Thread: Question About Oil and Coolant m10 turbo lines

My Cars
    1976 BMW 2002 'lil red'

Question About Oil and Coolant m10 turbo lines

So I’m going turbo with my m10, i am debating over two different places to attach the oil feed line, 1.) The oil pressure sensor next to the distributor 2.) Tap the oil filter mount
    I have seen people do the oil filter and have herd people recommend the oil pressure sensor
    -the oil pressure switch with t fitting would be unfiltered
    -the oil filter mounting would be
    I can’t find any solid documentation on pros or cons or which location is better
    Water lines i think you get the post radiated coolant and use the thermo syphoning effect right? But where do I attach the lines I have absolutely no idea?
    If anyone could lead me to a site or has personal experience it would be much appreciated

Turbo BorgWarner efr6258 single scroll
    320i radiator
    new water pump
    m10 block
    Volvo 740 oil cooler
    (this isn’t all, just relevant I think)

Thanks
    Last edited by kempbrad; 02-01-2012 at 12:21 AM. Reason: mislabeling

My Cars
    97 M3, 85 318i
    I would hit up jason @ hsv turbo. He's a great guy and was my go-to when I was planning on turboing my e30 318i (which I still plan on doing, but I bought a e36 m...and yeah...) he's totally down to earth and responds very quickly. He may have some interesting twists on fuel delivery as well...a 12 sec 318i is impressive, the guy knows is stuff.

Www.Hsvturbo.com

Btw I was planning on using my idiotlight, seems to get oil rather quickly...just my .02
    Last edited by Tristo; 02-01-2012 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Custom Stage 3-ish RMS supercharged E36 M3/4/5
    Frankenstein e30 318i commuter

My Cars
    95 M3
    Thanks Trisco for the kind words. When I become rich and famous, you can be my PR guy

I would drill and tap the oil filter housing to provide filtered oil for my turbo. On my 1975 2002, the oil filter already have two 13 mm hex plugs located in the filter housing. Does your 76 have these.

Boostede21 is running some coolant lines on his m10 I believe. I don't know the details of his build so you should ask him what works. Link...
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1547980

Hope you post up your build on the forum, we need more m10 turbo builds. Good luck.

Jason
    WOT

My Cars
    97 M3, 85 318i
    No prob jason, I just feel kinda bad I still haven't even started mine yet, when I was all roarin and ready to go last year, lol. I bought an e36 m3 4/5 after I got a new job and totally caught the modding bug with it and have had the e30 playing 2nd fiddle (its been cold, heated seats are a life saver when its 29 degrees outside) I'm supercharging the m3 and when that's done I'm doing a full resto on the e30 (gutting the interior, sanding, motor rebuild, etc...) as long as funds allow. I still have my gofast goodies, but its been a crazy road. Shoot me an email or call me, we should totally catch up!

Custom Stage 3-ish RMS supercharged E36 M3/4/5
    Frankenstein e30 318i commuter

My Cars
    1976 BMW 2002 'lil red'
    I contacted Atilla, he said his setup as of current isn't working as well as he would like that is w/ the coolant lines- thanks guys
    As far as the oil filter mount I dont know about it being tapped already, I'll check tmrw because I will be going to visit my engine at the machine shop its been there for a while, its getting shot peened and bored, so EXCITING!.
    So hopefully by march i should have everything ready to put together the system and can document it.
    So hears my idea I am not thinking of doing it it just came to me the other night, what about having two intercoolers in one car. one big w/ larger tubing and one smaller w/ smaller tubing. As the boost pressure increases there is a air diverter that switches to the larger one. My guess is this would work horribly because with the intercooler change the boost would drop off so it would be mid turbo lag.

My Cars
    Bmw e36 325i
    Hi guys I知 all out here in South Africa .. I have a e30 318 m10 I知 currently turboing as we speak..
    so I have a gt35 turbo big intercooler manifold I made myself and mind me i ark welded it.. not that I知 a welder but coz it is very cheap doing it that way as I don稚 have a big budget.. I知 just still locked on wer to run my oils feed from as my oil filter holder is to thin to tap.. could I go with the oil switch next to the Distrubotor.. and if so wat will I do with the switch..? Any help

- - - Updated - - -

Hi guys I知 all out here in South Africa .. I have a e30 318 m10 I知 currently turboing as we speak..
    so I have a gt35 turbo big intercooler manifold I made myself and mind me i ark welded it.. not that I知 a welder but coz it is very cheap doing it that way as I don稚 have a big budget.. I知 just still locked on wer to run my oils feed from as my oil filter holder is to thin to tap.. could I go with the oil switch next to the Distrubotor.. and if so wat will I do with the switch..? Any help