Thread: F33 440i Conv Water Problems

My Cars
    F33 440i Conv M Perf

F33 440i Conv Water Problems

Hi All

So I have a load of water in my boot which I have managed to drain most of it out. Trouble is I now have the following issues:

• No warning tones error - Suspected Amp blown, currently drying out.
    • Park Assist warning message saying Park Yourself and no rear camera
    • Convertible top wont come down with a roof unlatched error

I removed the Convertible hood control unit and dried that out but I am still only getting the windows going down and then nothing. Is there anything else that is likely to of blown that would affect this that I can check?

Also where is the Park Assist control unit in the F33 440i convertible?

With that much water in the boot do you think there could be a different issue that is affecting all of these components?

I am currently waiting on a female torx so I can remove the metal panel that is holding the foam unit in place so I can remove all of this and get a better view of how much water is still in there and see any other components that might be there..

I already had the car back at BMW for additional drainage holes to be made, due to the rear quarter panels filling up with water but I assume they didn't check the boot or I still have a leak.

I will probably take it back to BMW but its not under warranty and I'm sure they will say the boot was checked for water when they added the additional drainage holes. This is likely going to cost me a kidney so if I have to get the parts individually I will do that and fit them myself.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks!

My Cars
    F33 440i Conv M Perf

Update F33 Water Issues

Ok So I have an update on this.

1. I have found the Park assist unit, it was soaked and had water all inside it, literally a river came out. Currently it's sitting on a radiator drying out.

2. I have found that inside that foam casing is what I think to be the convertible roof pump?. The foam is soaked through. I have removed the foam, wrung it out and its also drying on the radiator.
    As for the pump itself I have attached a photo, what is all that green gunk around the terminals of the relays?, it seems to wipe off. Should I just dry all this out and hope for the best? should I spray some contact cleaner on it??
    Also do you think the relays are likely the cause of the roof not operating? would they get damaged by water?

I assume there has been years of condensation inside the boot as like I said it had the rear quarter panels filling with water previously which was fixed by BMW. They did advise I should maybe put a dehumidifier in there.

Many thanks for any advice.
    Attached Images Attached Images