Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: :: ECS Tuning :: E46 BMW Performance Air Intake

My Cars
    BMW

:: ECS Tuning :: E46 BMW Performance Air Intake

ECS Tuning is proud to offer BMW Performance Air Intake for the 2.5L and 3.0L M54.

Everyone knows that better performance starts with better air flow. Either through the intake or out the exhaust, better air flow equals more power. Start to build your horsepower with this performance air intake from BMW Performance.

Replacing the entire air box system, this intake flows better than stock, freeing up hidden horsepower. With a stylish design and carbon fiber accents, BMW Performance is inscribed on the top. Guaranteed to fit like factory.

Over the years, BMW has gotten a reputation of absolute quality and engineering precision. This legacy continues with their new Genuine BMW line of automotive parts. There is nothing quite like Genuine parts, as you can be sure of proper fitment without hassle and the longevity that we all are after. These products were specifically designed to fit your vehicle and will work brilliantly.

Start to build more horsepower today.

Click HERE to order M54 2.5L

Click HERE to order M54 3.0L
    Last edited by ECSTuning; 01-09-2012 at 09:30 AM.

My Cars
    2006 330i
    $808

My Cars
    01' 330CI 6MT / 00' 540i
    Much cheaper now - $717.63

ECS, are you serious? Even previous price $300 for this gimmick was waaaay too much.
    Last edited by NervoS; 01-09-2012 at 11:37 AM.

My Cars
    '00 328Ci, '18 330xi
    Watch that gimmick FLY off the shelf. It will, people are stupid.

My Cars
    2012 Honda Civic

I have an M52 anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by materialgirlftw View Post
    I must have signed into the wrong forum. Thought I was gonna get some helpful responses.
    ​When in doubt, blame Volf.

My Cars
    '00 328Ci, '18 330xi
    it doesn't matter. Nobody has ever shown an increase in anything other than noise with CAI.

My Cars
    2012 Honda Civic
    So it's basically like putting a coffee can on a civic's muffler?
    Quote Originally Posted by materialgirlftw View Post
    I must have signed into the wrong forum. Thought I was gonna get some helpful responses.
    ​When in doubt, blame Volf.

My Cars
    '00 328Ci, '18 330xi
    Yup. But let the opinions fly, most guys have or want one.

I'm working on a scooped ram air, and even that requires cutting steel to allow more air to enter from the kidneys. CAI alone are a joke IMO.

My Cars
    2002 BMW 325I
    an 1/8th of the cost and probobly would do about the same performance upgrade...

http://www.afeintakestore.com/afe-51...mw-e46-m3.html

come on is there really a reason to justify increasing the price on that product almost $500 from what it was listed a week ago...?
    '02 325i ZSP - Trunk Lip Spoiler; Front License Plate Delete; K&N; Black Grilles; Smoke Corner/Marker Lights; LED Tails; Upgraded Home-link Mirror; Weather-Tech Floor Mats; Turner Motorsports Underdrive Pulley Kit... More to come
    Quote Originally Posted by mdfiasco View Post
    That car is like a stripper; totally hot on the outside, fully damaged on the inside.

Clean6 by E46 Dude, on Flickr

My Cars
    2004 ZHP 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by E46 Dude View Post
    an 1/8th of the cost and probobly would do about the same performance upgrade...

http://www.afeintakestore.com/afe-51...mw-e46-m3.html

come on is there really a reason to justify increasing the price on that product almost $500 from what it was listed a week ago...?
    I say no. Not many will be sold at this price. People will wait, or go with AFE.

by Dane Wilson, on Flickr

My Cars
    Transports Metropolitans
    it doesn't matter. Nobody has ever shown an increase in anything other than noise with CAI.
    This guy did a before/after dyno and got +6.5hp and +1.3lb/ft

That's not bad until you consider the cost per hp.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...ke+review+%233

My Cars
    2005 330ci ZHP 6MT
    Untrue.

I've seen several dyno results that show the BMW Perf intake with anywhere from 6.5hp to 8hp gains.

http://www.e46fanatics.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=507315

Glad I bought mine when it was $284...

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers, Piano Black Grills, LED Interiors/Plate Lights, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete

My Cars
    E46M
    Only way I'd get one is:
    -If the price was back to ~$300
    -If I had a car worth getting it. In otherwords, a ZHP or ///M.

There's no point in making a slow car, a little bit faster.

My Cars
    Transports Metropolitans
    Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Untrue.

I've seen several dyno results that show the BMW Perf intake with anywhere from 6.5hp to 8hp gains.

http://www.e46fanatics.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=507315

Glad I bought mine when it was $284...
    at $284 this thing is a consideration. Probably a consideration which would ultimately be ruled out by me, but at least a consideration.

$718 is ridiculous. $110/hp lol.

My Cars
    '00 328Ci, '18 330xi
    As SloTown stated in his review, there is a slight flaw in the design where there is a gap where the new inlet scoop fits into the cover. I will fill this gap w/ silicone and call it a day.
    I wonder if this gap allowed more air to bypass the inlets at the kidneys... either way, nice to see science getting used.

My Cars
    2005 330ci ZHP 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by TiAgXi View Post
    at $284 this thing is a consideration. Probably a consideration which would ultimately be ruled out by me, but at least a consideration.

$718 is ridiculous. $110/hp lol.
    Agreed. At $284, you're still really just paying for under hood bling.

She's a little throatier above 3k, but other intakes are def louder.

I'm wondering if ECS is getting down to the end of their supply on these and is raising the prices accordingly.

Same thing happened with the Perf strut brace. $300 forever until supplies dwindled, and then all of the sudden they're $1K.

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers, Piano Black Grills, LED Interiors/Plate Lights, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete

My Cars
    Transports Metropolitans
    Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Agreed. At $284, you're still really just paying for under hood bling.

She's a little throatier above 3k, but other intakes are def louder.

I'm wondering if ECS is getting down to the end of their supply on these and is raising the prices accordingly.

Same thing happened with the Perf strut brace. $300 forever until supplies dwindled, and then all of the sudden they're $1K.
    Could be. It seems completely ridiculous to me to put such expensive mods on cars that are so cheap these days. Especially when that same $700 will keep your e46 on the road for another year or two.

My Cars
    2002 BMW 325I
    Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    I say no. Not many will be sold at this price. People will wait, or go with AFE.
    so your thinking that the afe air scoop and a drop in filter wouldn't net you at least a few hp gains at a fraction of the cost...?
    '02 325i ZSP - Trunk Lip Spoiler; Front License Plate Delete; K&N; Black Grilles; Smoke Corner/Marker Lights; LED Tails; Upgraded Home-link Mirror; Weather-Tech Floor Mats; Turner Motorsports Underdrive Pulley Kit... More to come
    That car is like a stripper; totally hot on the outside, fully damaged on the inside.

My Cars
    2005 330ci ZHP 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by TiAgXi View Post
    Could be. It seems completely ridiculous to me to put such expensive mods on cars that are so cheap these days. Especially when that same $700 will keep your e46 on the road for another year or two.
    Agreed. Many better options for $700.

Hornung418 is offline Kyle of DeVry Institute BMW CCA Member
    My Cars
    e46 328i
    HAH!! I lol'd.

This price is ridiculous! You're better off going to the Dealer and seeing if they have old stock that they want to move. I'm sure you could get a steal from the dealer!
    06/99 328I | 124K MILES | M54B30 MANIFOLD SWAP | MS42 -> MS43 DME CONVERSION | STILL JUST AS SLOW AS EVER

My Cars
    2001 330i
    I need a coolant system overhaul on my 151,000 mile car but I bought three of these. I also got the stick on air intakes for the front fenders. Straight Class.

My Cars
    2004 ZHP 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by E46 Dude View Post
    so your thinking that the afe air scoop and a drop in filter wouldn't net you at least a few hp gains at a fraction of the cost...?
    Same gains from AFE (minimal).....Sounds great.....doesn't look quite as good as the BMW perf....but I would buy again if I had to. Ended up going dry filter with prefilter.

I love the setup.

2004 Imola Bay B&W by Dane Wilson77, on Flickr

Dry filter

Pre-filter

My Cars
    2002 BMW 325I
    did you see any mpg gains from adding the afe kit..? looks nice... I just went temporary and went with a drop in K&N cause the one in it now is pretty dirty...

My Cars
    2004 ZHP 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by E46 Dude
    did you see any mpg gains from adding the afe kit..? looks nice... I just went temporary and went with a drop in K&N cause the one in it now is pretty dirty...
    Yes. Getting > 28mpg now. This is up a couple from stock setup.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using BF.com

My Cars
    e46 m3,2oo4 325i
    will this fit a z4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast