Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3

My Cars
    4dr Wrangler, s60R

Mass Effect 3

Anyone been following this release? I have the collectors edition pre-ordered and will pick it up in less than a month! Bioware has been putting out new info nearly weekly for the past couple months and starting next tuesday the demo goes live which includes the new multiplayer aspects of the game.

Can not wait for this game! also if youre importing from 2 what will be your first character?

My Cars
    94 540,72 3.0CS,'13 WRX
    I haven't heard too much about it, but I certainly appreciate the games for their character-driven stories.

Heck, I'll be continuing my ME1->ME2 character to get the full effect change. Perhaps Bioware will include some minor event coming back from ME1 to bite my character.

My Cars
    E24
    I'd like to get it... but they specifically say to save your ME3 save. But I have ME2 on the 360, and ME4 will probably NOT be on the 360...

Plus the other problem, of course, is that it is going to be Origin exclusive on the PC (UGH!)..

My Cars
    1991 e34 M5
    I'm stoked for it. I've got an ME2 save on PS3, it has choices I made from ME1 on my computer on it already due to the comic book thing they added.

Should be awesome.

My Cars
    94 540,72 3.0CS,'13 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jsedlak View Post
    I'd like to get it... but they specifically say to save your ME3 save. But I have ME2 on the 360, and ME4 will probably NOT be on the 360...

Plus the other problem, of course, is that it is going to be Origin exclusive on the PC (UGH!)..
    Wait, what? Surely you jest.

My Cars
    E24
    yup. it's happening.
    http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1216562p1.html

(unless something has changed)

My Cars
    '08 135is and '02 540
    I've been waiting for this game for a long time. ME2 was the best game ever, IMO. I'm sure ME3 won't disappoint.

I'm pretty sure ME3 is going to be the last. I remember reading somewhere that they don't plan to make a fourth.

My Cars
    94 540,72 3.0CS,'13 WRX
    yup. it's happening.
    http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1216562p1.html

(unless something has changed)
    ...and once again, EA proves it is just as evil as they used to be back when they killed Origin.

My Cars
    4dr Wrangler, s60R
    Quote Originally Posted by Dat Aus View Post
    I've been waiting for this game for a long time. ME2 was the best game ever, IMO. I'm sure ME3 won't disappoint.

I'm pretty sure ME3 is going to be the last. I remember reading somewhere that they don't plan to make a fourth.
    They are not sure yet... this is the last shepard story but they may use the same universe for other stories, but they also pointed out that they will have dlc for me3 and so to keep your data for that

My Cars
    6sp '05 M3 Convertible
    Quote Originally Posted by xatlas0 View Post
    Wait, what? Surely you jest.
    How can this possibly be a surprise to anyone? Putting aside from the fact that it's the obvious business choice for EA, they announced it awhile ago.

Red '05 M3 Convertible - 6sp.

My Cars
    3 Hondas, 3 Chevys.
    Absolutely stoked, I never got into a game as much as I did with the Mass Effect series. I had to seriously stop and think about it all after the ending credits were rolling. I'm done buying collector's edition games now though, I just have a bunch of fancy boxes in my room I eventually forget about. Hopefully I'm not missing anything amazing =\

EJ8-Squad Ride of the Month April 2009/2010/2012. EJ8-Squad Ride of the Year 2010. Super Street Magazine Grassroots Feature April 2011.
    "When you know you're losing an argument online, correct their grammer."

My Cars
    4dr Wrangler, s60R
    New trailer showcasing female shepherd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=3pShKKOV_gA

My Cars
    e30iS / 09 TDi
    I preordered it...newegg has had it down to $42 shipped already once lol.

Honestly, I think its going to be awful. I hope I'm wrong but the first game was awesome then they removed all RPG elements and made the 2nd one essentially a scripted shooter with a much much weaker plot...You spend 95% of the game assembling a team with one mission at the end...I mean, the first game had this epic feeling with a story from beginning to end...I really hope I am proven wrong...

I know I'm defiantly in the minority with my opinion, but I really hope they bring the 3nd game back closer to the first. Bio-ware has been plummeting down hill in recent years. Wonder why.....
    1991 318iS Volvo fan, aux input, and KYG struts/H&R OE Sport springs...Reliable, fun DD.

My Cars
    4dr Wrangler, s60R
    demo comes out tomorrow

My Cars
    6sp '05 M3 Convertible
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisV006 View Post
    I preordered it...newegg has had it down to $42 shipped already once lol.

Honestly, I think its going to be awful. I hope I'm wrong but the first game was awesome then they removed all RPG elements and made the 2nd one essentially a scripted shooter with a much much weaker plot...You spend 95% of the game assembling a team with one mission at the end...I mean, the first game had this epic feeling with a story from beginning to end...I really hope I am proven wrong...

I know I'm defiantly in the minority with my opinion, but I really hope they bring the 3nd game back closer to the first. Bio-ware has been plummeting down hill in recent years. Wonder why.....
    Fuuuck that. Your opinions are almost totally wrong.

Red '05 M3 Convertible - 6sp.

My Cars
    My two legs
    This game is going to be epic. It needs to be out NOW!!!!

My Cars
    88 325is
    Demo is out and pre-orders get a copy of BF3.

My Cars
    My two legs
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarmedBread View Post
    Demo is out and pre-orders get a copy of BF3.
    Wait ... what if you pre-ordered before this? Do you still get a copy of BF3? And how do I get this copy?

My Cars
    E30
    Demo seems a little dumbed down... I hate what EA does to some games... ME1 will still be my favorite, I think...

My Cars
    4dr Wrangler, s60R
    Quote Originally Posted by Speede7 View Post
    Demo seems a little dumbed down... I hate what EA does to some games... ME1 will still be my favorite, I think...
    i agree, especially the amount of autodialogue, hopefully its just because its a demo...

My Cars
    3 Hondas, 3 Chevys.
    Quote Originally Posted by runnermatt07

i agree, especially the amount of autodialogue, hopefully its just because its a demo...
    You can choose the game style, auto dialog for those who just want to get into the action and get the "ideal" storyline, mix between action and rpg where you make major decisions, or full rpg where you play as you wish.

EJ8-Squad Ride of the Month April 2009/2010/2012. EJ8-Squad Ride of the Year 2010. Super Street Magazine Grassroots Feature April 2011.
    "When you know you're losing an argument online, correct their grammer."

My Cars
    E30
    Quote Originally Posted by Artikgrau325is View Post
    You can choose the game style, auto dialog for those who just want to get into the action and get the "ideal" storyline, mix between action and rpg where you make major decisions, or full rpg where you play as you wish.
    While this is true, I chose the middle one, which said "the true Mass Effect experience", or something similar... I think I may just play it on RPG setting because I'm getting WAY too much Gears of War feeling from the middle setting, with some dialogue injected in where BioWare said so... EA likes to dumb games down to appeal to a broader audience, which can sometimes ruin the game. Sometimes it's good, others bad. This one you can really tell EA got their shitty claws into the project, and IMO it's NOT for the better

Edit: And I will be buying this, day 1. I always adored Mass Effect 1 and 2, and I'm certian that they made the demo like this on purpose to attract everyone to the game on release day. I just hope there is more variety in the combat, more space exploration, and more open-ness... I just really don't want a scripted GoW experience... EA already ruined my NFS series, they better not take Mass Effect.
    Last edited by Speede7; 02-17-2012 at 01:29 PM.

My Cars
    '07 E92 335i
    Will wait a little and buy it used because fuck EA.

flickr
    BMW CCA #444326
    come see bought me

My Cars
    e30iS / 09 TDi
    Well I'm glad that I'm not alone with my 'completely fucking wrong' opinion.

EA ruined bioware...I miss the days of ME1 and DA:O.
    Last edited by ChrisV006; 02-17-2012 at 07:51 PM.
    1991 318iS Volvo fan, aux input, and KYG struts/H&R OE Sport springs...Reliable, fun DD.

My Cars
    E30
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisV006 View Post
    Well I'm glad that I'm not along with my 'completely fucking wrong' opinion.

EA ruined bioware...I miss the days of ME1 and DA:O.
    God. Damn. Right.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast