Final Stage Unit (FSU) Replacement
Please don't pay anyone to do this.
It took me about 10 minutes to get this done after carefully reading DIY posts.
That is all.
Last edited by StevieV22; 01-08-2012 at 09:00 PM.
I did this a few months back, probably spent about an hour searching for and reading some good DIY write-ups here and around, with nice pics. Those pics were key. I spent maybe 10 minutes max doing the actual DIY, after deciding I could do it blind with one hand and no contortions. It was very easy but I can imagine pure misery if one doesn't know how the thing is stuck in there and comes out. My hat is off to those who've taken the time to share their experience with good pics.
I had already archived the 540i.com DIY, but a member posted up the DIY from the fest, and I want both in the archives. Hence the purpose of this thread.
As I stated in the the other member's thread, it only took me 15 minutes to do this DIY and five minutes of that time was spent trying to figure out how best to get in there. On my back, of course.
Last edited by jamesdc4; 01-08-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Thanks James took me 10 min. And it seems my reprograming my key thing couldn't have been the issue.
Originally Posted by jamesdc4
Originally Posted by Craiga06