Thread: DIY: Door Panel Repair

My Cars
    95 M3, 94 325is, 82 320i

DIY: Door Panel Repair

Hello this video discusses a way to fix your door panels with out needing to buy new ones and gives your car an industrial look.
    Parts list: Used for most of the outer clip brackets {Hex 10-32x1/2 Bolts(32)}, Used for the middle of the panels and a few clip brackets {Hex 10-32x3/4 Bolts(18)} , 50 10mm nuts.

http://youtu.be/Rp81htx0l5Y
    ^
    Link to the video. |

My Cars
    01M5, 99M3 Supercharged
    Did you.....drill holes through your door panel? Why?

My Cars
    99' 328is
    Didnt watch video, but if it's screwing nails into your door panel I did that too. It works real well and I got a paint match at home depot and it looks fine.

My Cars
    98 328IS 03 325xi
    I didn't watch much of the video, but I've had good luck with Gorilla Glue and some creative clamping to hold parts on the backside of my door panels.

Gave away my BMWs, driving a VW and an Audi now.

My Cars
    2016 Mazda 3 Wagon
    If your car is a beater then I guess the screws are a good solution that will hold up strong, but if you care about the car no way in hell would I drill holes into it. Glue! Those panels are expensive.

My Cars
    95 M3, 94 325is, 82 320i
    Quote Originally Posted by illmatik View Post
    Did you.....drill holes through your door panel? Why?
    Well those little brackets broke off that hold the clips and I didn't want to glue them back on so they would just do the same thing again in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by cabdolla View Post
    If your car is a beater then I guess the screws are a good solution that will hold up strong, but if you care about the car no way in hell would I drill holes into it. Glue! Those panels are expensive.
    Meh I like that industrial look it does look really nice in both the cars I did it too but they are black on black. Plus this idea is stronger then the glue but don't get me wrong It works but for how long. Think of it this way every time you need to pull off the door card you can at least be some what worry free that you aren't snaping that fiberboard every time. I can take my door panels off all day if I wanted. If one of those clips brakes then go find one at the junk yard and pocket it, go home drill the same hole and good to go again. My 325is I got I did that too and well I guess the idea kind of stuck with me. I'll take some pictures of my E36s on the 4dr and 2dr with this. The video is crudy and doesn't give a good view.
    Last edited by E36ShadowE36; 04-09-2012 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost