Thread: Anyone in Chicago, HELP!

Anyone in Chicago, HELP!

Now that I got your attention, where do you take your car for service / scheduled inspections? I've been told BMW Knauz is a good place (but far from the south side), and I've been thinking about going to Midwest Motorsport. Thanks!

My Cars
    2003 Mitsu Lancer Evo VIII, 2005 Chevy Z51 C6

Re: Anyone in Chicago, HELP!

Originally posted by crash
    Now that I got your attention, where do you take your car for service / scheduled inspections? I've been told BMW Knauz is a good place (but far from the south side), and I've been thinking about going to Midwest Motorsport. Thanks!
    I've been doing most of the maintenance myself, but I just had an Inspection done at Knauz BMW. Luckily it's close to my work. Excellent service. I've also been to Field's BMW. It's tough even trying to get someone on the phone to make a service appointment there. My cousins have been to Patrick BMW in Schaumburg but haven't been completely overwhelmed by the customer service.

Midwest Motorsports is a hit/miss thing. Most of the Chicagoland people either love Leo or hate him. I haven't had any personal experience with Midwest other than some email exchanges so I can't give a personal opinion about them.
    Rel
    1999 Titanium Silver ///M3 (SOLD)
    Conforti Intake, Shark Injector, AA Gen 3 Exhaust, AA Track Pipe, Koni SAs, H&R OE Sports, TC Kline RSMs, X-Brace, UUC TMEs, ZKWs w/HID, DDE Gen IV, Clears, NIKEN pedals, Pioneer DEH-P7000, Valentine One

2003 Tarmac Black Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
    Borla cat-back, AEM SRI, GReddy TT, Sony CDX-CA810X

2005 Lemans Blue Chevrolet Z51 Corvette

My Cars
    E39 M5

Thumbs up South Chicago area service

B & D Auto Import Service
    Ben Thongsai and his Dad
    Maywood, IL

$65.00 per hour

Ben is a BMWCCA member and autox driver

Midwest rates are higher then the dealer, why would you go there??
    Cheers

My Cars
    ?
    I know alot of people that use Al Valenzo at Patrick BMW in Schaumburg. Al preps Larry Wright's VERY, VERY fast E36 M3 BM Club Racer, as well as did alot of the prep on Scott Galaba's Supercharged MCoupe Club Racer. If I lived in the Chicagoland area Al would be my first choice.

Brian Leib

Thanks for the responses! Can always count on bimmerforums.com!

Re: Anyone in Chicago, HELP!

Originally posted by crash
    Even though it is an hour and fifteen minutes or so to drive out their, this is where I have always taken my car. They are the only mod friendly BMW dealer around my area.......

2001 Titanium Silver M3 (SOLD)

She will be missed : ..... But it is for the better