well played sir.
    1998 BMW M3 3.2 Cabrio • Alpinweiß III on Schwarz • German spec • 1 of 12
    SMG • SRA • PDC • AUC • OBC • GSM • HK • UURS • IHKA • FGR • MFL

IG:
    https://www.instagram.com/iflok/

My Cars
    2003 M3 CSL
    Attention all fans of Katri!

I thought I should post this before I get started with the brand-new season 2014 stuff. Hope you don't mind

Anssi

Compactive is offline Helpful. BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    3x 318ti
    You should post year round
    Want a custom signature? Post requests here, or PM me here | My Flickr

My Cars
    2003 540i/6 M-Sport
    This thread is nothing short of amazing. You are my new favorite person on bf.c.
    I +1 the above comment!
    More incredibly high quality pictures of beautiful women and BMW's are always encouraged and appreciated. We can always use new wallpapers.
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary… That's what gets you. - Jeremy Clarkson

My Cars
    2003 M3 CSL
    Thank you so much for those nice words.

As a photographer, I find Scandinavian women and German cars inspiring. Happy to hear I am not alone!

Season 2014 is no exception. There are many beautiful pictures I would like to share with you. Do you remember my "CSL and LBD" series? I am proud to introduce a new addition. Her name is Ninni.

Anssi

My Cars
    2003 M3 CSL
    Met with the owner of the beautiful Black Sapphire CSL again. He is a true car collector and enthusiast and he was immediately able to point out a difference between our cars!

The SMG display in his car has the symbol "0" (zero) for neutral gear and "A" for automatic shift mode. Mine has "N" and "D"! (His car is from June 2003 and mine is from December 2003.)

Unfortunately I did not have time to take a picture of his SMG display for comparison. Sorry! Those of you who remember my earlier post about the challenges of high-quality macro photography understand why...

However, I did take this picture:

The reflections of the horizontal white stripes reveal the shape of the car in a fascinating way. For some people, black is the only color a car should have. And I must admit the claim is well argued.

Anssi

My Cars
    2003 M3 CSL
    This angle shows how small the car really is. My current daily drive is an F30 and it feels massive compared to the fast, light and small CSL.

And then an epic side shot of the CSL:

Take a good look at the wheels. I realized that by driving around I can position both M-badges in the same 6 o'clock position! The picture looks awesome in full resolution, the wheels really make the shot.

Again there is no picture manipulation or Photoshop. Just a lot of preparation and on-location work. I am really happy with the way these pictures turned out.

Hope you enjoy them too!

Anssi

My Cars
    1994 325is Mtechnic
    Love love love!!!! Enjoy!! I might buy it from you in the future. Don't put too many miles lol

My Cars
    96 332IS 6466 turbo
    First time opening this thread ; (
    OP = God.

So professional, so....... Well I'm F'en speechless.

Wow . just Wow.
    1996 332IS
    Built 3.2
    CES/Steed TS Precision 6466, spraying a "$π!℅" load of meth.
    Technique Tuning 80# tune.
    1/4 mile 10.84 @ 136.72
    Your 1 and only stop for all your BMW performance needs
    WWW.CESMOTORSPORT.COM

My Cars
    2003 M3 CSL
    More "CSL and LBD"!

Sylvia and Sofia:

Sylvia:

Anssi

My Cars
    2003 M3 CSL
    I can't help it. Little Black Dress pictures just keep on coming.

Her name is Hanna:

Remember that there is absolutely no digital manipulation or "Photoshop" involved. Just a beautiful model and a beautiful car. A magical night. Good thing I happened to bring my camera

Anssi

My Cars
    1991 330iS
    I was going to ask for more shots of the Northern Lights + M3... but I'll accept pretty Scandinavian women + M3 as a suitable consolation.

Avusblau 1994 Euro M3 --> Journal Here
    Lagunagrün 1991 331iS-->Journal Here

My Cars
    2003 M3 CSL
    Funny you should mention Northern Lights. Because I just had the opportunity of a lifetime - and I missed it.

I subscribe to a Northern Lights alert service. On March 17th, I got an alert with a reading of 93. That is not much. Basically it means that there is nothing to see. But then: a new alert of 642, the biggest number I have ever seen! And I had my CSL and camera ready. 20 minutes later I arrived at a good viewing location but the best show was already over. I saw nothing and went back home. In the morning I heard that there were several new bursts during the night so if I had patiently waited, I might have caught something.

Opportunity like this will probably never repeat itself. Usually Northern Lights are visible during winter season and I have no winter tires for the CSL. Winter tires are required by law in December, January and February. This was the one chance I got to shoot my CSL with the Northern Lights. And I missed it.

Anssi

My Cars
    2003 M3 CSL
    Summer of 2015 has been rainy and cold here in Finland. That is bad news, because I don't drive my CSL in the rain.

But I didn't let all that rain bring me down. Instead, I let it inspire me. So one evening we poured water on the ground to make it LOOK like I was driving in the rain. I just love the reflections that water creates. Real water - no Photoshop!

Anssi

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '06 Forester
    Holy hell, how did I miss this all this time.

Everything about this thread is absolutely amazing; the girls, the car, the photography, your light-painting skills.

Great work sir!! Great work!

My Cars
    2003 M3 CSL
    Thank you. Feedback like this really makes my day. Even if it rains.

Anssi

My Cars
    E30 (Delores), W123
    Really cool photography style! It's interesting, the photos almost look like they're from the 90's. The softness and the lighting, even the black frame. It looks like what you'd might find in the paper brochure of an old 8-series. Cool stuff, and nice car!

EDIT: just found this on Google

Last edited by KevRC4130; 08-03-2015 at 10:47 PM.

My Cars
    2003 M3 CSL
    That is so true! I am stuck in the 80's and 90's style of photography.

In fact, everything I shoot could also have been captured on film. There is no digital manipulation, just good old fashioned long-exposure photography.

I could have been a big name in film photography, if I did this in the 80's! All I need now is a DeLorean to take me back in time

Anssi

My Cars
    2003 M3 CSL
    Luckily the weather in August turned out to be really nice and we finally got some summer.

Her name is Tara!

Anssi

My Cars
    -01 e39 525d touring
    Just wow! All i can say that hopefully one day i can see even a flash from you csl! (and maybe melissa on it )

Btw, would be nice to see some photos taken in foggy weather
    Last edited by Kameli; 09-21-2015 at 04:21 PM.

My Cars
    Z3 Coupe individual
    I found this thread only now, cause I rarely wander beyond our clownshoe herd in Z3 subcategory.
    Anssi I love your attention to detail, and composition of how all information and beauty is laid out on the tread.
    That makes this extra extra special! I share the same mindset like you know.

I only just finished page 2 / post 100, and there are really meaty details like those five SMG-steps on the button and then the extra sixth one with wider gap between all the rest.
    My own E36 3.2 SMG1 did never have those buttons, but driving my friends E64 M3 SMG2, I always start to think about that before remembering the needed steps.

Thanks for sharing this and without eyeballing yet beyond the 100th post I expect same to continue.

Terveisin: Erik

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerBreaker View Post
    And droooool
    Thanks BimmerBreaker.
    Last edited by Remotion; 10-05-2015 at 03:42 PM.

Z3 & E36 RamAir systems, send private message for more information.

My Cars
    2003 M3 CSL
    Quote Originally Posted by Remotion View Post
    I found this thread only now, cause I rarely wander beyond our clownshoe herd in Z3 subcategory.
    Anssi I love your attention to detail, and composition of how all information and beauty is laid out on the tread.
    That makes this extra extra special! I share the same mindset like you know.

I only just finished page 2 / post 100, and there are really meaty details like those five SMG-steps on the button and then the extra sixth one with wider gap between all the rest.
    My own E36 3.2 SMG1 did never have those buttons, but driving my friends E64 M3 SMG2, I always start to think about that before remembering the needed steps.

Thanks for sharing this and without eyeballing yet beyond the 100th post I expect same to continue.

Terveisin: Erik
    Thanks Erik, so nice to see you here!

I appreciate the car so much. It deserves nothing but the best. Therefore I have put my best effort into this thread. The amount of work involved in these photos is getting a bit difficult to explain rationally. But I know you feel the same way about your very special Z3.

Btw did you see this already? We made a car video, starring my M3 CSL!

Here is a 15-second teaser!

https://instagram.com/p/8bIU74JDml/

Make sure you have the sound on. We rigged the car with microphones so it really is this particular CSL you will hear!

Anssi
    Last edited by m5time; 10-06-2015 at 01:49 AM.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast