My Cars
    2011 X5 35d

Question i need advice on a trailer hitch for X5 (2011)

I just bought a used 2011 X5 diesel and love it so far, amazing vehicle. I need to install a trailer hitch and I'm wondering what experience people have had with the various hitches and install process. I plan on installing it myself, it looks pretty straight forward, remove rear bumper and bolt it on.

Beyond the bmw $600 hitch, The 3 popular hitches i'm looking at are the Curt, Draw Tite and Hidden, all class III and bolt on, no drilling required. I've read some reviews that say you need to trim the rear fascia a bit to allow certain hitches to fit right. I'm looking for some advice from others on this . I'd rather find a hitch that doesn't require trimming the fascia. Plus I could use some advice, or tips on wiring?
    Thanks

My Cars
    2005 325Xi
    Any hitch you install is going to require that you trim a hole in the center of the rear bumper. Whther some will require more than others, I can't say. But the trim line for the BMW hitch is molded into the backside of the bumper cover.
    Quote Originally Posted by B4SH View Post
    If anyone knows, it's this guy who knows literally nothing about everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by fcvapor05 View Post
    Do you even OT? The mean 401k around here is probably about $6, what with all the shiny cars and $1,000 watches and donations to get other members' Volvos running.

My Cars
    11 X5 35D, 03 530i Sport
    Here is mine. Ordered it from Europe. Used Factory harness, and got it coded.

http://www.xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-foru...yesterday.html

Last edited by kakalika; 03-12-2012 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Run flat tires? Nein Danke!!!