Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The ULTIMATE US OEM Keyless/Alarm Thread

My Cars
    2015 328I xDrive M Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by flyfishvt View Post
    Correct. If you have a 95 or newer e36 the door striker will have a button/microswitch built into it that tells the cars electronics that the door is open or closed. You can fool the car into thinking the door is closed by pressing that button. If you have a coupe or vert then pressing/releasing that button will make the window on that particular door do the inch up/down thing it does even if the door is wide open. This is the same button that turns the interior lights on and off when you open/close the door. Of course for the interior lights to work you need the rocker switch in the overhead light panel to be in the correct position. If its in the OFF position the lights will never come on.
    So I just went outside.

I went door by door, open the door, press down the tab to see if the lights turn on and nothing. I also tried to arm the car and still the 3 chirps

what in the hell is going. Im ready to rip my hair out. RAGE right now. Especially becaus eit was JUST working

Is there a blown fuse? because the interior lights wont even come on when I manually turn them on....

With the 3 chirps going on, it means my alarm is fully functional correct? So the problem exists outside the alarm system?

Is there a short in the system somewhere? How could this thing be so screwed up with repositioning it? did it short out somewhere? Is there a ground wire somewhere I moved? im pissed!!!!!!!

Im walking around my place like an expecting father, pulling hair out
    Last edited by bmw2nv; 12-22-2012 at 11:09 AM.

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    You don't need my permission to check all your fuses.

When you use your key in the doors and the trunk do all the doors and the trunk and the gas door lock/unlock?

My Cars
    2015 328I xDrive M Sport
    The passenger side door will not open via central locking - the actuator is busted

When I put the key in the trunk, it will lock / unlock but will not central lock / unlock the rest of the car

Its just so weird how the dome lights and now the alarm will not work suddenly...

Open to more suggestions here. I will try anything. I need this fixed. ahhhhhh

Issue fixed - I just started jamming the micro switch over and over and over - to like pump etc and fiddle. that somehow worked

Whats the trick to extend the life on the micro switch - some JB weld you said? just a dab on it?? to make it longer / fatter?
    Last edited by bmw2nv; 12-22-2012 at 12:21 PM.

My Cars
    97 328is
    I guess I am not an expert, but I do have a 2 button alarm system that has been working about 5 years. I can make a noise near the microphone and my alarm goes off. I am not going to take the glove box off just now to see what it is plugged into, but it works and is a factory BMW alarm.

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    If that microphone is part of the LED panel insert then you have an after market fob. The OEM 2 button fob control module does not have a place to plug that little speaker into. So if that speaker is plugged into the control module you have a 3 button fob unit with an after market fob. The 2 button fob does not work with the 3 button unit.

Do the pics of your fob match up to the ones I posted in the original post?

My Cars
    97 328is
    You have posted some good information for the keyless/alarm system.

I am not stupid enough to confuse the fobs. I have purchased two of the 2 button BMW fobs in the past and programmed them to work with the control module per the instructions you show for 2 button fobs. And they worked. They are FCC ID: A269ZUA111. I seem to remember in 2006 when I installed mine, that there were at least 2 part numbers for control modules for 2 button fobs. I think mine was the less common one. My siren part number is 82111469926. Is that one that you are familiar with? Whenever I next change my cabin filter, I will read the part number on the control module. But I do remember that there is no microphone on the control module and I did plug the microphone on the led panel into something.

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    Quote Originally Posted by pment View Post
    You have posted some good information for the keyless/alarm system.

I am not stupid enough to confuse the fobs. I have purchased two of the 2 button BMW fobs in the past and programmed them to work with the control module per the instructions you show for 2 button fobs. And they worked. They are FCC ID: A269ZUA111. I seem to remember in 2006 when I installed mine, that there were at least 2 part numbers for control modules for 2 button fobs. I think mine was the less common one. My siren part number is 82111469926. Is that one that you are familiar with? Whenever I next change my cabin filter, I will read the part number on the control module. But I do remember that there is no microphone on the control module and I did plug the microphone on the led panel into something.
    If that is true then you have some valuable info to share. If you happen to think of it when you do your filter it would be great to get a pic of both sides of that control module and a pic of the fob you have. I will gladly edit my original post to add a "rare" item.

My Cars
    6/96 318is
    If Google hits on the remote control's FCC ID A269ZUA111 are indicative, pment's alarm is more common in Subaru's. Or perhaps that their owners have twice as much interest in the remotes.
    Last edited by johnf; 12-23-2012 at 08:49 AM.

My Cars
    2012 BMW X5 5.0i
    Do the 1997 328i come with remote keyless entry?

My car has an alarm, but the PO never gave me a keyless entry remote so I'm curious.
    Cars owned:
    - 2012 BMW X5 5.0i (current)

Cars previously owned:
    - 2019 Mercedes C63S AMG
    - 2015 BMW M4 Cabriolet
    - 2008 BMW 335i Cabriolet, special edition
    - 2012 Toyota Tundra SR5
    - 1997 BMW 328i M-sport

My Cars
    97 328is
    Here is my fob. My other one looks the same.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Cars
    97 328is
    I found an email I sent the guy that I bought the alarm from. I sent him instructions for installing the alarm in a Z3 to help him in removing his. So I am guessing my alarm system is from a Z3. So do those have the glass break sensor on the led panel. I am betting that they do.

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3 Coupe
    Can someone tell me the color of the hood switch wire under the dash? My car had a cheap aftermarket and many connectors were cut.

My Cars
    Last edited by stuffedgus; 06-18-2023 at 10:38 PM.

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    There is no way to use just the lock/unlock feature on a 2 button fob unit without arming the alarm. The only way to do that is to change to a 3 button fob unit.

If the alarm is going off at odd times I would start with the hood switch. Its a common source of false alarms. Disconnect the switch in the engine bay and see if that fixes your problem. If it does then leave it disconnected. I never believed its all that important to have it functioning anyway.

If that doesn't fix your problem you can try taking the battery out of the fob and use the key in the locks for a while and see if that fixes it. If it does then its time for a new fob.

If that doesn't fix it then investigate if your door lock strikers are the issue. A worn micro switch on the door striker will ocasionally make your car think the door just opened. If the alarm is armed this will set off the alarm. Look on the striker for the microswitch button and see if its worn. If it is then put a dab of epoxy or JB Weld to build it up a bit.

If that doesnt fix it then you'll probably want to remove it or replace it with a 3 button fob unit. I have a 3 button fob unit with a fob that I can sell you. I might even consider your 2 button unit and any fobs you have as a partial trade.

To remove the unit you have to remove the glovebox. At that point you can either pull the fuse out of the harness or remove the entire unit.

My Cars
    06 Cayenne
    which aftermarket units are plug and play? id like one with creature comforts, like auto up windows at least

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3
    stellar used to be the go to brand. not sure what's exciting 10 years later.
    97 BMW M3 (s52b32) - VF-Supercharger kit ( Vortech V2-SQ supercharger, 32 pound injectors, VF tuning ), VDO/LeatherZ Gauge Kit (Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, and Boost), UUC Motorwerks RSC36 Exhaust, Stainless Steel 6-2 Exhaust Headers, Bilstein Sports, Rear Adjustable Camber bushings, Wheel Spacers 10mm in front 25mm in back, Uprated Clutch, UUC Shift Knob, Short Shifter and Clutch Stop, Cross Brace, Mason Engineering front strut bar, Contour Wheels, Euro Ellipsoid (Angel Eyes) HID Headlights, braided steel brake lines, aluminum thermostat housing, mishimoto aluminum radiator and silicone hoses and a partridge in a pear tree

My Cars
    Last edited by stuffedgus; 06-18-2023 at 10:38 PM.

My Cars
    7/94 M3, 92 325-4
    FlyfishVT -- This is a great thread and very timely for me. I'm installing a factory alarm in a 7/94 M3. I am unable to locate where they 'tucked' the siren connector, though the car is pre-wired for it. I've checked everywhere in the front corner where the siren should mount but it's not there. Suggestions on other places? Is the wiring a part of the main harness that starts on the driver's-side firewall and continues front and across with the headlight wires? Or does it enter the compartment on the passenger side? Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
    'But Dad.... it's PURPLE!'

My Cars
    1995 325i Convertible Boston Green

Siren connector (E36)

Just did this on my 95 vert. Not sure about an M3, but the siren connector was attached to a 'second' horn, above the right (passenger) fog, in a cage. I unbolted the cage, disconnected the horn (which didn't work on the 'horn' dip switch anyway), tossed it, connected it to the siren, and then mounted it per the instructions. Changed the dip switch (3 button on mine) to 'siren' and everything worked great.

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    Quote Originally Posted by voshagen View Post
    Just did this on my 95 vert. Not sure about an M3, but the siren connector was attached to a 'second' horn, above the right (passenger) fog, in a cage. I unbolted the cage, disconnected the horn (which didn't work on the 'horn' dip switch anyway), tossed it, connected it to the siren, and then mounted it per the instructions. Changed the dip switch (3 button on mine) to 'siren' and everything worked great.
    This^^***

Look through the original thread again. There should be a pic of what he's describing. If not its easy to find. It's directly below the passenger headlight.

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3 Coupe
    So is it safe to say that cars up to '96 have the horn/siren in a cage down behind the bumper, and later cars have the siren mounted off of the radiator support?

Quote Originally Posted by flyfishvt View Post
    This^^***

Look through the original thread again. There should be a pic of what he's describing. If not its easy to find. It's directly below the passenger headlight.

My Cars
    7/94 M3, 92 325-4
    Thanks for the direction. Will take some time before I can dig in.... it's a bit cold though not as bad as VT.

My Cars
    BMW
    Subbed for info thanks for the write up

My Cars
    7/94 M3, 92 325-4
    So found the cage with wires going in to the horn.... Thank you to all!!!! If the horn is hooked up is there any need for the siren, except it's louder when the alarm is tripped?

My Cars
    BMW
    hey guys i cant figure anywhere to plug this part of the harness into in my 99 e36 m3 coupe

(the small white plug that im pointing to with the arrows)

what is this part of the harness supposed to plug into? couldnt find anything

also what is the purpose of that? Glass break sensor?

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast