Thread: BMW Delivers First All-Electric ActiveE in the US

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition

Post BMW Delivers First All-Electric ActiveE in the US

Woodcliff Lake, NJ – January 13, 2012… BMW today delivered the first all-electric ActiveE in the US and began the next chapter in its electromobility strategy. Ludwig Willisch, President and CEO of BMW of North America presented the keys to a BMW ActiveE to Tom and Meredith Moloughney who will begin their two-year lease today. As one of the inaugural MINI E pioneers in 2009, today they officially became the first ActiveE Electronauts.

My Cars
    1999 e39 528i and 540i/6
    i hope this whole electric thing gets its own series, just so it doesn't pollute the regular engines..

then again, this may be very good, there is a lot of knowledge to be learned from electric powered cars. looking forward to the advances, without much compromise hopefully.

My Cars
    2020 X3M Competition
    Expect an i3 and i8 to be on sale sometime next year.
    Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by hundreds of engineers that get paid thousands of dollars for something you bought at Pep Boys because your buddy who doesn't have a job told you it was 'better'?!?

My Cars
    2011 M3 Fire Orange
    Hi,
    Was looking for a place to introduce myself as a new member, and this looks as good as any place since I know some things about the ActiveE electric car. To get it out of the way: yes, I work for Center BMW in Sherman Oaks, CA. It's my job here to do social media relations. I've worked in pretty much every department here, and my intentions are to be helpful to the BMW community. So if I can help out with my $.02, please let me know.
    We have an ActiveE here as a demo. I took it out for a drive because to be perfectly honest, I am NOT a fan of electric cars or hybrids. Seems like they're always in the left lane going 64mph. But I was genuinely impressed that they managed to keep at least the BMW handling and ride quality in the ActiveE. Acceleration is ok, about 8.8 seconds to 60. If there's anything you'd like to know about the ActiveE, let me know.
    The i3 will probably be at the dealers in 2013 sometime, I would guess summer. The i8 is scheduled to be 2014, so I would expect September of 2013 at the Autoshow.
    That being said, if I help out, let me know. I'm not in sales, I just do the social media relations stuff here. And just a FYI, they have a couple of vintage vehicles the dealership owns here. I'll see if I can post some pictures in the appropriate forum areas. One is a 1974 2002 Turbo, and a very clean 1990 850i.

My Cars
    2011 M3 Fire Orange
    Hi,
    Was looking for a place to introduce myself as a new member, and this looks as good as any place since I know some things about the ActiveE electric car. To get it out of the way: yes, I work for Center BMW in Sherman Oaks, CA. It's my job here to do social media relations. I've worked in pretty much every department here, and my intentions are to be helpful to the BMW community. So if I can help out with my $.02, please let me know.
    We have an ActiveE here as a demo. I took it out for a drive because to be perfectly honest, I am NOT a fan of electric cars or hybrids. Seems like they're always in the left lane going 64mph. But I was genuinely impressed that they managed to keep at least the BMW handling and ride quality in the ActiveE. Acceleration is ok, about 8.8 seconds to 60. If there's anything you'd like to know about the ActiveE, let me know.
    The i3 will probably be at the dealers in 2013 sometime, I would guess summer. The i8 is scheduled to be 2014, so I would expect September of 2013 at the Autoshow.
    That being said, if I help out, let me know. I'm not in sales, I just do the social media relations stuff here. And just a FYI, they have a couple of vintage vehicles the dealership owns here. I'll see if I can post some pictures in the appropriate forum areas. One is a 1974 2002 Turbo, and a very clean 1990 850i.

My Cars
    96 M3
    The i3 and i8 are going to be cool!

On a random sort of related note, I see a 1er Active E driving around quite a bit. How much of those have BMW actually sold?