Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself and your F30

My Cars
    2013 330d Touring xDrive
    New F31 owner introducing myself: 330d SE Touring xDrive - Still running in with only 600 miles on the clock. One initial shot, taken in-between rainstorms, but weather has been terrible, so outdoor pics will have to wait a bit ...

Straight-six Diesel 3.0 litre 258bhp; Sports 8-speed Auto; Mineral Grey metallic; Sunroof; Venetian Beige Dakota leather & Burr Walnut interior; Packages: Visibility, Interior comfort, Business Media, Advanced Parking, BMW Audio; Panoramic Sunroof; Electric Sports Seats & Lumbar. Tyres: Summer 17" Continentals on V-Spoke 395 / Winter 17" Pirelly Sottoxero Serie II on V-Spoke 413.
    Last edited by msej449; 11-06-2013 at 12:58 PM.

My Cars
    2014 328d
    On 31 October, I drove home with my New 2014 328d Sedan!! Awesome Car. My First BMW!!!!

My Cars
    '14 BMW 328i Sport Wagon
    Just picked up my 2014 328i X-Drive Sports Wagon!

Metallic grey with Coral Red leather interior, looks awesome.
    M-Sport package.
    Went with black front grilles and black wheels. Very sharp.

My second BMW after my '84 323i Euro edition that lasted me all through HS and college before hitting a deer going 75mph. Ouch. Couple cars since then but back in a BMW now!

My Cars
    2013 BMW X5
    pics or didn't happen.

My Cars
    21 M3 6MT Dravit/KO/ZPP
    Hi Guys,
    Finally made the switch to the F30. Summary in my sig. Details here:
    http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...r-an-old-timer

See you around.
    Current Car (delivered 20/10/21): 2021 G80 M3; 6MT; DravitGrau/Kyalami Orange/Black Extended Merino; Permium Pkg (ZPP); 826M bicolor wheels; Black M Compound brakes; Sunroof (yes no CF roof)
    (more pictures here)

Previous Cars: 2018 F30 340ix 6MT Msport(Dec 2017 - Sep 2021); 2013 F30 335ix 6MT Msport (Nov 2013-17); 2011 e90 328i 6MT ZSP (Aug 10-Nov 13); 07 e90-323i ZSP (May 07 - Aug 10); 97-318ti ZSP (Feb 97 - May 07)

"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens", Friedrich von Schiller -- "Life is simple, people make it complicated", Me (About me)

My Cars
    M135i LCI Xd 2016
    Hi all,

I'm Kris and i live in Belgium.... i have to admit i am a BMW addict....

I have 4 Beamers at this time, the first i have is a 1999 - E37 Z3, a 2004 - E85 Z4, a 2008 - E91 118d for the wife and the F31 330d for myself as a daily driver.

Beamers that are sold : my first ever 1996 - E36 325i, 1997 - E37 Z3, 1999 - E46 328Ci

My F31 is a 330d from 5/2013 and it have the next specs:

Saphire black
    Leather Dakota black
    Black liner

Auto dim mirrors
    Storage package
    Center arm rest
    PDC
    Rain & light sensor
    Light package

Nav prof + rearview cam
    Handsfree + usb

Sportstear
    Sport gear
    Sportseats
    Seat heating
    M-Sport
    M403 summer rims
    397 winter rims

Tinted windows

Xenons

Active cruisecontrol with stop & go

So thats it

My Cars
    2014 320i Xdrive
    James, Just bought a 2014 320i Xdrive. Alpine white. Love it.

My Cars
    2013 BMW F31 330d xDrive
    Hi All,

I'm new to the forum. I've had my car since May this year and I now have around 9,500 miles on the clock. After have a few problem with the car in the early day I'm very happy with my purchase. I've never had a brand new car before or owned a BMW. Below is the spec for the car. If I knew how to upload photos I would, but I don't. Sorry.

BMW F31 330d xDrive M Sport Touring

Valencia Orange
    18” M Light Alloy Wheels Star-spoke style 400M with mixed tyres

Black Merino Leather - BMW Individual

Packages
    Interior Comfort Package
    Advanced Parking Package
    Visibility Package
    Active Security Package
    Media Package - BMW Professional

Options
    Heads Up Display
    Loudspeaker system - Harman/Kardon surround sound
    Internet
    Enhanced Bluetooth telephone preparation with USB audio interface & voice control
    Model designation deletion
    Towbar, fully electric
    Panoramic glass sunroof
    Sun protection glass
    Exterior mirrors - folding, auto dimming
    Steering wheel heating
    Lumbar support, driver and front passenger
    Seat heating, front
    TV function
    Active cruise control with “stop and go” function
    Sport automatic gearbox
    Adaptive M Sport suspension
    Variable sports steering
    Comfort access
    Surround view
    Speed limit display

Other Items
    Black Kidney Grilles x2
    Black Tailpipe Covers x2
    M Performance interior in Alcantara & Carbon Fibre

My Cars
    435i

Back Where I Started

My first New car was a 1971 BMW 2002, sadly I only had it for 30 days before I totaled it while stationed in Germany. The 2002 was replaced with an identical one that lasted for three years until it was totaled when someone ran into me from behind while I was stooped at a traffic light.

Hit a dry spell on BMWs until 1986 when I bought a K100RS. This bike was sweet, however, I wasn't as good as I thought I was and wrecked it twice. The first time on the Autobahn in Germany. Brought it to the states and sold it at a profit!

i've had numerous sports/sporty cars since that first bimmer. The latest was a 2012 Audi A5, with APR Stage 2. Was ready to move to an S5 when I decided to check on the new 4 series. Local BMW dealer had one 435i on the lot that had everything I wanted/needed. However, it just did not look as good as the A5. The interior was another matter, heads above the Audi. The day after Christmas I went to order the S5. I had researched extensively the 435i and when compared to the S5 it looked to be a pretty good contender. I was still fixated on the external looks of the Audi.

On the way to the Audi dealer I decided to stop at the BMW dealer to take one last look. Two hours later I drove home in my new 435i. My wife hopes I've left my old ways with bimmers in the past.

Here's what I drove home: 435i AT, Black Saphire Metallic, M Sport, Black Dakota Leather, Cold Weather Package, Driver Assistance Package, Premium Package, and the Technology Package.

Do I still think the Audi looks better? YES! Do I have any regrets? NOT A ONE!
    Last edited by Pungschter; 12-29-2013 at 08:53 PM.

My Cars
    2013 BMW X5
    Quote Originally Posted by Pungschter View Post
    Here's what I drove home: 435i AT
    What does AT mean?

My Cars
    98 M Rdstr
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary J View Post
    What does AT mean?

Automatic Transmission

'98 RMS stage 2+++++(491whp/390tq VAC cams, CES Cutring-9:1, Built blower, Meth etc)
    '09 Saab 9-5 Combi 5mt 1 of 1(Built Motor, Brembos, LSD, the works!)
    '22 Cadillac CT4-V BlackWing 6mt
    '22 Cadillac CT4 2.0T Sport AWD (wife's)

My Cars
    2013 BMW X5
    as in the only kind you can get?

My Cars
    98 M Rdstr
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary J View Post
    as in the only kind you can get?
    No..

6spd manual is available in RWD/XDrive 435 and RWD 428.

'98 RMS stage 2+++++(491whp/390tq VAC cams, CES Cutring-9:1, Built blower, Meth etc)

My Cars
    2013 BMW 328i
    Double post.
    Last edited by PNP328i; 01-09-2014 at 01:36 PM.

My Cars
    2013 BMW 328i
    Hello all my name is Peter and this is my first BMW, it's a 2013 328i in Black Sapphire..CPO car. I picked it up in Houston yesterday, it was spotless but the 300 mile trip home has it looking a little dull. I was very happy to see it average 35.3 mpg's om the hwy running 80-85 for most of the trip.

Last edited by PNP328i; 01-09-2014 at 01:38 PM.

My Cars
    2014 328i Sedan
    Hey y'all!

Just got my first BMW, a 2014 328i sport line in Mineral White.

Love the black interior with red stitching!

My wife dailies it to work and loves it. I think it is a bit expensive for what it is but she fell in love with it and honestly I quite like too.

Teaser pic included. Like the 18" wheels in this package! The others seem a bit lame.

Cheers!

My Cars
    2014 328i Sedan

Updated pic after my friend at iwaxautodetail went through it

Love this color!!!

My Cars
    2014 BMW 328i
    2014 328i. Jet Black with "Peanut Butter in the middle" interior.
    1st BMW, 1st brand new car.
    I spent the 18-20 dollars on the Consumer Reports pricing guide, and because I had that, I was able to negotiate an additional $400 off the final price they were willing to sell.
    Love Love Love my Bimmer ... a "sight" upgrade from my 1995 Nissan Altima.

My Cars
    335xi
    Well... not new to the forum, but I've been away quite a long time. Recently picked up a 2014 328i xDrive sport line in black sapphire metallic. I started in 2001 with a 98' dakar yellow e36 M3 then moved on to a black sapphire 07' 335xi when it first came out and just two weeks ago that car, after 150,000 miles, decided to have all sorts of things begin to fail - valve gasket (oil leaking onto exhaust manifold and created a nice oil burning smell in the cabin), all four shocks began leaking hydraulic fluid, coolant expansion tank began leaking, front thrust bushings were worn out, and a possible crack in the valve cover... all that after having poured $5k into it the year before on things like a 4x4 servo motor, new water pump, new transmission pan (original began leaking), regular maintenance services, etc... enough was enough. As much as I adored that car and took care of it, it no longer made sense. When a car's maintenance cost exceeds its value I begin to consider my options. I expect this new model to exceed the reliability of the 07/08' 335's, which was poor at best.

A quick little review. The 328i is fast, though not quite as fast as the 335 obviously. Its handling is taking some getting used after coming from the hydraulic systems of old. This new electronic steering is interesting. Its quite light at low speed and begins to stiffen up as you increase speed. I've noticed that sport/sport+ modes amplify this effect. I'd say its fine for the most part, the car feels more agile than the 335xi it replaces, whether that is actually the case or not - hard to tell. The car does feel a bit 'floaty' and not quite as planted as the 335 but overall I enjoy the ride. When i've pushed the car around turns, off ramps and such, I feel the xDrive kicking in and shifting power around - seems a sportier more lively version of xDrive than I remember. In any event I think the floaty feeling I have at normal speeds on the highway disappears when I push it. Must just be the way they tuned the suspension. Oh, and apparently I do not have the 'sport suspension' because I didn't get the dynamic handling package with the car. Had I known I did not have the sport suspension when I bought the 'Sport Line'... I might have opted for a M-Sport xDrive that was on the lot. Not terribly happy about that, but I didn't learn of this till a few days after purchase and browsing these forums. The salesmen was also misinformed as I have read is often the case. Next time I will know better. I love the tech and the interior I believe to be much nicer than the e90. Overall, very pleased with the purchase except for the sport suspension hiccup.

And the pics...if I can get them to work...

And a throw back to my m3... they didn't have iphone 5's back then so the picture is not terribly good.
    Last edited by jdneenja; 02-11-2014 at 04:57 PM.

My Cars
    335xi
    Well... not new to the forum, but I've been away quite a long time. Recently picked up a 2014 328i xDrive sport line in black sapphire metallic. I started in 2001 with a 98' dakar yellow e36 M3 then moved on to a black sapphire 07' 335xi when it first came out and just two weeks ago that car, after 150,000 miles, decided to have all sorts of things begin to fail - valve gasket (oil leaking onto exhaust manifold and created a nice oil burning smell in the cabin), all four shocks began leaking hydraulic fluid, coolant expansion tank began leaking, front thrust bushings were worn out, and a possible crack in the valve cover... all that after having poured $5k into it the year before on things like a 4x4 servo motor, new water pump, new transmission pan (original began leaking), regular maintenance services, etc... enough was enough. As much as I adored that car and took care of it, it no longer made sense. When a car's maintenance cost exceeds its value I begin to consider my options. I expect this new model to exceed the reliability of the 07/08' 335's, which was poor at best.

A quick little review. The 328i is fast, though not quite as fast as the 335 obviously. Its handling is taking some getting used after coming from the hydraulic systems of old. This new electronic steering is interesting. Its quite light at low speed and begins to stiffen up as you increase speed. I've noticed that sport/sport+ modes amplify this effect. I'd say its fine for the most part, the car feels more agile than the 335xi it replaces, whether that is actually the case or not - hard to tell. The car does feel a bit 'floaty' and not quite as planted as the 335 but overall I enjoy the ride. When i've pushed the car around turns, off ramps and such, I feel the xDrive kicking in and shifting power around - seems a sportier more lively version of xDrive than I remember. In any event I think the floaty feeling I have at normal speeds on the highway disappears when I push it. Must just be the way they tuned the suspension. Oh, and apparently I do not have the 'sport suspension' because I didn't get the dynamic handling package with the car. Had I known I did not have the sport suspension when I bought the 'Sport Line'... I might have opted for a M-Sport xDrive that was on the lot. Not terribly happy about that, but I didn't learn of this till a few days after purchase and browsing these forums. The salesmen was also misinformed as I have read is often the case. Next time I will know better. I love the tech and the interior I believe to be much nicer than the e90. Overall, very pleased with the purchase except for the sport suspension hiccup.

And a throw back to my m3... they didn't have iphone 5's back then so the picture is not terribly good.

My Cars
    335xi

My Cars
    98 M Rdstr
    Quote Originally Posted by jdneenja View Post

Just an FYI, no matter what line you choose, even M-Sport, if it is xDrive it has the squishy suspension. The ONLY offering to improve the xDrive from the factory is DHP. BUT H&R has a spring people like a lot for xDrive and Dinan has xDrive springs coming in a few weeks.

My Cars
    F30 335i EBII
    Hey everyone,

Just joined the forum, here's my car! Picked it up at the beginning of this year

2014 F30 335i
    M Package
    Estoril Blue II
    Premium Package
    19" 403M wheels
    Tech Package
    Driver Assistance Package
    Sport Auto Transmission
    M Sport Brakes
    Black Kidney Grilles

hopefully the pictures worked :P

My Cars
    F30 335i EBII
    Hi! Just joined the forum and saw everyone sharing their cars here. Thought I would too so here we go

2014 F30 335i
    Estoril Blue II
    M Package
    Premium Package
    Technology Package
    Driver Asst. Package
    19" 403M wheels
    Sport Auto Transmission (Also recently installed the CF shifter )
    M Sport Brakes

As part of the deal the dealer also installed black kidney grills for me

Thanks!

I hope the pictures worked...

My Cars
    2012 335i
    I bought a 2012 335i in mineral grey almost a year ago it was a CPO car 11 mo. Old with 14,000 miles and it is a dream to drive it is the modern edition with beige leather and carpet. I have the matching carpet mats and a set of black also. The black look really good on the beige carpet. Check it out for yourself. I wasn't crazy about the steering response with the run flat tires but it's not so bad good grip and they wear well. When it's time to replace them I'll look at my alternatives. I hear all about the numbness in steering but I feel you'd feel the limits of adhesion better when you feel the sidewalks flex on a good set of non-run flats probably firmer springs will be needed to make up for the lack of stiffness in the sidewalls that the run-flats have in spades. Excellent car highly recommend the straight six if you are going to keep the car a long time.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast