Thread: ECU Update files...

My Cars
    2006 BMW Z4M E85

ECU Update files...

Hi guys, so this is my first post on Bimmerforums.
    I have done some searching and have made a decision to buy the following software kit/cable to do programming on my 2001 X5 4.4:
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BMW-INPA-...item4ab226ea00

One thing that i cannot seem to get an understanding of is this...
    Where/how does the software get the latest/updated ECU firmware files? These files being for the engine/transmission/etc ECUs...
    Do i need to download them? Does the software include them? Does it check online for new versions?

Also if there is a place for comprehensive use of the software that would be great too...

Thankyou

My Cars
    1998 e36
    That is just the knock off version of factory BMW software, and it probably does not work

My Cars
    bmw 730d
    I think this looks like a good deal. It does not really matter if all the files are included - they are available everywhere...

Back then I paid much much more for mine

My Cars
    2006 BMW Z4M E85
    Ok where is 'everywhere'?

My Cars
    E87 120d M-Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by frozenwaffles View Post
    Where/how does the software get the latest/updated ECU firmware files? These files being for the engine/transmission/etc ECUs...
    Do i need to download them? Does the software include them? Does it check online for new versions?
    You can get some of the latest files from an ISTA/P disc. The software will include some files, but they may not be the latest. The files for your E53 X3 have not had an update for quite a while, so don't worry about it too much. No, it doesn't check online for updates, you have to update it manually.

My Cars
    BMW 850 and E55 AMG
    Get the lead and get SSS/Progman running.
    Updates are all stored in there under something like service actions.

There might be updates available since, but you'll have a a good few years worth, which is where most of the flaws would have been ironed out if found.

Giftschrank Projekt

My Cars
    2004 BMW 525I
    anyone know what updates i may need or can do on a 2004 525i? as far as i know the car hasnt been updated at all since coming from the factory? if there are any what program would be best to use for me as well as what cable?