Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3

My Cars
    '98 320iA
    Especially Dragon age 2 showed whats going on. I hate new EA..

My Cars
    E36:325is 318i E21:320i
    Mass 3 demo was real enjoyable, I like the ability to choose the style of game, I think it'll make the second and 3rd play through more enjoyable.

My Cars
    4dr Wrangler, s60R
    If only games actually looked like this!

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop...qAwQ5phI&gl=US

My Cars
    6sp '05 M3 Convertible
    Quote Originally Posted by Speede7 View Post
    Demo seems a little dumbed down... I hate what EA does to some games... ME1 will still be my favorite, I think...
    ME1's world was very well built, but almost every mechanic relating to progression and combat was horrible. Classes were a mishmash of overlapping abilities with no clear distinction.

ME2 clearly defined the classes, requiring a different playstyle for each, added complexity to combat. The overall game world was less sandboxy and somewhat more directed, but still huge. I don't see how you can argue that ME2 is less fun than ME1.

Red '05 M3 Convertible - 6sp.

My Cars
    My two legs
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs7kix6_8Ks[/ame]

My Cars
    '98 320iA
    Did anyone stored their ME2 save? I can't find mine and if i remember true, you can import your savegame to ME3.

My Cars
    E30
    Quote Originally Posted by VandyS4 View Post
    ME1's world was very well built, but almost every mechanic relating to progression and combat was horrible. Classes were a mishmash of overlapping abilities with no clear distinction.

ME2 clearly defined the classes, requiring a different playstyle for each, added complexity to combat. The overall game world was less sandboxy and somewhat more directed, but still huge. I don't see how you can argue that ME2 is less fun than ME1.
    When I was playing ME1, I felt like I was truly lost in the universe. The atmosphere has not been matched since. It's music, the worlds, the sheer size of the area you could explore... Now, the combat was not that great, but sometimes I enjoy a challenge. I like the inventory system, because I get great satisfaction from inventory maintenance and knowing everything I have is ordered correctly and as well as it could be.(I am an OCD gamer) I also like overly complicated games, because I feel you need to really master the game and it's (sometimes inferior) interface to truly understand the game.

There's no doubt in my mind that ME2 was more exciting, but that's not what I directly look for when I play ME. I don't want to be bored, which I never was, but I don't need perfect combat and pinpoint precise weapons to enjoy it. That's what I have Gears of War, Call of Duty, Battlefield for. I think ME2 lost some of it's uniqueness and some of it's mojo. Mass Effect 1 had a very unique feel. ME2 had it's own feeling, but was sort of "EAish". I feel 3 is on the same track because of the demo, it's by no means unenjoyable- it's fun and exciting. It's just not the Mass Effect I know. It's just getting more and more generic. Sooner or later it will be just a full on shooting game with endless uncontrollable cutscenes, like the rest of the RPG market.. I expect the best storytelling from BioWare, and we will see if they keep on track. But if DA2 is anything to go by, we(the gamers that agree with me) may all be screwed.

My Cars
    My two legs
    Speede, thats on you. ME1 was unique. It combined what we loved about RPGs with what we loved about shooters.

ME2 didn't have that same unique feeling or play. It was improved though. I maintain that its a better game, especially with the DLC.

I haven't really wanted to brush off ME1 and play, but I seem to constantly be coming back to ME2

My Cars
    E30

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Slateman View Post
    Speede, thats on you. ME1 was unique. It combined what we loved about RPGs with what we loved about shooters.

ME2 didn't have that same unique feeling or play. It was improved though. I maintain that its a better game, especially with the DLC.

I haven't really wanted to brush off ME1 and play, but I seem to constantly be coming back to ME2
    Yeah, definitely.. I'm not one of those guys that turn opinion to fact

I just don't want to see such a great and unique series lose it's way, that's all

My Cars
    e30iS / 09 TDi
    Quote Originally Posted by Speede7 View Post
    Yeah, definitely.. I'm not one of those guys that turn opinion to fact

I just don't want to see such a great and unique series lose it's way, that's all
    I'm with you Speede, I'm an OCD gamer too...Dragon Age's tactic system cost me many hours

In ME1, I had so much fun customizing my equipment load-out based on the confrontation....IN ME2 it was basically charge that way behind that chest high wall or die! Its basically become 'insert shooter name here' with a story.

I'm about done with ME1 again, want to go through 1 and 2 before 3...but if your on PC, check out http://www.masseffectsaves.com/
    1991 318iS Volvo fan, aux input, and KYG struts/H&R OE Sport springs...Reliable, fun DD.

My Cars
    E30
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisV006 View Post
    I'm with you Speede, I'm an OCD gamer too...Dragon Age's tactic system cost me many hours

In ME1, I had so much fun customizing my equipment load-out based on the confrontation....IN ME2 it was basically charge that way behind that chest high wall or die! Its basically become 'insert shooter name here' with a story.

I'm about done with ME1 again, want to go through 1 and 2 before 3...but if your on PC, check out http://www.masseffectsaves.com/
    Yep, you get it too! I'm glad I'm not alone here LOL

I am not the master race, I don't have a PC to game on, I'm only on Xbox or PS3

My Cars
    '07 E92 335i
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri0vrJ-y2zM[/ame]

Exactly why I won't be buying this new.

flickr
    BMW CCA #444326
    come see bought me

My Cars
    S/C Tacoma 4x4, + 330Ci
    played ME2 and loved it, been meaning to play ME1 before the launch of ME3 but never got around to it... don't typically enjoy video games unless im playing it with real people like in an MMO RPG or MMO RTS but the ME series just seems so great i feel like i should power through ME1 in the next week or so before the ME3 release.
    Glare shielding www.justoffroad.org

My Cars
    My two legs
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs7kix6_8Ks"]http://youtu.be/JsdVkRli0ic[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs7kix6_8Ks"]http://youtu.be/bhQtb4RHaMI[/ame]

My Cars
    Fast s30 Z / Slow e92 M3
    just pre-loaded and installed...cant wait till the 6th

My Cars
    E36:325is 318i E21:320i
    any opinions yet?

My Cars
    yes
    So far so good, only complaint I have is everyone runs like they shat themselves.

My Cars
    '08 135is and '02 540
    Doesn't come out until tomorrow down here

My Cars
    E24
    For those playing, don't worry... you get the real Mass Effect about an hour into the game.

So many damn cutscenes up front...

My Cars
    94 540,72 3.0CS,'13 WRX
    Any ETA when it will be released on Steam? I hope they will eventually do so, since I can still get ME1, 2, BF3, etc on Steam.

My Cars
    Fast s30 Z / Slow e92 M3
    I dont think it will ever be coming to Steam, its Origin property now.

my opinions: pretty awesome so far

My Cars
    Fast s30 Z / Slow e92 M3
    I dont think it will ever be coming to Steam, its Origin property now.

my opinions: pretty awesome so far

My Cars
    Fast s30 Z / Slow e92 M3
    damn what is up with bf servers, i hit reply and it just sits there, i get a 504 bad gateway and i hit refresh and bam! triple post. smh

My Cars
    6sp '05 M3 Convertible
    I was very surprised at a character you meet shortly after Palaven. Like, super suprised. But it makes my eyes happy.

I'll be avoiding this thread for the most part until I finish the game. I cannot risk spoilers.
    Last edited by VandyS4; 03-07-2012 at 02:04 PM.

Red '05 M3 Convertible - 6sp.

My Cars
    My two legs
    Yea, I was surprised too.

I like this game so far. It's not perfect. PC version graphics aren't as good as they could be. But the plot, the characters and gameplay are all excellent

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast