Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself and your F30

My Cars
    '16 328d Wagon, '11 335d
    Hi, our 2011 335d was joined on Monday by a CPO 2016 328d Sport Wagon. We have a VW TDI that will be going back to VW as soon as possible. This is its replacement. For awhile, two wagons in the driveway.

The 328d is Sapphire Black Metallic, Premium Package (black leather with red stitching), Cold Weather Package, Sport Package, Driver Assistance Package, Lighting Package, Storage Package, Navigation. It's very nice, but not the guts of the 335d. But it's the dog hauler, grocery getter. Very nice car for that!!

My Cars
    2015 335 M-sport, 6spd
    From Austin Texas, been a member of this forum since I purchased my first BMW back in early 2000. Since then I have owned a few BMW's that i've found interesting.

I currently have a special ordered 2015 335 M-sport in the following configuration:
    - Mineral Grey Metallic
    - Coral Red Dakota with walnut and silver trim
    - Adaptive M suspension and variable sport steering
    - 6-speed manual
    - BMS intake, wagner tuning catted DP and BMS JB4

Couple others:
    *Recently departed 2003 530i sport 5-speed.
    *1973 Fjord Blue BMW 2002 that I <3.
    *2006 2500HD, trailer hauler
    *Mazda CX5, family hauler

I track the 335 at least once a month and enjoy the hell out of it.

Cheers
    Last edited by arpecker; 07-29-2016 at 11:54 AM.

My Cars
    2013 BMW 335i M Sport
    Just picked up my first BMW yesterday!

2013 335i Black Sapphire Metallic
    M Sport Package
    Sport Seats
    Lights Package
    HUD
    M Aerodynamics Package

Of course the only day it rains in Phoenix is the day I pick the car up. Pictures to follow once it's clean.

My Cars
    No Bimmers . . . yet.
    Hello, another new member here. I am not currently an owner, I am looking for information. I currently have a diesel VW Sportwagen, and since it'll probably be going back to VW, I would like to replace it with another fuel efficient vehicle. The ability to get a diesel car with AWD really spiked my interest, and the option to have it all in another 'wagon really grabbed my interest.
    I am not actually in the earning bracket to be buying a new BMW, but the two year old models are priced very well. I've been looking online at the 2014 models, but by the time I sell back my car the 2015 or maybe 2016 models will be at the two year old point. (I read there were a couple changes to the 2016, to make them drive nicer.)

Anyway, it looks like I would be commuting more than 30,000 miles per year, and I am trying to learn how much the overall maintenance is going to cost. I can do oil changes, filters and brakes, so I can save myself some money there. What else do these cars need? How long do brakes last on these cars? What starts to wear out first, and at what mileage? Is there a mileage that once past the car is going to need a lot of very expensive maintenance?

Basically, are there any warnings you can give me?

Is it worth buying a CPO car?

Thanks!

My Cars
    335d, 328xd (had 330xi)
    Quote Originally Posted by GetMore View Post
    q's regarding F31 328xdt...

Anyway, it looks like I would be commuting more than 30,000 miles per year, and I am trying to learn how much the overall maintenance is going to cost. I can do oil changes, filters and brakes, so I can save myself some money there. What else do these cars need? How long do brakes last on these cars? What starts to wear out first, and at what mileage? Is there a mileage that once past the car is going to need a lot of very expensive maintenance?
    There hasn't been much discussion in the F30 and Advanced Diesel subforums on the 328xdt (or 328d). Bimmerfest has had several discussions (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/for...ysprune=&f=153) search there for 328d. Also, f30post (and e90post) have had discussions regarding them.

Driving 30K miles, you're talking about 3 oil changes, a fuel filter change, an air filter change per year. Rear brakes seem to last around 50K or so, fronts near 100K. Some other minor maintenance stuff; but most 328d are kind of low miles - only been here since 2013 or 2014 model year. Some time after 100K you probably should be checking the suspension components (bushings, etc.) Definitely watch the front CVJ boots for cracking.

My wife's is sitting 39.2 mpg in a 50/50 mixed city/freeway environment; people regularly get 45 mpg on the freeway.

My Cars
    2016 BMW 320i

My new 320i

Hello Everyone,

I decided to lease my first BMW last week and got a 320i with X-Drive. I love the car so far and look forward to learning more about BMWs through the community here!

The car is Alpine White with a black interior. It has the Premium, Sport and LED Lighting Packages. I will post a picture as soon as I can get one online, it won't let me import one from my PC...

My Cars
    2014 Silverado LTZ 6.2L
    Currently driving a 2013 328i xDrive, Sapphire Black Metallic and Black Leather. M Performance Exhaust is the only major thing done to it. Picking up a set of BBS RS-GT this weekend, followed by KW V1.
    RLTW

My Cars
    2013 BMW 328i Xdrive
    Just picked up an f30 328i 6 weeks ago. Located in New Jersey

My Cars
    2014 328d Xdrive
    Good morning all. Subscribed yesterday and am fired up to tell you that on Tuesday I'll pick up my CPO '14 328d Xdrive. Embroiled in the VW scandal, was SO close to buying a hybrid, thought I'd check local BMW dealer's website...and there it was. Black with 30K miles and I'm not lying my absolute dream car. I've had mustangs since I was old enough to drive (5 of them), but I have a 120 mile daily commute (and a 9 year old son) and when I registered and saw what I was getting from VW this is an absolute no brainer. Even though I pick it up Tuesday I'm sad to report that I'm going to garage it until the VW is bought back. I'm sure I'll drive it at least once a week or so...zero chance I just leave it alone. I researched (and researched more) wasn't sure what to do, really do love my Passat, but dream car plus AWD plus 45 mpg for just a little bit out of pocket...ChaChing. Thought the satellite radio deal was odd, first offer denied but they countered with one price and then said for another 500 I could have satellite radio. Long(er) story short, satellite radio added and I'm just chomping at the bit for Tuesday to get here.

Kicker...saw a buddy of mines dad a couple nights ago, asked him if he'd had good luck and what his overall thoughts were (he's a huge fan) and he told me about 2 complete sets of winter wheels he had with RFTs, told me to come out and look them over. I said I would and told him to give some thought to what he might ask for them. He told me to come look them over, pick out which set I liked (they both fit) and just 'get them out of his way.'

I'm 47 years old and literally wanted a 3 series since I was old enough to drive. Tuesday can't get here soon enough. Any advice or help is welcomed, I'll be checking in frequently. Sorry to be so long winded, really not my style. I kid you not, Tuesday is like Christmas morning for me, and that's a good feeling. Have a great day to everyone who has read this, talk to you all soon.

My Cars
    2013 BMW 335is
    Hey Guys!

Haven't logged on in years. Had bought my first BMW in 2012 last time I posted I believe.

I now have landed in Southern California and just picked up a 2013 certified used BMW 335is. It's in mint condition and I absolutely love it. It's red in color. I just downloaded the app so will try post some pictures. Feels good to be back. In the last few years I have had that 2008 Z4, a 2001 330ci (biggest money pit on the planet for me) and most recently had a 2012 Z4 sDrive28i. I love this 335is. Thanks!

My Cars
    2017 328dx F31
    Hi all

Picked up my new 328d x-drive about a month ago and have over 4500 miles on it already. Mineral white metallic, venetian beige leather, the usual (for this area) cold weather, driver assistance, premium packages. The luxury package with the 18" wheels add a nice touch.

This is actually my third BMW. The first two were a 1600 and a 2002tii in the 1970's, before the general public caught on to these cars and the prices skyrocketed beyond this school teacher's budget. And now, like a lot of you, I'm coming out of VW/Audi TDIs because of the diesel emissions scandal. I figured I'd better not wait for the buyback to get my diesel Bimmer because there's going to be a lot of TDI owners with ready cash about that time and the competition could be fierce. I see many others are apparently following the same reasoning.

Glad to be back in Bimmerland after all these years. Understandably, people try to compare these cars to TDIs but in reality there is no comparison. The 328d is in an entirely different class, as it should be for a car costing twice as much. The whole driving experience is entirely different, and better in every way, but the thing that most boggles my mind is that the 328's exterior, and even most interior, dimensions, are within an inch of a VW Jetta. Now that is awesome!

My Cars
    BMW 340i M Sport Touring
    New to F30 forum after having a F21 M135i, family expansion dictated a larger car. Loved the M135i so wanted more of the same, enter 340i M Sport Touring, both myself and partner now very happy :-)
    New next to old...
    http://

My Cars
    2016 BMW 328ix
    Die hard Mercedes guy until I picked up my 2016 328ix. So far it's been a pleasure to drive.

Debating on whether the M grille strips I put on the grille are too much. May have them painted to reflect the German flag colors. Thoughts?

328ix
    Jet Black
    Black Interior
    OEM Rear Spoiler painted to match the car
    Black OEM front grilles
    Nav
    etc., etc., etc.,

My Cars
    2014 335d Xdrive GT
    Just picked up my 335d Xdrive GT last week after a string of Audis and the odd Merc. Mightily impressed with this car ! If I knew how to post a picture from a URL ! would :-)

My Cars
    2013 Dodge Avenger
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHead714 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I decided to lease my first BMW last week and got a 320i with X-Drive. I love the car so far and look forward to learning more about BMWs through the community here!

The car is Alpine White with a black interior. It has the Premium, Sport and LED Lighting Packages. I will post a picture as soon as I can get one online, it won't let me import one from my PC...
    I am currently in the same situation where I am looking to lease my first BMW and am looking into the 2016 320i. If you don't mind, what deal did you get on your lease so I have something to compare to what I am looking at right now?

My Cars
    2015 BMW 335i Sedan
    Just wanted to introduce myself since I am now the proud owner of a 2015 BMW 335i sedan. I traded in my 2016 Subaru WRX STi on the purchase of the 335i. While I loved the STi, it didn't have the most pleasant suspension for passengers. I also found myself driving into "lose your license" territory way too much. The STi just wasn't that fun unless you were pushing it and it was always begging you to push it. That is not to say the is anything wrong with the 335i. On the contrary, it is very good. The one I purchased had the Sport Line package, the M Sport Suspension, Premium Package, Technology Package, Lighting Package, and Driver's Assistance (basic). As far as the bells and whistles, the 335i has it beats hands down. There are only 3 things that I miss about the STi. 1) The AWD, 2) The Seats, 3) The headlights. I haven't got to push the 335i yet (not like I did the STi) but it feels like it handles well. Nice firm, sporty ride, but yet way more comfortable than the STi. The more I drive the 335, the more I like it. I feel very good about my choice and look forward to many years of enjoyment.

Look forward to learning about the car through the forum.

Steve

My Cars
    2017 BMW 340i M Sport
    Time to introduce myself...I recently picked up a 2017 BMW 340i M Sport in Munich after driving a 2004 BMW 325i for over 12 years. Both have been great cars, though one only has a few thousand kilometers on it so far. Driving in Germany puts it to the test! I just swapped out my summer performance tires for my winter version...so I have a very different looking car depending on the season.

Estoril Blue with Saddle Brown Leather interior
    Driver Assistance Plus
    Navigation Package
    M Sport Package
    Track Handling Package
    Cold Weather Package
    Lighting Package
    442M Summer Tires/405M Black Winter Tires

Cheers!
    Alex

My Cars
    2016 328d Xdrive M
    Well I'm back again. I used to have a '97 540i. Sold that years back.
    Was actually in the market for an X5 35d. Went to the local dealership yesterday to check one out, and it literally drove off the lot a half hour earlier. Day late and a dollar short I guess.
    But the rep asked me if I had thought about the 328d xdrive. I hadn't even seen one before.
    The minute I saw it, I fell in love.
    2016 CPO Glacier Silver Metallic M sport package with Black interior.
    Cold weather package, comfort access package, driver assist package, heated front and rear seats, heated steering wheel, LED headight and fog lights, M sport and M sport 337 packages, M steering wheel, Nav, PDC, Premium package, rear camera.... Seriously, the list goes on and on.

At first I was more or less humoring him by taking a look. But that quickly changed. Man what a car! Not a race car by any means, but extremely peppy! lol.

Anyway, will post pics later. Was dark when I got home tonight, so pics suck.
    This is the actual car, dealer image.

Was classic, I told my buddy I bought a wagon. He laughed at me and asked if it came with a purse.
    I swung by his house and showed it to him.
    His response?
    "Damn!"

Anyway, back to be back in the "Bavarian" way...

My Cars
    2013 BMW 328i
    Hello - My name is Michael - From the Atlanta Ga area.....just got my 2013 BMW 328I about 2 1/2 weeks ago.....2nd BMW I have owned in the past 8 years. I am really loving this car and look forward to interacting with everyone on the forum. As soon as I can figure out how to post pics I will post them up.
    Last edited by 328MikeP; 11-12-2016 at 10:01 PM.

My Cars
    2015 BMW 435i xDrive GC
    Hi,

My name is Anand and I am from the Netherlands. Today I signed for a 2015 BMW 435i xdrive gran coupe. Can't wait! Getting the car on December 15th.

I have always wanted a BMW but when I was working for an employer, my lease budget was never large enough in order to get the car I wanted. Now that I have my own business, 6 cilinder twin turbo is the way to go for me!
    I am thinking of chiptuning it after 4-5 months, but first I want to enjoy the 306BHP as it is.

Just 1 month to go...

Cheers!

My Cars
    2014 328d
    Hows it going guys. Wanted to take this oppurtunity to introduce myself.
    I currently drive a 2014 328d, but on monday Im picking up my new 340 so I though the time was right to get on here since I intend to really make this car my own this time round and I look forward to learning the dos and donts when it comes to sinking money into a bimmer from all of you

My Cars
    BMW 320d Touring (F31)
    Hello from accross the pond, the Netherlands.

Picked up a 2013 F31 320d in October. Mineral grey metallic with a beige Dakota leather interior, 8-gear steptronic automatic gear box, Navi pro, 18" Styling 396 wheels.

Since the purchase I have already added tinted windows and black kidney grills.

I will be adding the light sensor, although my dealer tells me the required harness is missing . I do have the solar/condensation sensor installed for the automatic airco.

For the summer tires I have bought these wheels:

My Cars
    08 E90 335i
    Hello all,

Since I got rid of my Z4 and traded in my 08 335i (I still miss it) I've been retooling for a while with jobs going BK, buying a new house, starting over in my field, new training and opportunities and working my ass off the last 5 years. Finally got back into the family....A new 340i M sport is living in the garage! I had to "make do" with a 2012 5.0 Mustang which I ordered from ford and really loved. It was sad to trade it in but someone else will be enjoying it now.

I went into the dealership on Sunday to get a M240i, but saw the 340i with the M sport package and it just turned my head...it was gorgeous compared to the 2. I'll post some pics this weekend and write up some noticeable differences between the 335i and the 340i. The car only has 40 miles as I drove it home and parked it, but I'm very interested to see if it is as quick as my N54 335i or the 5.0.

My Cars
    2015 BMW 330d xDrive
    Hello folks.

Just bought my first beamer . My previous Daily Drive was an Audi A3 Quattro 2.0TFSI but it had started to cause problems:

Used Approved, within first year Turbo went (fixed (after much fighting with Audi) under warranty) as did all the Coil Packs later on (also fixed).
    The Bose system sounded crap so changed front speakers to Focal components and added an Alpine powered sub. Ever since adding the sub (despite no ground loop problems) got intermittent whine through speakers every now and then. Must've taken the boot apart 20+ times over the months but was never able to permanently cure it. Left Sub in because even the whine was better than the poor tupperware container Bose considers a sub .
    Quattro serviced in Summer, then died. For those that don't know, if the engine is transversely mounted, it isn't a "proper" quattro but is simply a rebadged 4motion Haldex system. Pump went so effectively only FWD and would cost circa £600 to fix .
    Also, over the past year it's needed new tyres, new deep cycle battery, brakes service (even though low mileage) along with poor fuel consumption.

Faced with these bills and the possibility of further things rearing their ugly heads I decided to sell it and started looking for a 1-2yo car that I could get 4-5yrs (relatively) trouble free motoring from:

• "Step Up" to a "true" quattro A4 (2.0 tdi) - best AWD system but boring car and expensive as I can't stand the old cabin (so would've needed a 2016 car). Cheapest one with all the options about £27k
    • MB C-class with 4matic - rare to get the new C class in 4matic guise that isn't an estate - Cheapest one with all the options about £28k min
    • 3 or 4 series xdrive diesel - The 4 series spec'd same as 3 was always about 3k more at about £28-29k
    • Rather than "step up" to the above, "side step"? to new Merc A class either 250 4matic or 220d or a CLA? - have you seen the cheap interiors? Well not completely cheap but go sit in one and try and convince yourself the aircon dials are NOT from a kinder surprise egg - It's a bloody merc not a Hyundai - Cheapest one about £25k

Faced with these and a few other options I realised that for the price, I could get a 3 series......so I did (my first one).

2015 (1.5yrs old ~15000mi) 330d MSport Plus with the Advanced Parking and Media Packs and heated front seats. The only thing it lacks is folding wing mirrors so I'll see if I can do without them or not and then possibly pursue a retrofit (got used to them in the Audi - hell even my old Honda Jazz had folding wing mirrors )

Bought last week (BMW dealership Used Approved - up in Scotland (visiting in-laws so popped in for a look)), had it delivered with tank of diesel and 1 years tax during the week :

Sport Plus mode is a nice

Now I just need to find the correct EQ settings and figure out how to use the whole media thingy.

....oh, and even though I've driven plenty, it's also my first diesel to own so I'm hoping I don't forget at fill up time .
    Last edited by Gafferlicious; 05-21-2018 at 02:00 AM.

My Cars
    2013 F30, 328i
    Hello, the name is John. I am a Mercedes guy by nature, but just purchased a used 2013 F30 for the Mrs. A Silver 328i with 28k miles.
    I am searching the forums now for a couple answers to questions I have.
    Cheers.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast