Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The ULTIMATE US OEM Keyless/Alarm Thread

My Cars
    '95 Avus M3
    Quote Originally Posted by flyfishvt View Post
    First thing is a simple test of the fob. Push a button. Does the little light on the fob turn on? If not then it could be a bad fob. Next is pull the glovebox and check the fuse in the alarm module harness. Is everything plugged in correctly? Is your control module the correct one for your fob? Pull the chip out of the fob and use the programming instructions. Check your fusebox for blown fuses. See if someone has a three button fob you can borrow to see if it's the fob or control module.

If all else fails. Replace it
    Will do. Thanks! The light on the fob does not work.

My Cars
    E36
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxify View Post
    Will do. Thanks! The light on the fob does not work.

My chip fell out of the fob today - and the light wouldn't work. Make sure the chip is tight/secure.
    BMW CCA Illini Chapter Vice President
    1995 M3
    - My Favorite DIY's and FAQ's

My Cars
    '95 Avus M3
    First thing is a simple test of the fob. Push a button. Does the little light on the fob turn on? If not then it could be a bad fob. Next is pull the glovebox and check the fuse in the alarm module harness. Is everything plugged in correctly? Is your control module the correct one for your fob? Pull the chip out of the fob and use the programming instructions. Check your fusebox for blown fuses. See if someone has a three button fob you can borrow to see if it's the fob or control module.

If all else fails. Replace it
    Update. Everything is in working order. The chip was in backwards. Hahaha.

My Cars
    vinyl wrapped 97 328is
    nice work my friend. if you find the links to the DIY that allows you to have the lights flash when locking, unlocking, you should post them.

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    Quote Originally Posted by whoshaunq
    nice work my friend. if you find the links to the DIY that allows you to have the lights flash when locking, unlocking, you should post them.
    I didn't link to them because they are at the top of the forum with all the other DIY threads

My Cars
    vinyl wrapped 97 328is
    oh rly? thanks. I'll look there. just thought it would make this write up better.

My Cars
    '00 528ia Sport, '07 MCS
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=904492

Thats for the OEM alarm.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1630687

That is similar though he is using an aftermarket alarm. Its a little less direct, but is a simpler install.

My Cars
    '95 Avus M3
    Anyone know why when I press the unlock button the passenger side door, gas cover, and trunk unlock but not the driver's side door?

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    Your door lock actuator is toast.

My Cars
    '95 Avus M3
    Your door lock actuator is toast.
    F*c*...another thing on the to fix list...

My Cars
    E36
    Fly,

Had a fun thought...see what you think.

If someone (like me) had more than one E36, I could install the obd1 style module, and program them all to respond to the same fob, right?

Just thinking....
    1995 M3

My Cars
    Daily Del Slow
    Never know until you find out. try it, and report back
    Protip:
    Used cars are always lemons.
    Especially if I've used them.

My Cars
    325ci Cabrio
    My 98' M3 came with a Clifford Alarm system with Keyless Entry. For some reason I don't really trust it fully. I prefer to keep my cars mostly original anyway. So, I bought a complete OEM set up (module, harness, siren, LED, Remote, etc). I went to install it today and it looks like whoever installed the Clifford cut the OEM harness off and spliced all the wires to the Clifford system. There are a TON of wires relays, external fuses, etc for the Clifford system. I am not all that tech / electrical savvy. So, I don't want to just start ripping things out, disconnecting things and splicing. I'm thinking about taking it to a shop to see if they can remove the Clifford and somehow install the OEM set-up. What a bummer.
    -Dusty

05' BMW 325ci, Sapphire Black
    14' Porsche 981, Guards Red
    17' Tesla Model-X, Deep Blue
    81' DeLorean, Stainless Steel

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    Quote Originally Posted by Moron95M3 View Post
    Fly,

Had a fun thought...see what you think.

If someone (like me) had more than one E36, I could install the obd1 style module, and program them all to respond to the same fob, right?

Just thinking....

Sorry but that wont work...the chip in the fob is programed by inserting it into the alarm control module and mating it to that particular one. To do what you want you would have to have 2 chips and program each one with its respective control module then keep swapping the chip out of the fob each time you wanted to use it for another car.

Quote Originally Posted by E36ic4Me View Post
    My 98' M3 came with a Clifford Alarm system with Keyless Entry. For some reason I don't really trust it fully. I prefer to keep my cars mostly original anyway. So, I bought a complete OEM set up (module, harness, siren, LED, Remote, etc). I went to install it today and it looks like whoever installed the Clifford cut the OEM harness off and spliced all the wires to the Clifford system. There are a TON of wires relays, external fuses, etc for the Clifford system. I am not all that tech / electrical savvy. So, I don't want to just start ripping things out, disconnecting things and splicing. I'm thinking about taking it to a shop to see if they can remove the Clifford and somehow install the OEM set-up. What a bummer.
    Depending on how much hacking they did to install the Clifford you might beable to just replace the harness connector and splice any other wires they cut. I believe ALL e36's sold in the US came prewired for OEM keyless/alarm so all you have to do is find a junk yard with an e36. Most of the e36's Ive seen in junk yards have the dash all torn out so its pretty easy to access stuff.
    Last edited by flyfishvt; 06-19-2012 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    1998 BMW 323i 'vert

I have everything apart and all was going great until I came across this plug on the factory harness and nothing to plug it with.

Unit is Part NO: 82 11 1 496 455
    It is the 4 prong plug (only two connectors) with a blue and a black/yellow wire.
    I can't find the car end of the plug. Any hints where to look closer?

Thank you.

My Cars
    '00 528ia Sport, '07 MCS
    Quote Originally Posted by fenlon View Post
    Unit is Part NO: 82 11 1 496 455
    It is the 4 prong plug (only two connectors) with a blue and a black/yellow wire.
    I can't find the car end of the plug. Any hints where to look closer?

Thank you.
    Long story short it does not hook up to anything in the US cars.

Sorry but that wont work...the chip in the fob is programed by inserting it into the alarm control module and mating it to that particular one. To do what you want you would have to have 2 chips and program each one with its respective control module then keep swapping the chip out of the fob each time you wanted to use it for another car.
    not if you used the 2 button system, then there are no chips. But then you have to get the cars to try and sync at the same time and hope they try to set to the same fob code.

I just saved a ton of money by piecing together a kit. however, I found out the hard way that the 3 button siren does not work with the 2 button alarm. I have attached photos of the two side by side so you can see the difference when buying one. I also did the light flasher relay mod. it was only 8 bucks and well worth it. enjoy the photos and the short video.

My Cars
    E36
    you mean the connectors aren't the same? Any 2 wired noise maker should work for them, I think?

I'm using a horn on my M (3 button) as I didn't get a siren when I was piecing things together.
    1995 M3

My Cars
    1996 bmw 328i 1998 323is
    Anyone know how to hook up the comfort closure in detail ? After Market Alarm With Aux port, Just dont know what to connect the aux wire too.
    Last edited by Euro96E36; 07-24-2012 at 01:50 PM.

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    If it's after market call the manufacturer.

My Cars
    '00 528ia Sport, '07 MCS
    Quote Originally Posted by Moron95M3 View Post
    you mean the connectors aren't the same? Any 2 wired noise maker should work for them, I think?

I'm using a horn on my M (3 button) as I didn't get a siren when I was piecing things together.
    I plugged in the garunteed working 3 button siren into my 2 button alarm and it did not work. I then bought the 2 button siren and plugged in, worked perfect. there are some electronics in the horn that probably give the different results.

Moron: also if you want an OEM 3 button let me know! 35 shipped is what I paid for it.
    Last edited by Bianca98; 07-24-2012 at 04:50 PM.

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    The car horn type used on the three button will not work on a 2 button system but Ive tested both sirens that are pictured above on my 2 button system and they do work. I cant figure why yours didn't. I know some of them had a backup battery and if the battery is dead they wont work. None of the ones Ive used/tested had batteries. You'll never get a fob to mate up to 2 different cars. The control module sends out a signal to the fob not the other way around. If it was the fob sending the signal then you could possibly mate it up to dozens of cars at the same time. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way.

My Cars
    '96 328; '85 4Runner
    The smaller diameter 82 111 469 447 is the two button siren? I can confirm that siren will work with the 3 button, as long as you set the DIP switch inside correctly.

Curious why you did not use the bracket from the larger 3 button siren to mount the other one under the front radiator support above the a/c dryer? Never a big fan of having loose items in the engine compartment. I fabbed up a mount to put it on the radiator support. I wish I had that bracket!
    Last edited by paniolo; 07-24-2012 at 11:22 PM.
    David M.
    '96 328 Sedan

My Cars
    '00 528ia Sport, '07 MCS
    I know some of them had a backup battery and if the battery is dead they wont work. None of the ones Ive used/tested had batteries.
    we had talked breifly about the 3 button siren I had, having a battery but I took it appart and it all looked clean and good. No battery inside.

My Cars
    99 M3
    lots of great info in here. Thanks a lot. I pulled one out of a car in a pull yard. Gotta go back and get the horn. Ordering a 2-button key fob off of ebay. I had spent several hours trying to find this info. thanks fly

My Cars
    97 E39 540/6
    Are the E39 systems very much different? I just bought a 540 and the key fob locks and unlocks the door the lights flash but there is no audible tone. When the alarm is set off the lights just flash. The horn works though when I press it. Does the alarm have its own horn? If so where is it located at? The front left like the 3 series?

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast