does is lock/unlock the doors, trunk and gas filler door and arm the alarm.
    On Verts it locks/unlocks the glovebox too.
    It doesn't close/open any windows or any other comfort features. There are aftermarket units that will do this.
    It doesn't flash any lights but you can modify it to do this. There are several DIY's on this.
    If the alarm is set off it can be turned off by inserting the key and turning the ignition to position 1 or2 or by starting the car. It can also be turn off with the fob but it takes a bit longer.
    On all units it will chirp Once for unlock, twice for unlock and three times if something is wrong that is preventing it from locking.
    On All units you can manually unlock the doors with the key just as if you didn't have the alarm installed. This will not set off the alarm unless a door or trunk is opened.
    Locking the car with the key doesn't arm the alarm.
    The LED will flash for 36 hours then turn off to save batter life. The alarm remains armed even if the LED stops flashing.
    The 2 button fob is programmed with a series of steps listed below.
    The 3 button fob uses a chip to hold its programming. This is listed below.
    The 2 button fob can be linked to more than one control module at the same time. If you have more than one car with one of the 2 button fob units installed you can [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]program[/COLOR][/COLOR] one fob to work with both units at the same time. The only problem is you'll lock and unlock both cars at the same time if they are sitting next to each other. "
    Last edited by flyfishvt; 02-07-2013 at 09:22 PM.

My Cars
    BMW
    thank you!

My Cars
    1997 Z3 4 Banger

3 Button FOB LED indicator & Movement Sensor

3 Button LED

3 Button Movement sensor

Hello, nice write up very detailed. Does anybody know where I can get the LED indicator? I purchased a "complete" Remote Keyless Entry Security System with the 3 button FOB, but the seller did not include the alarm indicator with the movement sensor. Does anybody know if the movement sensor is sound activated?
    Thanx's to all, especially the OP in advance.

My Cars
    99shu,77 911, 85 e24
    got everything plugged in (2button system for my Z) and went to program my fob (used from ebay) and car doesn't want to go into learning mode, don't have the siren so I can't hear the chirp and the led doesn't light up

confused
    Last edited by pennpen; 03-18-2013 at 08:47 PM.

My Cars
    1986 BMW 325e Euro
    I currently "retrofitted" the 3 button alarm system in my E30, works like a charm the only issue im missing is the blinking lights mod, with all my research, it seems the 2 button system can only do that due to the fact it has the wire for hazard lights?

UPDATE:

I wired the siren wire to my "parking lights" it works however if i switch em on, the siren goes off

can anyone point me in the right direction? thanks
    Last edited by Jrey; 05-05-2013 at 06:02 PM.

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    You would probably have better luck using your siren wire to trigger a relay. Keep it wired just like it is but use the siren wire on the coil of the relay so it closes every time the siren would normally sound. Depending on how you wired in the parking lights you should still have full normal functions because the relay will be open unless the siren triggers it. My guess is your problem right now is being caused by power back feeding into the system. You need to isolate it with that relay.

You could get very creative and use a double throw (or is it double pole?) relay. With the relay at rest one set of contacts are closed so you have power to the lights through your switch. but no power can back feed anywhere. When you use your fob the siren wire will close the relay and at the same time it will open the circuit for the switch. This way you would never have to worry about having both the switch and the siren trigger wire feeding power to the lights at the same time.

Hope you're handy with a wire diagram.

When you get it done you should post a DIY in the e30 forum. With pics and details of the whole process.
    Last edited by flyfishvt; 05-05-2013 at 06:17 PM.

My Cars
    1986 BMW 325e Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by flyfishvt View Post
    You would probably have better luck using your siren wire to trigger a relay. Keep it wired just like it is but use the siren wire on the coil of the relay so it closes every time the siren would normally sound. Depending on how you wired in the parking lights you should still have full normal functions because the relay will be open unless the siren triggers it. My guess is your problem right now is being caused by power back feeding into the system. You need to isolate it with that relay.

You could get very creative and use a double throw (or is it double pole?) relay. With the relay at rest one set of contacts are closed so you have power to the lights through your switch. but no power can back feed anywhere. When you use your fob the siren wire will close the relay and at the same time it will open the circuit for the switch. This way you would never have to worry about having both the switch and the siren trigger wire feeding power to the lights at the same time.

Hope you're handy with a wire diagram.

When you get it done you should post a DIY in the e30 forum. With pics and details of the whole process.
    Cool i looked up the DIY for the flashing lights mod and im assuming this is the same procedure?
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...-factory-alarm

My Cars
    6/96 318is
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrey View Post
    I wired the siren wire to my "parking lights" it works however if i switch em on, the siren goes off
    I would also recommend a relay. Thirty watts of parking lights could briefly draw tens time that as they are heating up. Have you seen how Ron Stygar did his? He tied into the a low current input of the hazard/blinker module with a small relay.

My Cars
    1986 BMW 325e Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by johnf View Post
    I would also recommend a relay. Thirty watts of parking lights could briefly draw tens time that as they are heating up. Have you seen how Ron Stygar did his? He tied into the a low current input of the hazard/blinker module with a small relay.
    So you dont recommend for me to use my parking lights?

I'll look into a relay however, what about those bosch 4 prong ones? i have a few laying around

My Cars
    1986 BMW 325e Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by johnf View Post
    So would you recommend just going through my hazards instead of my parking lights or am i fine and just need a relay?

My Cars
    6/96 318is
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrey View Post
    So would you recommend just going through my hazards instead of my parking lights or am i fine and just need a relay?
    Either way. Flashing the four way hazard lights is much more popular. BMW even has a low current input on the hazard/blinker module for that very purpose. It is connected to pin 8 of the black, 12 pin U.S. alarm connector – see Ron's DIY.

I might be a little hesitant to replace Ron's Radio Shack relay with a standard 30A automotive relay because of its greater inductive "kick".
    Last edited by johnf; 05-08-2013 at 10:41 AM.

My Cars
    1999 M3
    Does the oem alarm have a sensitivity? My 99 m3 has an alarm with 2 button FOB, chirps/locks appropriately when locking or unlocking via FOB but no matter what I have tried no alarm or siren will go off.

My Cars
    1986 BMW 325e Euro
    IDK if this has been answered or discussed but my question is

Which of the 2 OEM alarms have an advantage over the other(anything in general)?

I got the 3 button alarm and it looks like it has more features like adjusting sensitivity, turning chirps off etc etc.

My Cars
    E36 328i sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by 1998328Is View Post
    Does the oem alarm have a sensitivity? My 99 m3 has an alarm with 2 button FOB, chirps/locks appropriately when locking or unlocking via FOB but no matter what I have tried no alarm or siren will go off.
    I got the same problem

My Cars
    E36 M3 vert/E32 750/Alfa
    Surely it gives details somewhere in this thread or on Bf.c, but there are some little switches inside the alarm "black box" control module -- should be behind / under glovebox.

Designed with 'verts in mind, you can choose sensitivity, switch glass breakage sensor on / off, & maybe interior motion sensor too (not positive on that one).

Maybe some combo of settings here will help.

Keep us posted!

My Cars
    1986 BMW 325e Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by 1998328Is View Post
    AFIAK i dont think they come with shock sensors, just interior motion sensors if im not mistaken, you can get a DEI shock sensor and just tap it into your door switch, thats what i did, but one blow sets it off so keep in mind to set the sensitivity just right

My Cars
    '97 BMW 332ti
    If anyone is looking for the OBD 1 alarm system. I have a 99% completed one. Only thing missing is the siren.
    I have the harness, relay, LED light paired with the other speaker looking thing (not sure what's it's called), antenna, 3 button fob and motion sensor.
    Last edited by Marv17; 05-28-2013 at 11:04 PM.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast