Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself and your F30

My Cars
    21 M3 6MT Dravit/KO/ZPP

Introduce yourself and your F30

*** NOTE: This is a placeholder for now. ***

With the F30 set to be available soon, we'd like to give new owners the opportunity to introduce themselves and their new cars to the bimmerforum community.

Please note that this thread is for the sole purpose of introducing yourself and your new F30 to the community. Any questions should be posted in a separate thread. Ideally you should do a search and update an existing thread if a similar topic was discussed before, otherwise feel free to start a new thread. Questions here will most probably go unanswered.

A warm welcome to all new members. Feel free to contribute and as always, please respect and follow our forum rules.

Current Car (delivered 20/10/21): 2021 G80 M3; 6MT; DravitGrau/Kyalami Orange/Black Extended Merino; Permium Pkg (ZPP); 826M bicolor wheels; Black M Compound brakes; Sunroof (yes no CF roof)
    (more pictures here)

Previous Cars: 2018 F30 340ix 6MT Msport(Dec 2017 - Sep 2021); 2013 F30 335ix 6MT Msport (Nov 2013-17); 2011 e90 328i 6MT ZSP (Aug 10-Nov 13); 07 e90-323i ZSP (May 07 - Aug 10); 97-318ti ZSP (Feb 97 - May 07)

"Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens", Friedrich von Schiller -- "Life is simple, people make it complicated", Me (About me)

My Cars
    2012 328i sedan
    On February 25th, I ordered a 2012 328i Sedan:

• Exterior - mineral grey metallic
    • Interior - Dakota Everest Grey Leather with Brushed Aluminum trim and Black highlights
    • Premium Package
    • Premium Sound Package
    • Sport Line
    • STEPTRONIC automatic transmission
    • Split fold-down rear seat
    • Xenon headlights

My current car is a 2007 328i Sedan. Comparing the 2012 prices to those for 2007:

• Base price: $2,500 or 8% higher
    • Paint: $75 or 16% higher
    • Premium Package: $450 or 145 higher
    • Fold-Down Rear Seat: same price
    • Xenon headlights: $100 or 13% higher
    • Premium Sound: $250 or 21% lower
    • Destination: $200 or 29% higher

I was quoted a six-week (42 day) build schedule for this Georgia delivery. Here are the steps in that process and the actual dates:

• Place Order - February 25th (day 0)
    • Order Entered into database - February 27th (day 2)
    • Order documented - ?
    • Production Begins - March 2 (day 6)
    • Production Ends - March 9 (day 13)
    • En Route to the US - March 20 (day 24)
    • Finishing Touches - April 3 (day 38)
    • At Your BMW Dealer - April 9 (day 44)

My 328i came with Pirelli Cinturato P7 tires.
    Last edited by GVLBob; 04-12-2012 at 05:26 PM.

My Cars
    2012 BMW 328i
    2012 328i
    Picked Up 20 Feb 2012
    Exterior - Melbourne Red
    Interior - Leather Dakota Black/Red, High Gloss black trim/Coral accent
    Sport Line
    Premium Package
    Technology Package
    Sport automatic transmission
    BMW assist w/enhanced BT&USB
    BMW Apps
    PDC
    Heated steering wheel
    Satellite radio
    Smartphone integration
    Rear View Camera
    HUD
    NAV

My Cars
    F30 328i Sedan
    2012 BMW 328i Sedan

Ordered 3/19/12

• Exterior: Black Sapphire Metallic
    • Interior: Leather Dakota Black/Red highlight, High-Gloss Black trim
    • Sport Line
    • Manual Transmission
    • Technology Package
    • Premium Sound Package
    • BMW Assist/Enhanced Bluetooth
    • Split fold-down-rear seat
    • BMW Handbrake Grip-Sport Line

My Cars
    2012 328i

Smile New BMW Owner

Well after looking at the Audi 5, Infinity G37, Mecerdes-Benz C250, I finally pulled the trigger on the BMW 328i Sedan. This will be my first BMW. The dealer told me that my car is at the Port of NJ and the car should be at the dealership by this weekend and I should hopefully have the car by beginning of next week. Needless to say I can't wait. I live in Long Island, NY. I'm new to this forum and just wanted to say hello to everyone and introduce myself. I'll post pic's once I receive the car. Any advice will be gladly accepted. Just a few questions. Is there a break in period? If so what do you recommend. Also I know nothing about tinting the car windows but I would like to. Again any suggestions? How much to tint?? Does anyone know of any good shops on Long Island?? Below are the spec's:

Black Saphire Metallic
    High Gloss Black Trim
    Leather Black/Red Highlight
    Sport Line
    18" Double Spoke Wheels
    Cold Weather Package
    Premium Package
    Premium Sound
    Technology Package
    Split FoldDown Rear Seat
    Heated Steering Wheel
    Moon Roof
    Power Seats
    Heated Seats
    Window Shades
    BMW Apps
    Alarm
    BMW Assist
    Xeon Headlights

My Cars
    2007 Hyundai Sonata
    Quote Originally Posted by Rottikid View Post
    Well after looking at the Audi 5, Infinity G37, Mecerdes-Benz C250, I finally pulled the trigger on the BMW 328i Sedan. This will be my first BMW. The dealer told me that my car is at the Port of NJ and the car should be at the dealership by this weekend and I should hopefully have the car by beginning of next week. Needless to say I can't wait. I live in Long Island, NY. I'm new to this forum and just wanted to say hello to everyone and introduce myself. I'll post pic's once I receive the car. Any advice will be gladly accepted. Just a few questions. Is there a break in period? If so what do you recommend. Also I know nothing about tinting the car windows but I would like to. Again any suggestions? How much to tint?? Does anyone know of any good shops on Long Island?? Below are the spec's:

Black Saphire Metallic
    High Gloss Black Trim
    Leather Black/Red Highlight
    Sport Line
    18" Double Spoke Wheels
    Cold Weather Package
    Premium Package
    Premium Sound
    Technology Package
    Split FoldDown Rear Seat
    Heated Steering Wheel
    Moon Roof
    Power Seats
    Heated Seats
    Window Shades
    BMW Apps
    Alarm
    BMW Assist
    Xeon Headlights
    The "tintmaster" recommends Madico (get a ceramic type) and get it done on a shop that'll honor its tint warranty.

My Cars
    2012 BMW 335i
    Just brought home my new 2012 335i. Always wanted one, now is got it.

Pictures later if I can stop driving it long enough

My Cars
    2012 BMW 335i
    Just got a call from my dealer with news that my car (2012 335i) is currently in production. He said it should be out of production the week of April 16. Anyone know how long transit time is from Munich to the US? Really excited now!

My Cars
    2012 328i sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by Deinonych View Post
    Just got a call from my dealer with news that my car (2012 335i) is currently in production. He said it should be out of production the week of April 16. Anyone know how long transit time is from Munich to the US? Really excited now!
    In my post, I've given the time for the various steps in the build and delivery of my 328i.
    • build - 7 days
    • sit at port awaiting loading on the ship - 9 days
    • traveling across the broad Atlantic - 14 days
    • processing center and shipment to dealer - 6 days or so

The above times are for delivery to Georgia.
    Last edited by GVLBob; 04-07-2012 at 05:56 AM.

My Cars
    2012 BMW 328i
    When the annual registration fees and taxes are higher on your 4 year old 250cc Vespa scooter than your car ..... it might be a clue that it is time to get a newer car.

I finally made up my mind (after 18 months of pondering choices) and placed an order for a new 2012 BMW 328i with all the goodies. It should be delivered late next week.

- I started off in 2010 thinking that I wanted an Audi A4 which disappointed me during the test drive because I thought it was a bit underpowered.
    - Then I lusted after the Acura TL, until I actually drove one and found that the front seats were no better than the ones in my 12 year old Honda Accord. It handled well and had plenty of power, but the exterior design is awful.
    - Then I tried the Lexus and concluded that it was "grandma's" car and felt very "mushy" on the road.
    - I checked out the new Volkswagon CC and was not impressed at all.
    - The Infinity G37 impressed me quite a bit with that powerful engine and 7 speed auto. It also handled quite well and with 328Hp was the muscle car of the group. I made it to my final two.
    - I did test drive the Audi A6 which was incredibly comfortable, good looking and very competent on the road. But that base turbo charged 4 cylinder is not quite powerful enough and I'm not willing to spring the additional $10K to get the V6 and the Quattro drive.
    - Then I drove the BMW 328i with the new 245 hp turbo charged 4 banger and was really inpressed across the board. It is nearly as fast as the Infinity, almost as comfortable as the A6 (and a lot cheaper), gets 33 mpg on the highway, and handles like a dream.

BMW's were never on my radar, but here I am about to buy my birthday present for when I turn 70 later this year. It is going to take me a lot of time to effectively learn how to use all the modern technology: bluetooth, Nav, etc. I'll probably turn 80 driving this car since I tend to keep them for 10 or more years.

It has been quite awhile (decades) since I have owned a car that I really, really loved. I am pretty certain that this 328i is going to be the best vehicle I ever owned.

.... oh and I did spend some time lurking on this forum as part of my research. One item of interest is that the guys on the Audi Forum spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to wring a few more horses out of their 4 banger. That contrasts sharply with what I saw among you folks and it speaks volumes.

My Cars
    2012 BMW 328i Sport

New forum member, new BMW owner!

Hello everyone,

My name is Paolo Renzo and I am both a new forum member and a BMW owner. Yesterday I went to Nalley BMW here in Atlanta to look at different cars (truthfully I was not in a market for a brand new car) and I ended walking out with a brand new 2012 BMW 328i Sport Sedan. I've always wanted a BMW but was afraid of car payments. (As of yesterday the only car I've ever owned was a 2000 Pontiac Firebird that I paid cash for, so I've never had car payments) The finance manager is a friend of my girlfriend's sister which is why we went to his dealership and he ended up giving a fantastic deal for the 328i. I actually went to the dealer to find a used 2007-2009 335i but I could not pass this deal, as the car only had 16 miles!!! I'm excited to be the owner of this fantastic car and very excited to learn more about BMWs from this forum. Here are some pictures of my new baby:

Last edited by Paolo Renzo; 04-11-2012 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Misspelled words

My Cars
    2012 BMW 328i
    I picked up my new 2012 Mineral Grey 328i yesterday and drove it down to Aiken SC from the dealership in Columbia SC. A couple of observations:

- I had no idea that a car could be this nice, .... if I did, I would have upgraded from my 2002 Honda Accord EX V-6 years ago. This is decidedly the nicest car I have ever owned.
    - There is as much difference between this BMW and my 2002 Accord as there was between my 2002 Accord and that 1951 Chevy with the AM Radio and the "slip-amatic" transmission I owned in 1961.
    - The car is smarter than I am, it is going to take a concentrated effort to master all of the various options and functions. Fortunately the controls are fairly intuitive, .... and the manual is pretty good.
    - I put 40% down and financed the rest at a 1.54% interest rate. I don't know how a lending organization (Capital One) can make money at that rate, but to me that is almost free money. Their finance dept told me that it was largely a function of having a credit rating of 828. I didn't know they went over 750.
    - I am used to driving Hondas, Toyotas, and second hand chevy's. This car kinda blows me away with its performance, comfort, safety features and overall design. I have read other posting indicating that other forum members prefer other/older designs. I will have to plea total ignorance as I have missed many years of driving pleasure.
    - The dealer finance dept tried to talk me into buying a number of extended warranties that I thought were overprice. I might have made a mistake, and I just take the hit later if my gamble doesn't pay off. I think the basic 4 year warranty and my regular car insurance are quite adequate.
    - This is my birthday present for turning 70 (a rather grand old age and probably worthy of something special).

My Cars
    2012 BMW 328i Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Moondancer View Post
    I picked up my new 2012 Mineral Grey 328i yesterday and drove it down to Aiken SC from the dealership in Columbia SC. A couple of observations:

- I had no idea that a car could be this nice, .... if I did, I would have upgraded from my 2002 Honda Accord EX V-6 years ago. This is decidedly the nicest car I have ever owned.
    - There is as much difference between this BMW and my 2002 Accord as there was between my 2002 Accord and that 1951 Chevy with the AM Radio and the "slip-amatic" transmission I owned in 1961.
    - The car is smarter than I am, it is going to take a concentrated effort to master all of the various options and functions. Fortunately the controls are fairly intuitive, .... and the manual is pretty good.
    - I put 40% down and financed the rest at a 1.54% interest rate. I don't know how a lending organization (Capital One) can make money at that rate, but to me that is almost free money. Their finance dept told me that it was largely a function of having a credit rating of 828. I didn't know they went over 750.
    - I am used to driving Hondas, Toyotas, and second hand chevy's. This car kinda blows me away with its performance, comfort, safety features and overall design. I have read other posting indicating that other forum members prefer other/older designs. I will have to plea total ignorance as I have missed many years of driving pleasure.
    - The dealer finance dept tried to talk me into buying a number of extended warranties that I thought were overprice. I might have made a mistake, and I just take the hit later if my gamble doesn't pay off. I think the basic 4 year warranty and my regular car insurance are quite adequate.
    - This is my birthday present for turning 70 (a rather grand old age and probably worthy of something special).

Good to hear you love the car! I've had mine for about a month now and I love every minute of it!! Did they happen to mention that you get a complimentary class at the BMW Performance Driving School??? I'm waiting for email confirmation so i can book my weekend at Greer, SC!!! Post some pics when you get a chance!

My Cars
    2001 325 sedan

Patiently waiting for the 335 x-drive model

On April 21st I made an offer to purchase this vehicle:

335i Sedan Sport Line with:
    - BMW Apps
    - Premium Package
    - Mineral Grey Metallic
    - Dakota Black Leather
    - Variable Sport Steering
    - Head-up Display
    - BMW Assist w/Extend Bluetooth

I will add x-drive in July when BMW take orders on the x-drive 3 series.

I currently own a 2001 325 sedan.

My Cars
    08 535xi/ordered 12 328i

Counting down the days!!!

Ordered my 328i on 4/5/12. She completed production on 4/20/12, but didn't leave Bremerhaven until 5/5/12. She's currently on board the TOMBARRA (which is to arrive in Southampton tomorrow, Halifax on 5/18, and NY -- my final destination -- on 5/20). I'm HOPING I'll be able to pick her up in time for Memorial Day weekend (or even the Saturday OF Memorial Day weekend). I can't wait to get behind the wheel! Here are my specs:

Melbourne Red Metallic
    Sport Line
    Leather - Dakota Black/Red Highlight
    High Gloss Black Trim
    Highlighted Trim - Coral Red Matte
    Premium Package
    Cold Weather Package
    6MT (is there anything else??? )

My Cars
    2010 Camaro
    I was wondering how you like the gray leather interior?? I was considering the black but I know it gets very hot in the summer and uncomfortable to sit on with shorts.

My Cars
    2012 BMW 335i
    Looks like my car left the port on 5/25. Based on the timetable above, hopefully I'll have it by mid-June sometime.

My Cars
    2012 BMW 335i Sport Line

2012 BMW 335i Sport Line

I just purchased my brand new 2012 335i Sedan on 5-30-2012. This is my 1st BMW and I am very excited about it. I previously owned a 2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (G30FZL). I loved that car and thought I would become a repeat Infiniti customer, but when I went to BMW that all changed.

I had a great experience at Chapman BMW in Chandler AZ. My car is as follows:

2012 335i Sedan Sport Line

Black Saphire Meallic

Sport Line Package
    Premium Package
    Technology Package
    Sport Automatic Transmission
    Heated Front seats (that are currently missing, but paid for, BMW is working on it)
    BMW Assist w/enhanced BT & USB
    BMW Apps (now I just need an IPhone

And all the great standard features included with the car and the packages incuded.

I currently don't have pictures but they will follow in a few weeks.

My Cars
    2012 BMW 328i
    2012 328i
    Exterior - Melbourne Red
    Interior - Leather Dakota Black/Red, High Gloss Trim, Coral Red Matte
    Sport Line
    Premium Package
    Technology Package
    Automatic transmission
    BMW Apps
    PDC
    Heatedsteering wheel
    Satellite radio
    Smartphone integration
    Rear View Camera
    HUD
    NAV

Quote Originally Posted by kevbuys View Post
    2012 328i
    Picked Up 20 Feb 2012
    Exterior - Melbourne Red
    Interior - Leather Dakota Black/Red, High Gloss black trim/Coral accent
    Sport Line
    Premium Package
    Technology Package
    Sport automatic transmission
    BMW Apps
    PDC
    Heated steering wheel
    Satellite radio
    Smartphone integration
    Rear View Camera
    HUD
    NAV
    Apparently I like your taste.
    Last edited by USAFATC2000; 06-07-2012 at 05:27 PM.

My Cars
    F30 (02tiE30E34E55E46)
    Hello to old friends and new! I've been away from the site for a while but with the impending arrival of my 2013 328i M Sport, I thought I'd pop back in! I've been following the F30 for some time now and bit the bullet when my dealer told me Estoril blue would be back in 2013 with the new M Sport! I built the car today and the order will go in the first of July to get my delivery date just right for my vacation! Looking forward to talking to you all about your cars and what you do with them!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdog68 View Post
    The day I find my E30 M3 will be the day that all is well in my world. I will see her and smile, then she'll smile because she knows!

My Cars
    2012 BMW 335i
    Finally took delivery of my 335i this afternoon, after waiting nearly 4 months. Drove the back roads home, and experienced one of the most enjoyable drives of my life!

My Cars
    2012 BMW 335i
    I've had my 335i for a few months now, and still love everything about it.

My Cars
    2013 BMW 328i Sedan

My Future Bimmer

Ordered a 2013 BMW 328i Sedan - 7/8/2012

• Glacier Silver Metallic
    • Leather Dakota Black/Red highlight
    • Sport Line
    • Lighting Package
    • Premium Package
    • Technology Package
    • Heated Front Seats
    • Harman Kardon Surround Sound System
    I cannot wait for it to be delivered

My Cars
    2012 328i sport

F30 club new member

Hello everyone. Picked up ride last week

2012 328i sport
    Alpine white
    Black Dakota w/ red
    Brushed aluminum
    Premium
    Technology
    Sport
    Sport Auto Trans
    Xenons
    Heated seats
    BMW BT
    BMW apps
    Sat Radio
    Window tint next week

One of the best BMWs I have ever owned!

My Cars
    2012 BMW 328i
    I picked Roxanne up last Friday. I must say, you guys understated how amazing this car drives. I have never felt so comfortable and confident behind a steering wheel. The fuel economy in Eco Pro mode is amazing and Sports mode is down right orgasmic on an open road.

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast