Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 1995 BMW E36 M3 LTW Tribute/Track car

My Cars
    2003 M5, 1995 M3 GTR
    Thanks guys!!!

The rear seat delete will probably just be flat carbon to fill in the indented area. I could make it all elaborate but my car is going for the least amount of weight while still looking "good". If it were a total street car/show car i would make it just like the IDing one. I would have to make up a mold for that one though its pretty serious in terms of curve's and bends. It would take for ever to finish glass smooth without a mold.

Jakermac: Tell you what, i will pull the hood off tomorrow or the next day and borrow a digital scale from my buddy. I spaced it today but its only 4 bolts not a big deal... I used spray cans just because its primer. I will of course paint the parts with base/clear using a compressor and gun when it comes time.

PS: The hood is right around 10lbs but i will get you an exact number.

Update:

Bad pictures sorry, it is like 20 degrees and blowing wind at like 20mph........not paradise.........hahaha

Here is a shot just to see the fitment of the wheels/tires. Stock camber and suspension all around. Its does have 12mm spacers in the front but they fit without them.

Brake dust hahaha.

Here is the cone filter i am running while the intake is being worked on.

Here are the rear trunk springs i am running. I have them mounted just like the BMW Cecotto E36 M3 on display in Germany. My car might turn into that one actually ......

I use all stainless hardware for everything on the car i replaced or fixed. I had to mount the trunk like this because i didn't want to rely on threaded inserts. I think they look pretty clean. Comments?

Interior shots just for the people who like the panels.

I do NOT use the harnesses like this they are just resting in the car.

The sunroof from the inside does not look too bad at all, i might put off on buying a non sunroof headliner.

Last edited by elliott95; 01-23-2012 at 12:49 AM.

My Cars
    '97 M3/2/6 '01 996tt
    great work I think if all you did was paint the sun roof black on the bottom you would not even notice it with that headliner
    http://www.hardmotorsport.com http://Facebook.com/HardMotorsport

My Cars
    E92 N54
    wwhoa whered you get the CF door panels?

My Cars
    e36 m3
    Quote Originally Posted by ahardm3 View Post
    great work I think if all you did was paint the sun roof black on the bottom you would not even notice it with that headliner
    exactly what I did.

Hi, my name is Joe

My Cars
    2003 M5, 1995 M3 GTR
    ^ Very nice, i think i will paint it black......

V8eatr: I made the carbon fiber door panels in my shop along with the trunk.

m3

dude, you know I love your skill set..i pmd you about it. Just wonderful..keep it up.

about the Sperrys?....

make some parts to sell to us and you can buy a dozen prs!!!..lol

are you on east coast?......NY?..NJ?....

edit...ahh Colorada.

and lower that car!!!!!
    Last edited by jrkoupe; 01-23-2012 at 05:51 PM.

My Cars
    triple rare US E36 M3
    cool build.
    BMWCCA Member 376052
    RIP Pandashizzle

My Cars
    99 M3, 98 323is
    So I'm assuming you know this, but I guess it's worth saying..... With all that weight reduction you are sitting significantly higher than stock ride height, to the point where I think your aliment will be off enough to cause premature tire wear.

[Ethan "if it weren't for that cone" Connor|323is #89DSP]

My Cars
    2003 M5, 1995 M3 GTR
    Nondescript:
    Yes i am aware but thank you i do need to keep an eye on this. I was worried about this at first but the car has actually been fine so far. The rears wear perfect all the way across and the fronts have slight inner tire wear but nothing i worry about. It isn't being driven a lot and the tires on it are shot. When the new set goes on i will hopefully install camber plates, coilovers, and some new bushings so it will need a full alignment all around.

Update:

Here are a few decent shots. I also posted a shot of the new ECU cover for the fire wall and a general shot of the exhaust just for the threads sake.

Last edited by elliott95; 01-23-2012 at 11:03 PM.

My Cars
    1996 BMW 328is
    Once the suspension is taken care of, this will be a great car. Keep up the good work, sir.
    arctic 328is / UUC / Eurosport / Bilstein \ TMS \ Zimmerman

My Cars
    99 Dakar M3
    Will there be a retractable undertray/splitter like on the LTW?

My Cars
    2003 M5, 1995 M3 GTR
    Gregarious7:
    Yes, it will have a pretty serious front splitter and rear diffuser on it. I am designing it down at the shop. I might use the stock tray from the LTW but its still up in the air, i think i can make a better one that provides more down force.

My Cars
    99 Dakar M3
    Damn dude, now that's a proper build. Subscribed!

My Cars
    e36, e53
    car is looking great. keep us updated!

My latch on my trunk has just came apart for the second or third time. Can you post up where you got your spring kit? I have found the omp ones but 40 something dollars is sort of high for trunk springs. I think pegasus had something a lot cheaper, but just interested in what you chose.

My Cars
    2003 M5, 1995 M3 GTR
    DTM Derek: I actually found mine through Cusco Japan. It took forever to find the right size and design that matched the Cecotto E36 M3 in Germany.

Mine actually say made in England on them so i think i found the exact same ones hahaha. Anyway you cant just call Cusco and order them you have to go through a dealer but if you call them they will find you one close to your city.

Mine are very strong and hold the trunk down really solid. If you Google Cusco hood pins and look under images you will see them.

PS: Mine were $55.00 i think but i wanted the best match to the Cecotto car ...they are all stainless and everything.

Updates coming soon. The car is at the cage builders. I am changing this car into a PTG tribute car and its getting the same roll cage as we speak.

Thanks guys!!!

Update:

Here is the underside of the rear shock towers. I prepped all of this to save time/money and i did the front but i dont have pictures.

The cage should be done in a few weeks but i am working on the custom intake in the mean time.

Finally got the flange on the front. This is just put on and filled but not block sanded yet:

Outer flange all bonded together but again it needs work etc:

Here it is sitting on the box without the filter, also i sanded the intake back down to smooth it out and really finish it up nice. You can see an area with epoxy on it after i sanded it and re-coated it:

Finally found a perfect size filter:

Last edited by elliott95; 04-09-2012 at 10:19 PM.

My Cars
    99 Dakar M3
    Nice work! Whyd u prep the rear shock towers like that? For the cage?

My Cars
    96 M3 Coupe
    VERY jelly. Nice work, can't wait to see this project finished!
    96 BMW M3 (sold)
    07 BMW 335i (JB4, DCI)
    08 HD Sportster (V&H pipes, intake, download, fender chop, drag bars, etc.)

My Cars
    2003 M5, 1995 M3 GTR
    Gregarious7: Yes the cage, i wanted to give the cage designer/builder plenty of room etc. Also i am repainting everything inside once the cage is in so i will remove all of the seam sealer and any unnecessary brackets etc.

Sleepysvt98: Thanks!! Its taken lots of work...haha

My Cars
    97 328is, 2016 F150
    Subscribing for the carbon fiber work. i think i found my new best friend!! lol. Door cards are sick.

All the work you've put into the car is amazing! mad props to you and keep it up!
    -Jason

--I shoot a Nikon D300. I track a 1997 BMW E36. I wrench with Matco.
    I Boost a 2015 F150 Ecoboost --

--I don’t Fail; I succeed at finding what doesn’t work--

--Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you--

--If you can leave rubber from the apex to the braking zone, you have enough power--

--1997 BMW 328is--2016 F150 CCLB Ecoboost
    --2004 F250 CCSB FX4 Diesel (sold)--2006 Acura TL (Sold)--2010 Acura MDX (Sold)--2019 STI (Sold)

My Cars
    BMWS
    What made you decide to go with a CF weave?

I suppose nothing has been structural yet but you might have some fun with some unidirectional if you start making some more structural parts.

Are you doing a vacuum bag with wet lay-up? Or are you using molds? If you are using pre-preg let me know where you are getting your hands on it...

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    I would love some nice CF door cards...
    TRM Coilovers 670F/895R | BBS LM | Corsa RSC36

My Cars
    2003 M5, 1995 M3 GTR
    1995M3LTW: I am just using the 2x2 weave for most of the parts because that's a common weave and it looks good etc. I have used unidirectional already in the trunk i made and i also used woven roving....pain in the butt because its so heavy its hard to lay.

I am doing a wet lay up for most of the parts but the intake and some of the small parts need molds etc. I have not used a vacuum bag for anything yet. I probably should but i have been alright without it. As for pre preg i do not use it because of cost and i don't have a big enough oven etc hahaha.

Propcar: I have received tons of PMs about these door panels and i was going to make them but i honestly just don't have time at the moment. I am a young guy in school and working full time.

If you really want a set i might do a small run for a few people. I would need to think of a price though and figure out material cost etc.

If you would like a set PM me and i will consider making a few sets. I don't want to get off track in this section of the forum though.

Thanks guys.

Also if you sent me PMs a while back i promise i will get back to you and i apologize for the long wait. I just had a tragedy happen in the family and it sent me off course for a bit. Thanks for your patience guys.

PS: I am having the PTG cage welded into my car and i need rear shock mount pictures. If you have them please post some or PM me. Here is a thread i started because i have been unsuccessful in finding any photos.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1817482
    Last edited by elliott95; 04-11-2012 at 11:38 AM.

My Cars
    '00 E38 & '91 E34
    I also love all the carbon details, they look just perfect!

My Cars
    03 M3
    subbed, killer car

My Cars
    1993 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by elliott95 View Post
    I just had a tragedy happen in the family and it sent me off course for a bit. Thanks for your patience guys.
    I hope the outcome is positive. Our thoughts are with you.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast