Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Will an M70 do 7000rpm?

My Cars
    BMW 850
    It can. You just need to do some modification

My Cars
    850 CSI
    rpm is limited in the eprom table, you can change these values. If it is mechanically capable : I don't know.
    Last edited by clubE31; 05-11-2017 at 03:58 AM.
    BMW 850 CSI march 1994 (EU spec), SOLD. https://www.classiccars-forsale.com/...94-bmw-850csi/
    BMW 850 CSI november 1994 (EU spec)

My Cars
    1992 BMW 850ia
    How many hp's is radiating away here?

m70v126000rpm-1.jpg

My Cars
    are slow
    Quote Originally Posted by clubE31 View Post
    rpm is limited in the eprom table, you can change these values. If it is mechanically capable : I don't know.
    So I guess wokke or the likes could easily make a tune.

It's all for the noise by the way, I have my M62 car running to 6400 even if I'm making zero power up there.
    Last edited by XAlt; 05-11-2017 at 10:02 AM.

My Cars
    1992 E31 850i
    Did this project ever get finished, or is the OP still around? I never saw this until now. Here's a link to a very similar project of my own, which I think I have posted elsewhere in the past.
    http://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-fact...ds-pg-4-a.html

My experience validates all the old comments above -- M70 power falls off above 5000 rpm, and 500-600hp is easily accomplished with forced induction, all dyno verified on mine. We used Electromotive Tec3r engine management to avoid piddling around with the three OEM computers, original distributors, and so on. (It's a great system and I'd put it on my E31 as well, if I was smart enough to integrate it with the factory gauges!)

Cheers, John

My Cars
    Supercharged 850ci
    Quote Originally Posted by dukegrad98 View Post
    Did this project ever get finished, or is the OP still around? I never saw this until now. Here's a link to a very similar project of my own, which I think I have posted elsewhere in the past.
    http://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-fact...ds-pg-4-a.html

My experience validates all the old comments above -- M70 power falls off above 5000 rpm, and 500-600hp is easily accomplished with forced induction, all dyno verified on mine. We used Electromotive Tec3r engine management to avoid piddling around with the three OEM computers, original distributors, and so on. (It's a great system and I'd put it on my E31 as well, if I was smart enough to integrate it with the factory gauges!)

Cheers, John
    Integrating Tech3R with oem clusters and electronics is where the challenge is... is this even possible?

My Cars
    M-Z3,535i, 320,Vette
    I'm running a Megasquirt MS3Pro- I know it has a speedometer and tach outputs for the dash. I'll also do sequential up to 12 cylinders (Tec3r is limited to 8) and I'm running 12 GM LS coils w/o any additional hardware (will run 10 cylinders- I'm running wasted spark) plus has the ability to handle ITBs.
    You might want to give the guys at DIYautotune a call. Oh- it's almost half the price as the Tec3r...

Richard

My Cars
    BMW 850
    can you connect the Cruise controle?

My Cars
    97 850CI
    I would just get taller rear tires.
    Desecrator of all things Sacred

My Cars
    69 Ferrari Replica w/M73
    I'm with Richard on the MS3Pro. I'm using one to control an M73 in a Ferrari replica I've built,and it works great. Running full sequential injection on a V12, and using it to control the factory Ferrari Tach and Speedo without issue. I'm sure it could be used to control a cruise control as well, if desired. It has plenty of available I/O. Years ago, I used an Electromotive Tec2 to control a Jaguar V12, but it could only do batch fire, and had to use the original distributor. FYI, the M73 pulls strong all the way to the 6000RPM redline I've set for now. I might try bumping it to 6500 soon.... just to see what it'll do

My Cars
    ALPINA B10 BITURBO
    Well i think i will throw the grenade

Using Old tech M7x to make high hp as N/A is with out doubt ,, a simple stupid idea,, and thinking it will not cost that much,,, NO OFFENCE,, but as i own 2 v12,, both running ,, both in a non oem V12 BMW,, 1 is oem,, other is totally rebuilt and running 6g manual G560 built to oem spec but running MS2... freeflow SS exhaust custom from headers,, and as have been mentioned,,, there is a significant power drop on the last 1000 rpm,,,, on the M70,, do not have experience with M73,,,, Yes you can have aggressive cams,, yes you can do M70B54 10;1 cr conversion,,, but all this is expensive,, in term of searching hp,,
    2v head design,, and not the best IMO, the difference running standalone and oem,, is imo just like a RACE engine,, but it also explain the other is auto ((oem))
    so it revs a lot quicker,,

BUT,,,,,,,,,, if you go F/I then you have an engine,,, that have 8,8:1 in compression,,, utterly strong,, and 600+whp is more than a bullitproof construction on inside internals,, and the headgaskets,,,, 1-1.2 bar M70 is just magnificent when she gets some air pushed through,, and with 5 liters you get a lot of air through
    Sveinbjörn Hrafnsson

E30 CABRIO V12 M70B50 ///
    ALPINA B10 BITURBO 346 @ 507
    ULTIMA Evolution
    Contacts
    http://alpina.123.is/pictures/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123