Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 1995 BMW E36 M3 LTW Tribute/Track car

My Cars
    2003 M5, 1995 M3 GTR

1995 BMW E36 M3 LTW Tribute/Track car

Hey guys i thought i would start a thread because my project is finally moving. My name is Elliott and i am a young guy that purchased a bone stock 1995 E36 M3 from an older gentleman in May of 2009. I have been saving up money left and right and making parts for the car in the mean time.

The car will be a fun track day, weekend car, daily driver when i feel like driving it but i also wanted to incorporate the LTW tribute theme as well. The car has 123,000 miles on it and i bought it with 112,000 so it has really just been sitting and been getting built.

It is alpine white 300 over dove gray but i bought a full interior in black and swapped it out. It is almost all carbon today but it did have door panels and carpet for about a month haha.

Here are some general shots of how the car has changed. I bought a few bumpers, a few wings, and i have changed my mind with the direction the was going to go in a few times.

It is getting primer tomorrow, then it will go to paint when i have the time/money.

Here are the different parts from when i got the car to today, with some random shots of wheels, interior etc

Here is a bumper i bought to fix after the OEM one was destroyed. I did fix it but i wanted a brand new one.

This is a rep LTW wing i sold it was off Ebay and it was two parts.

Wheels from stock 7.5" with 235's all around to LTW's with 8.5" x 7.5" 235/255. I sold them for the more aggressive Apex 18" x 9.5" all around with 245/40/18

Old dash and one black door panel that was sold for carbon replacement.

Here is the car from tonight but it will change looks again tomorrow and i will update.

MA shaw hood and MA shaw LTW wing full carbon.........some may recognize it as Darksides old wing.....Also Brand new OEM M3 bumper.

Interior shots as of tonight. No carpet, OMP Targa wheel, full carbon door panels, Recaro pole positions, sliders, side mounts, Vac floor plates, Willians six points etc

Next is gauges, paint for floor, carbon floor panels and of course the cage/roll bar ASAP before the car gets on the street/track.

As you can see i cleaned all the sound deadening off the floor and loomed everything from the firewall all the way back to the rear of the car.

Next up is the custom trunk i made and the MA shaw LTW wing in primer. I will install these sunday and hopefully the whole car will at least be white.

I didn't create the sunk in spot for the BMW emblem i just made it flush for the ease of the mold/lay up. All the holes are for mounts and hood pin type springs.

Finally we come to the engine bay. I made a custom intake and other various parts for the engine. I will link the intake thread.

I also did a slight wire tuck just to clean the engine bay up a bit/organize things.

As you guys can see i am all about saving weight so that's why everything is composite or gone. I didn't want to go to forced induction because of money and reliability.

I love comments so fire away but i hate negativity so i will probably ignore those.

Thanks updates coming soon, Elliott N

Link for intake build thread: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1767255
    Last edited by elliott95; 01-21-2012 at 12:30 AM.

My Cars
    E36 S54 M3, CAAD10,
    Looking good! subscribed!

My Cars
    99 740iL, 12 VW TDI
    Nice clean build. Plans for roll cage ?

My Cars
    e36 Track Car
    Is it a LTW Chassis from BMW?
    Regards, Nate.
    www.DriveFasterNow.com

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    dang elliot nice! I love the door panels, you make em?!
    TRM Coilovers 670F/895R | BBS LM | Corsa RSC36

My Cars
    2003 M5, 1995 M3 GTR
    Daniels635turbo: No set plans yet. I might just run a roll bar for the time being or i might pony up and have a cage/roll bar in the rear started so that i could finish it in summer or fall.

Toolean: No, sadly its not a real LTW chassis. I wanted one but i couldn't justify the cost being a young guy in school. It will have many of the original LTW parts and it will be built as a tribute the LTW cars.

Propcar: Yes, i made the door panels and the trunk down at my shop. Really anything in carbon or fiberglass i made except the hood and wing. Thanks man!

Updates coming tonight
    Last edited by elliott95; 01-21-2012 at 11:28 PM.

My Cars
    1999 M3 and 1990 Jetta G
    I assume those would cost a pretty penny to make... I'd love to have front and rear CF door cards, but closer to the OEM type so it would cover all the sections.
    TRM Coilovers 670F/895R | BBS LM | Corsa RSC36

My Cars
    My E36 supercar
    You would make bank on those CF door panels. I would love to have a set.

Nice work.

My Cars
    1995 M3
    I would also love to have those carbon door panels! Looks Awsome good work!

My Cars
    2 black ones
    looks great so far

love the door panels

My Cars
    E39 M5, M3 #226 CM
    Nice job - very clean.

My Cars
    '97 M3/2/6 '01 996tt
    Wow Im very impressed, Keep up the good work, can't wait to see where this car goes from here
    http://www.hardmotorsport.com http://Facebook.com/HardMotorsport

My Cars
    2003 M5, 1995 M3 GTR
    Thank you guys for all the great comments!!!!!

Propcar: Not to bad carbon was like $150.00 and resin was around $100 for the panels but i had some left over. Its more of a time/labor issue. I was sick of buying door cards that just peel and bubble in three months.

The car has taken lots of work and all the carbon stuff takes for ever and it is itchy...... I have to template everything then lay up carbon, cut it, finish it blah blah haha.

I would consider selling some of this stuff. I am in the works of figuring out if i want to go ahead and make some things for sale, so if i do i will update or make a new thread for things i am selling!

Update:

I got everything done in primer today. I was wet sanding for far tooooooo long..... Hate sanding body work haha.

Here are some snap shots of the process. It was nice today so i sprayed them in the garage. I didn't feel like taking the hood to the shop.

Down side, i might have destroyed my Sperry's ...... we will see what some acetone has to say about that though......

Last edited by elliott95; 01-21-2012 at 09:41 PM.

My Cars
    e36 m3 Ls2, 318I, 325is
    wow nice work, i'm also very interested in the door panels, and also a back seat delete if you can make it. very nice work keep it up

My Cars
    "stock" 95 M3, 97 318ti
    Very nice! Any info on the door panels/roof panel.

Also, did you buy those LTWs from Tim?
    -Brandon

My Cars
    2003 M5, 1995 M3 GTR
    Mateo M3: I am actually in the process of making a rear seat delete but whether or not i will sell the parts i am making is still in the air. Its a maybe.

Southpaw: I made the door panels in my shop, the roof insert is off of Ebay. A nice forum member was selling the insert so i bought it and fixed it up.

Ask away on the door panels/sunroof insert if you have questions.

I have no idea who i got the LTW's from name wise. It was some random craigslist guy here in Denver, CO. I sold them to a guy on here from British Columbia.

My Cars
    95 M3, 99 528i M, 98 e39
    im in for pics of the rear seat delete! Project looks good! cant wait to see it finished.

1995 M3 Vortech Supercharged

My Cars
    vinyl wrapped 97 328is
    very nice work.

My Cars
    98 M3
    Subscribed and possibly interested in doors and intake.

Car is coming along great and look forward to seeing it complete

My Cars
    '95 M3, '94 325is
    Quote Originally Posted by elliott95 View Post

Propcar: Yes, i made the door panels and the trunk down at my shop. Really anything in carbon or fiberglass i made except the hood and wing. Thanks man!

Updates coming tonight
    could you make a step-by-step on how you make composite parts, including materials and sources for them. i need to make some door panels than will have the matching contours where the door meets the dash, but flat everywhere else and a flowing curve to the base of the side window. i plan on using modeling clay to get the form. your work looks great.
    David Ortiz

My Cars
    2003 M5, 1995 M3 GTR
    Thanks for all the great comments guys!!!

I will get back to all the PM's tonight

The rear seat delete is being designed.

Odortiz: Yes, i can do a write up for everyone. Its not that much work for the panels but the intake and trunk took some, time/planning/skill. Just an FYI you will probably want to use a foam but shaping clay might work.

I have gotten LOTS of people that want things so i am pretty sure i will be making this stuff for sale very soon. I would also love to teach people how to make it themselves though!

Thanks guys update later today,
    Elliott N

My Cars
    98 M3
    Aww man, not the Sperry's!!! I'm loving those door panels though.

My Cars
    95 M3
    if you can make your rear seat delete like the IDing power there would be interest for people to want to buy

My Cars
    1997 BMW M3 Coupe
    Very clean look in the engine bay and interior. Chalk another one up for interest in the door panels and rear seat delete.
    FA-18E
    97 M3
    85 911

My Cars
    1993 325is
    You think you might get the chance to "scale" this before bolting it back on? Also, did you paint it with spray bombs or a spray gun/compressor?
    Looks good!

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast