Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: My “new” 2003 530i Sport Silver thread Evolution

My Cars
    2003 530iA Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by champaign777 View Post
    Right, Xenons and black interior are non-negotiable for me as well
    You can retrofit Xenon ( i did on 2001 525i , awesome mode ) but change interior is too much for me
    I know many people do Euro version but I like OEM look
    Will see later , first Shades mode
    Armrest is OEM, I am sure original purchasers could have bought it installed. Now the Euro dash conversion is another matter!
    2003 530iA Sport - Titangrau Metallic/Schwarz Montana
    Build Codes: ZSP/ZPP/ZCW. Born on date: 09/02, Dingolfing, Deutschland
    |NAV MKIV WAZE | PP | CWP | Xenons | Style 42s | Rear Shades | OEM ULF Bluetooth | Euro Armrest | Beisan Vanos Seals | OEM Aux Input |

My Cars
    2003 530i Sport
    interesting jagerhund
    My is Dingolfing too and born 09/02 as well

I see you have the same story, sold 2001 525i and bought another 2003 530i a ? haha ... more details please
    Last edited by champaign777; 01-26-2012 at 06:02 PM.

My Cars
    1998 M3, 2013 X5
    Great find. looks extremely clean and with a full service history.

My Cars
    2003 530i/5 2008 Hemi WK
    Pretty sure all E39's were born there.

My Cars
    2003 530i Sport
    cool
    I checked VIN's on my cars and they indeed Dingolfing
    Are we all brothers ?
    Last edited by champaign777; 01-26-2012 at 12:03 AM.

My Cars
    C63 P31, SLK55, B8 S4

I believe that "common brain" is much better than only my brain , people talk , you think
    Don't want to discuss 540i problems but I really like I6 handling so a bit more power to perfect car
    should satisfy my requirements

Nah no arguments from me, this thread is about your car, I was just curious. The idea of a s/c 530 for the better steering is something I always thought was cool. I have no idea what you are talking about in regards to the common brain though

My Cars
    2008 BMW 528xi
    That is one beautiful E39 man. Congrats.

My Cars
    2003 530i Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by aspensilver540 View Post
    Nah no arguments from me, this thread is about your car, I was just curious. The idea of a s/c 530 for the better steering is something I always thought was cool. I have no idea what you are talking about in regards to the common brain though
    I mean Forum as a "common brain"

Quote Originally Posted by faruqster View Post
    That is one beautiful E39 man. Congrats.
    thank you Sir
    Last edited by champaign777; 01-23-2012 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    99 528i/5, 98 528i, E30
    Congrats on your new E39! One E39 is never enough.

My Cars
    2003 530i Sport
    So lets start
    Changed Oil today with Total QUARTZ 9000 Energy LL01
    Started to tune up left side of engine
    Cold Weather CCV / hoses and DISA were replaced 6 month ago , Oil filter gasket was done 1 year ago
    What is left for me ,- to clean Air Intake, Air Intake boots, MAF, ICV and throttle body , replace 3 vacuum hoses behind the intake manifold, install new throttle body gasket and a new air filter
    ( hope i didn't forget anything )

Since i am here I installed a new dipstick today ( right side )

This photo is for bimmerfimer , dipstick can be installed only in one position ( the highest place )

Last edited by champaign777; 01-27-2012 at 12:27 AM.

My Cars
    02 540iT Sport, 96 993
    Not sure if you've tried to source the parts for the sunshades, but I found it pretty tough. Ended up cobbling together a set for my touring after trolling on german ebay for a while. It ended up costing a ton and after all was said and done, lots of little bits still needed to be sourced to properly install it. The exploded parts diagrams on realoem don't even show you everything you need.

I'm still getting little bits and pieces in, but after I'm done I can let you know what ended up working/not working for me if you're interested.
    Mike
    '02 Titanium Silver 540iT Sport - Birch Anthracite trim, retrofitted window shades, DJ Auto Euro clear corner lenses, BSW t110 subwoofer, Dice Silverline w/DSP, lowering links. Lots of upgrades waiting in the garage for time to install
    '96 Polar Silver Porsche Carrera - MY02 5 spokes, Bilstein PSS9s, Euro TT Sways, KLA Strut bar, Big Red TT Brakes, RS Motor Mounts, RS Shift kit, Recaro A8s, FVD 360mm wheel, HIDs, Big Oval tips

My Cars
    E39 hamster/ruberbandPWR
    So I started from the left side of engine
    Cold Weather CCV / hoses and DISA were replaced 6 month ago , Oil filter gasket was done 1 year ago
    What is left for me ,- to clean Air Intake, Air Intake boots, MAF, ICV and throttle body , replace 3 vacuum hoses behind the intake manifold, install new throttle body gasket and a new air filter

This photo is for bimmerfimer , dipstick can be installed only in one position
    Nice car.
    Reminds me of another I have seen somewhere else...

Also, could you please show what specific hoses you plan on replacing back there, since I have my car torn apart right now, I might as well replace that too...
    LOL!

Thanks!
    Jason

Looking for an E39 belly pan , passenger front inner fender liner …

My Cars
    2003 530i Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzilla View Post
    Not sure if you've tried to source the parts for the sunshades, but I found it pretty tough. Ended up cobbling together a set for my touring after trolling on german ebay for a while. It ended up costing a ton and after all was said and done, lots of little bits still needed to be sourced to properly install it. The exploded parts diagrams on realoem don't even show you everything you need.

I'm still getting little bits and pieces in, but after I'm done I can let you know what ended up working/not working for me if you're interested.
    thank for replay !
    I am in touch with one ebay guy and he has Rear Power Window shade + motor + wire + front panel with button for around ( ~$150 )
    He also has back doors sunshades + upper/back plastics to hold them + rear door back panels so I will only need small back window sunshades ( ~$400 )

I am looking to spend around $600-700 with shipping , tell me if I missed something

Quote Originally Posted by Jason5driver View Post
    Nice car.
    Reminds me of another I have seen somewhere else...

Also, could you please show what specific hoses you plan on replacing back there, since I have my car torn apart right now, I might as well replace that too...
    LOL!

Thanks!
    Jason
    thank Jason
    small vacuum hoses for secondary air injection system number 9, 7, 7 and 4

o and i will replace 6 o-rings on a DISTRIBUTION PIECE
    anything i missed in my list let me know , i hate redo the same job again

intake rubber boots look good

not too much to clean in ICV

throttle body is a bit dirty

what kind of grease is this ?

Last edited by champaign777; 02-01-2012 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    E39 m52tuB30
    They provide software for both engine and steptronic transmission
    I do not plan to go more than Stage 1 kit ( should i ?? )

This is the plan ( There is no comparison between a 540i )

2003 E39 M5

Weight: 1,825kg
    Power: 400bhp
    Torque: 368ft lbs

219 bhp per tonne
    202 ft lbs per tonne

2003 E39 530i ESS S/C

Weight: 1,585kg
    Power: 325bhp
    Torque: 300ft lbs

205 bhp per tonne
    189 ft lbs per tonne
    Very nice nice nice car, love your interior and your trim!!! please do not tint your windows!!! please!!!!

well, if you want to put 350 hp in to the crank in your new 530 with ESS Supercharger, you need to go to stage 2, + cams, + headers, + lower a little your compression and I think you need to replace your autotragic with 5 or 6 speed manual bro...

congrats!!!

E39, 523i, 1999, M52TUB30, 5 SPEED MANUAL, UUC SHORT SHIFTER, EURO SPECS, KONI YELLOWS, OEM SPORTS SPRINGS, OEM SPORTS SEATS, ALCANTARA HEADLINER AND /A/B/C PILLARS, OEM M-TECHNIC AERODYNAMIC, OEM M5 FRONT GRILLS, OEM M5 REAR FOLDING MIRRORS, OEM M5 REAR SWAYBAR, OEM M-TECHNIC II FRONT SWAYBAR, REMUS DUAL TIP MUFFLER, TITANSILVER, BIXENON, M PARALLEL SPOKE 66 STAGGERED, OEM M-AUDIO SYSTEM, NAV SCREEN 16:9, INTRAVEE II iPOD INTERFACE, OEM TCM WITH BLUETOOTH, Y RESONATOR DELETE, INTAKE HORN DELETE, CDV DELETE, CHARCOAL TITANIUM BRUSHED TRIM, FAN CLUTCH DELETE, ELECTRIC FAN, 3.15LSD DIFFERENTIAL, ESS TS2+ SUPERCHARGER, AQUAMIST METHANOL + WATER INJECTION

PANAMA, CIUDAD DE PANAMA

My Cars
    Bmw 335i
    very nice!

99 E39 528i / 08 E92 M3

My Cars
    2003 525i
    So lets start
    Changed Oil today with Total QUARTZ 9000 Energy LL01
    Started to tune up left side of engine

This photo is for bimmerfimer , dipstick can be installed only in one position ( the highest place )

Man I wish my CCV, oil filter housing gasket and DISA were replaced before I purchased mine. Nice. Good to hear the previous owner showed the car some love.

I am at work so I cannot see the photo of your new dipstick tube install. Did you use the Winter Version? I installed my dipstick tube a few months ago, it takes all of five minutes and I could not imagine then, or now, there is a wrong method which creates the 'snag' of the actual dipstick.

I would say the VANOS Oil hose is something to consider...mine has 150K miles, it's weeping enough over the past 25K miles that I now have to replace it (it's not the copper washers or the torque on the hollow bolts...it's the hose that is shot). I have oil leak that is enough you can see it on the side of the engine. Makes me sick. I will replace VANOS hose this weekend and clean all.

Please spray a fair amount of Throttle Body Cleaner into your TB intake and grab a microfiber towel to get in there and clean it up. Clean the TB itself too. I swear this makes your idle 9 rpm smoother.
    "I'd smash that (Jennifer Connelly) like a failed coup in sub-Saharan Africa."
    ~Macktheknife in my epic Jennifer Connelly OT Thread

My Cars
    2003 530i Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by MKpoto View Post
    very nice!
    There are still some nice examples in Chicago area

Quote Originally Posted by jdjg View Post
    Very nice nice nice car, love your interior and your trim!!! please do not tint your windows!!! please!!!!

well, if you want to put 350 hp in to the crank in your new 530 with ESS Supercharger, you need to go to stage 2, + cams, + headers, + lower a little your compression and I think you need to replace your autotragic with 5 or 6 speed manual bro...

congrats!!!
    thanks buddy
    A) no tint for sure , only OEM sunshades ( already bought rear one with front panel switch , to be continue )
    B) After reading many threads where people killed M54 using Stage 2 SC i dont think i want to go this way
    Also start to take apart 74800 miles engine is not a smart idea right ?
    Autotragic is good when it's good ( my is smooth ) so no plans for manual right now

Quote Originally Posted by bimmerfiver View Post
    Man I wish my CCV, oil filter housing gasket and DISA were replaced before I purchased mine. Nice. Good to hear the previous owner showed the car some love.

I am at work so I cannot see the photo of your new dipstick tube install. Did you use the Winter Version? I installed my dipstick tube a few months ago, it takes all of five minutes and I could not imagine then, or now, there is a wrong method which creates the 'snag' of the actual dipstick.

I would say the VANOS Oil hose is something to consider...mine has 150K miles, it's weeping enough over the past 25K miles that I now have to replace it (it's not the copper washers or the torque on the hollow bolts...it's the hose that is shot). I have oil leak that is enough you can see it on the side of the engine. Makes me sick. I will replace VANOS hose this weekend and clean all.

Please spray a fair amount of Throttle Body Cleaner into your TB intake and grab a microfiber towel to get in there and clean it up. Clean the TB itself too. I swear this makes your idle 9 rpm smoother.
    good suggestion about Throttle Body Cleaner, plan to do it this weekend bimmerfimer , aslo you see on a picture CCV / new dipstick
    are Cold Weather Version

What kind of grease is this ?
    I need to clean and re-grease it but i have no idea what dealer used here HELP !

Last edited by champaign777; 01-27-2012 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    2003 525i
    good suggestion about Throttle Body Cleaner, plan to do it this weekend bimmerfimer , aslo you see on a picture CCV / new dipstick
    are Cold Weather Version

What kind of grease is this ?
    I need to clean and re-grease it but i have no idea what dealer used here HELP !
    Dealer used some "O-ring Lubricant" on the DISA O-ring.
    Spray down DISA lightly with Throttle Body Cleaner, wipe clean.
    Spray Intake opening lightly with Throttle Body Cleaner, wipe clean.
    Apply a little bit of O-Ring Lubricant (Grease) to O-Ring.
    Tick-Tack the DISA back in place, tightening it as if it were a wheel.
    Make very snug.

O-Ring Lubricant is grease ala silicone:

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-a...iw=936&bih=335

For Throttle Body:
    Open the flap.
    Insert wooden hammer end or something to keep it in open position.
    Spray Throttle Body.
    Clean away the ring of black carbon.
    Cleaning this little bit up helps comrade.
    Spray inside the actual throttle body intake.
    Black liquid will ooze out.
    Keep spraying.
    Wipe clean.
    Spray ICV Valve too.
    Black liquid will come out.
    Wipe all dry.
    Put some o-ring grease on the new Throttle Body o-ring.
    Car will purr.
    I would replace all 6 spark plugs.
    And Fuel Filter.
    Cause I like to.
    Last edited by bimmerfiver; 01-27-2012 at 06:51 PM.

My Cars
    2003 530i Sport
    thank you Keith for the detail cleaning explanation

Last edited by champaign777; 01-27-2012 at 07:13 PM.

My Cars
    2003 530i/5 2008 Hemi WK
    Looks like the Joe Dirt method of toilet clog rectification.

My Cars
    2003 525i
    thank you Keith for the detail cleaning explanation

Comrade,
    You are very good now at Yankee humor. I like your 530 very much...nicer HP/torque than small six, low miles and clean. I dream of e39 without vibration.

My Cars
    2003 530i Sport
    I feel your pain ...True Love Never Ends !

My Cars
    2003 530i/5 2008 Hemi WK
    I feel your pain ...True Love Never Ends !

Is that a V!agr4 reference?

My Cars
    E39 2001 525i a
    I consider doing this all the time upgrading my 525 to a 530. I have less miles then your 530 but by a few hundred. I've done a lot of work to her and she treats me so well for it. I'd hate to have to start all over again. You got a nice deal in it being already done. How much did you snag her for if you dont mind me asking. We both know the Chicago market can be a bit on the high side but real gems can be found and deals. Shes very nice, im sure you will treat her well.

My Cars
    2003 530i Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherGeezer View Post
    Is that a V!agr4 reference?

Quote Originally Posted by Vatoman View Post
    I consider doing this all the time upgrading my 525 to a 530. I have less miles then your 530 but by a few hundred. I've done a lot of work to her and she treats me so well for it. I'd hate to have to start all over again. You got a nice deal in it being already done. How much did you snag her for if you dont mind me asking. We both know the Chicago market can be a bit on the high side but real gems can be found and deals. Shes very nice, im sure you will treat her well.
    i would think twice to REDO all what i did on my 2001 ( including ENTIRE suspension overhaul )
    I just hope that a bit engine tune up , maybe plugs, filters , transmission mounts , engine mounts ypsss
    NO I DONT WANT TO START ALL OVER AGAIN
    Last edited by champaign777; 01-27-2012 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast