Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Supercharged E34 M60/M62's check in here

My Cars
    540i/6 M-sport GA65474
    Heres the problem: my FI began with the ESS, intercooler and AEM controller... we netted 396rwhp. I wanted more so the Procharger was promised to get somewhere near 500, so I said "sign me up!" A year and a half later, Procharger is finally on, but only producing 365ish? Like WTF happened? I've dumped a ton of cash into the deal only to go backwards? The tuner is now telling me that I need headers, but 500hp is still probably not going to happen without going to a bigger motor with headers and blada, blada, blah....

Gone but not forgotten:
    '95 540i/6 M-Sport. GA65474. Alpineweiss/Parchment.
    Supercharger project

My Cars
    Bavarian Muscle Car
    ^ I wish you the best but I only have stock exhaust manifolds, cat delete, center resonators and Eisenmann Race muffler. I am curious what headers would do. Let me know if you locate some, I would be interested if they really do help, but not at the expense of torque. I love zee torque!
    Vortech V2Ti Rebello Racing M62 4.9L E34. Not a race car, but a fun car.

[IMG][/IMG]

My Cars
    blk 740i/ 325is - 95's
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy63 View Post
    Heres the problem: my FI began with the ESS, intercooler and AEM controller... we netted 396rwhp. I wanted more so the Procharger was promised to get somewhere near 500, so I said "sign me up!" A year and a half later, Procharger is finally on, but only producing 365ish? Like WTF happened? I've dumped a ton of cash into the deal only to go backwards? The tuner is now telling me that I need headers, but 500hp is still probably not going to happen without going to a bigger motor with headers and blada, blada, blah....
    part of me just died...

If its about numbers, take a page from my book, Nitrous works wonders with boost. You net nearly double the gains so a small shot has a huge impact.! Do to intake temp drop and extreme compressor temps.

I do recommend headers though.
    Last edited by imae30driver; 10-21-2014 at 11:55 PM.
    1995 540i /6 speed, Black on black, VF m62 S/C kit v3 6psi - Cold air intake/ SSSquid Tune/racing exhuast, Vortech 8:1 RRFPR ,545 SSK /3.15 with LSD / rev-shift motor mounts/stage 4, 6 puck clutch/ K Sport coil overs / suede sparco 368 steering wheel, Recaro seats, N2O, M/T drag slicks
    "Skill can only get you so far, then comes money!"
    R . I . P Paul Walker - 1973 - 2013

My Cars
    540i/6 M-sport GA65474
    Unless they can pull the numbers out of their ass, I guess I'm going to have to change my signature.

Gone but not forgotten:
    Supercharger project

My Cars
    E24, E34 x2, E36
    I still think the OEM maf and dme combo are not helping.
    Agreed the prod harder should make more but maybe it's designed for more boost and it's in a crap part if the efficnecy island where the humble vortech at 400rwhp may have been in the perfect zone at about 9-10psi. I'm no expert by any means but I would have thought that the setup would work ok without headers.
    Don't discount obvious stuff also like boost leaks fuel pressure etc.

quite some time back I couldn't work out why my m6 was running shit at the top end. Turned out to have a partially crushed fuel line of all things.
    BMW’s
    90 E34 M5
    84 E24 M635csi standalone ecu with coil on plug
    94 E34 540i/6 SC 5-17psi Flex fuel/standalone ecu
    97 Z3 2.8
    97 E36 M3 euro SC still u/c

OTHERS
    11 Audi S5 APR stg2
    19 Volkswagen Amarok V6

My Cars
    blk 740i/ 325is - 95's
    If you can make it with the old s/c there should be no reason the headers wont make it on the procharger. Unless the difference on the same boost is the amount of draw from a bigger compressor? So in theory there making the same BHP but the RWHP is short from having to turn it. You should be able to turn it up to compensate and then surpass the old set up but the headers are to restrictive.

This is just my theory to throw out there assuming it is running and boosting properly. Who knows
    Last edited by imae30driver; 10-22-2014 at 03:59 PM.
    1995 540i /6 speed, Black on black, VF m62 S/C kit v3 6psi - Cold air intake/ SSSquid Tune/racing exhuast, Vortech 8:1 RRFPR ,545 SSK /3.15 with LSD / rev-shift motor mounts/stage 4, 6 puck clutch/ K Sport coil overs / suede sparco 368 steering wheel, Recaro seats, N2O, M/T drag slicks

My Cars
    540i/6 M-sport GA65474
    OK guys.... I am thinking of letting it go.
    After a year and a half of being totally frustrated with my local tuner, I think I am ready to throw in the towel.

The car runs and drives, but needs further tuning to be optimal. This is a continuing project that I feel is about 90% complete.
    If you have been following this thread, you should have a good feel for what I have accomplished with the car. I have over $25k in receipts from 2013 where I began the current supercharger set up. This places my total investment somewhere north of $40k. I would love to complete the car, but I do not have the ability to finish it myself and after my experience with Sneed Speed, you should understand my reluctance to hand it over to someone else.

This car is probably one of the nicest 540i/6 Msport in existence and one hell of a machine with the added performance.

$24k/best offer as it sits.... may consider certain trades
    (feel free to text me at 336-413-3198 with offers or concerns)

Gone but not forgotten:
    Supercharger project

My Cars
    92 e34/85 525e
    Car: 95 540i/6
    Engine: Stock M60
    Supercharger Kit: ESS
    Blower Model: V3
    Tune: ESS
    Injectors: 32#
    MAF: Brand new stock 400 with 2.840kohms resistance
    Intercooling: None
    Boost level: 7lbs (ESS - not verified)
    Diff: E32 3.15 LSD
    Issues: Not enough power
    Dyno: 418bhp 360lb/ft (fly)
    Fuel: 97-99 octane

My Cars
    E24, E34 x2, E36
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinewhite525 View Post
    Car: 95 540i/6
    Engine: Stock M60
    Supercharger Kit: ESS
    Blower Model: V3
    Tune: ESS
    Injectors: 32#
    MAF: Brand new stock 400 with 2.840kohms resistance
    Intercooling: None
    Boost level: 7lbs (ESS - not verified)
    Diff: E32 3.15 LSD
    Issues: Not enough power
    Dyno: 418bhp 360lb/ft (fly)
    Fuel: 97-99 octane

Everyone has not enough power.

I think the power issue will be sloved with intercooling. I have my car back now with a replaced 3.15 LSD. Power is good, but it drops off with heat soak. I will be installing a water/air intercooler shortly and may go 1 size smaller with the pulley to add a tiny bit more boost and overcome any additional pressure losses from the intercooler. I wouldnt mind first throwing on my wideband sensor and air/fuel gauge to see what its doing fuel wise. Unfortunately the local authorities decided that I should not have a drivers licence which I get back April 23, so not much car activity going on.
    We have very strict enforcement of low level speeding. Get caught doing over 7mph over posted limit more than 4x in 3 years you then have an enforced licence suspension. May have to move.
    BMW’s
    90 E34 M5
    84 E24 M635csi standalone ecu with coil on plug
    94 E34 540i/6 SC 5-17psi Flex fuel/standalone ecu
    97 Z3 2.8
    97 E36 M3 euro SC still u/c

OTHERS
    11 Audi S5 APR stg2
    19 Volkswagen Amarok V6

My Cars
    E34 M5, E34 540/5
    What (if any) are the increases in water and oil temperatures running a supercharger ?

My Cars
    E34 540i, R34 GTT
    Quote Originally Posted by aseanaero View Post
    What (if any) are the increases in water and oil temperatures running a supercharger ?
    There's no definitive answer for that.

Granted it will put more load on the motor and tax the cooling system further, but there are a lot of variables to factor in.

What type of charger are you running? Is it cooking the inlet temps, how much boost, are you running an intercooler, is the radiator a bigger unit, cooling system up to scratch, what are the EGT's of the motor, what tune/ECU setup is in place? and so on

My Cars
    ///M5
    Does an M62 with the M62 blower kit fit in an E34 without fender smashing? Just curious

- - - Updated - - -

I remember that an M62 bracket on an M60 requires some fender smashing.
    Current
    2005 E55 AMG
    1998 Silverado K1500
    1964 Impala
    ​1964 Chevelle 496ci

Past

2000 Avus M5
    1988 Suburban K1500
    1987 Suburban K2500
    2007 Suburban
    1999 K2500 Suburban
    2000 MGM
    1999 K2500 Suburban
    2001 Stratus 740i Msport
    1990 750iL
    1995 540i/6
    1996 MGM

My Cars
    540i/6 M-sport GA65474
    Yes... you will have to alter your fender.

Gone but not forgotten:
    Supercharger project

My Cars
    4.9L 540i/Porsche 997
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy63 View Post
    Yes... you will have to alter your fender.
    And driving style. . How is your new M toy? I am getting my engine re-built because of the water leak into engine. Did 1 new Darton sleeve, all new bigger JE pistons, more aggressive cams, stronger valve springs, and even more head porting to match the aftercooler better. Still don't know if headers are worth it.

My Cars
    blk 740i/ 325is - 95's
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyz66 View Post
    And driving style. . How is your new M toy? I am getting my engine re-built because of the water leak into engine. Did 1 new Darton sleeve, all new bigger JE pistons, more aggressive cams, stronger valve springs, and even more head porting to match the aftercooler better. Still don't know if headers are worth it.
    Got myself a Vortech kit if this threads still going... Finally my turn to check in.!

My Cars
    4.9L 540i/Porsche 997
    Quote Originally Posted by imae30driver View Post
    Got myself a Vortech kit if this threads still going... Finally my turn to check in.!
    Congrat's and good to hear. Who is doing your tuning and what boost are you going to run, and intercooler or aftercooler?

My Cars
    blk 740i/ 325is - 95's
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyz66 View Post
    Congrat's and good to hear. Who is doing your tuning and what boost are you going to run, and intercooler or aftercooler?
    Honestly the fact I got it's still sinking in haha. Doesn't seem real.

I am still figuring it out as its a NV m62 kit I need to adapt. But because ESS uses the same S/C and they claim to be only 1 pound different ( I think they just rounded up/down oppositely maybe.. )

I should be be able to just run the ESS tune. They want 495$ if someone has the file cheaper lmk.

I am also considering miller war chip but at 1500$ An with mixed reviews idk.

For now I plan to just get it on and running well, use nitrous for a chemical intercooler till decide to add an intercooler and up the boost.

Im excited and have plenty of research to do l, opinions welcome. Trying to keep it simple as of now. Don't want a Gixxer type situation to happen.
    Last edited by imae30driver; 08-27-2015 at 03:33 PM.

My Cars
    '94 530iT LSx/T56
    ah you were on the facebook bfc group yesterday and we were discussing tuning. Keep in mind, even after you buy the ESS tune, you are still needing injectors, unless you m62 kit you got came with them? And youll need their Maf resistor piece, or find out what that value is from someone else using the kit here (I believe someone here just got the kit in the mail, so he may be kind enough to measure his for you). Tune plus injectors, youll still be half of the miller stuff, and it will/should work as intended.

also, don't worry about the 1psi difference in specs between the kits. Its just an arbitrary number. Boost pressure changes with altitude (among other things), so they cant accurately specify it to be the same for everyone. Also, most tuners will "fluff" a tune with pulled timing or excess fuel so everyone is taken care of. This is why they don't ask buyers about other modifications like exhaust when buying their kit.

also2, as leo said on facebook, the m62 kit hangs the S/C toward the fender a bit more, so youll be hammering the well in a tad.
    Last edited by AHenry014; 08-27-2015 at 04:19 PM.
    -Alex

My Cars
    blk 740i/ 325is - 95's
    Quote Originally Posted by AHenry014 View Post
    ah you were on the facebook bfc group yesterday and we were discussing tuning. Keep in mind, even after you buy the ESS tune, you are still needing injectors, unless you m62 kit you got came with them? And youll need their Maf resistor piece, or find out what that value is from someone else using the kit here (I believe someone here just got the kit in the mail, so he may be kind enough to measure his for you). Tune plus injectors, youll still be half of the miller stuff, and it will/should work as intended.

also, don't worry about the 1psi difference in specs between the kits. Its just an arbitrary number. Boost pressure changes with altitude (among other things), so they cant accurately specify it to be the same for everyone. Also, most tuners will "fluff" a tune with pulled timing or excess fuel so everyone is taken care of. This is why they don't ask buyers about other modifications like exhaust when buying their kit.

also2, as leo said on facebook, the m62 kit hangs the S/C toward the fender a bit more, so youll be hammering the well in a tad.
    Yes injectors are on the list and I am
    talking to the guy who just got his kit. Injectors aren't that expensive, the maf is a concern though, I'm not sure that was even included in his kit there is no mention of what size injectors to are included and no mention of a maf.

thought maybe only 6 psi on with a draw threw style maf set up is acceptable to stock MAF perhaps
    Last edited by imae30driver; 08-27-2015 at 05:03 PM.

My Cars
    4.9L 540i/Porsche 997
    talking to the guy who just got his kit. Injectors aren't that expensive, the maf is a concern though, I'm not sure that was even included in his kit there is no mention of what size injectors to are included and no mention of a maf.

thought maybe only 6 psi on with a draw threw style maf set up is acceptable to stock MAF perhaps
    I have some 60lbs injectors for sale with 500 miles on them. I am rebuilding my engine with more aggressive cams and more porting to better match my aftercooler intake runners. I need bigger injectors for my hp goals.

My Cars
    M42,M60,M62,M62TU
    Honestly the fact I got it's still sinking in haha. Doesn't seem real.

I am still figuring it out as its a NV m62 kit I need to adapt. But because ESS uses the same S/C and they claim to be only 1 pound different ( I think they just rounded up/down oppositely maybe.. )

I should be be able to just run the ESS tune. They want 495$ if someone has the file cheaper lmk.

I am also considering miller war chip but at 1500$ An with mixed reviews idk.

For now I plan to just get it on and running well, use nitrous for a chemical intercooler till decide to add an intercooler and up the boost.

Im excited and have plenty of research to do l, opinions welcome. Trying to keep it simple as of now. Don't want a Gixxer type situation to happen.
    Imho the ESS kit is too rich likely leaving too much power on the table.....nevermind the MAF resistor mod.
    From scratch id probably run a larger maf and a standalone unit if you know what youre doing....miller seems like a good idea but i dont have experience with them. Fyi i ran oversized injectors on an ESS tune and 'fine tuned' it by modifying the MAF cross sectional flow area ( aka putting the sensor in a v8(the juice, not the engine) can). Curious, but has anyone run an SAFC, or whatever the modern equivalent is on a FI e34?

e34 540i/6 :: e30
    M62/6 :: e30 318is :: c5 Z06

My Cars
    '94 530iT LSx/T56

You have to run the injectors that the ESS tune calls for. You could just ask ESS for this info, or ask the other guy who just got his kit for the injector part number. The ESS kit uses the factory MAF with resistor mod.

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=janders211;28768431]
    Imho the ESS kit is too rich likely leaving too much power on the table.....nevermind the MAF resistor mod.
    This is exactly the "fluff" I was talking about. Putting a resistor in the MAF keeps it from maxing out due to the increase in airflow. The tune is scaled to account for the adjusted signal from the MAF. Dinan also slapped a resistor in the signal wire.

From scratch id probably run a larger maf and a standalone unit if you know what youre doing....miller seems like a good idea but i dont have experience with them.
    Standalone is the way to go. Look into megasquirt ms3x. There was a thread fairly recently where the guy had a s/c m60 and basically developed the miller stuff for/with them. I guess there was a good outcome if they released a plug and play kit. 1500 is too much though. Ive used millers stuff in the past and don't care for it, but that's just my opinion.
    -Alex

My Cars
    4.9L 540i/Porsche 997
    ^ I am thinking about the standalone (but one can use the stock E34's basic functions) Adaptronic.

My Cars
    E34 MSport
    Jim, I thought you got yours tuned by Jordan at RK-Tunes?

My Cars
    4.9L 540i/Porsche 997
    Quote Originally Posted by BruinBimmer View Post
    Jim, I thought you got yours tuned by Jordan at RK-Tunes?
    I did, but somehow got water onto several pistons either through my WI system or when Chris@RMS blew my headgasket when he tried to tune it. So, after Jordan's tune, a month later carnage and a wasted tune. Rebello Racing is now re-building my engine for even more power and efficiency, and will also tune it. I will get slightly larger JE pistons, re-port the heads to match the aftercooler's intake runners and more aggressive cams. Rebello is an Adaptronic dealer, and I will go with what they are familiar with. This time I want everything under 1 roof, including install of new engine.

Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast