Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Teves Mk 60 as stand alone ABS

My Cars
    2001 525i Sport Wagon
    Subscribed...

I've worked with a Motorsport system sourced from Curt Jung, but would like to upgrade the ASC system in the E46 that I autocross.
    Peter Florance
    PFTuning.com

My Cars
    2001 BMW M5, 2005 BMW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogeren View Post
    I think the threads are m12x1, and you can use a similar t-piece from any e60, think it is on cars with adaptive cruise control.
    I've confirmed that they are M12 x 1. I copied Simon P's use of the CNC brake light junction block with M10 x 1 to M12 x 1 adapters for the pressure sensors. I bought the version of the CNC block that accommodates M10 bubble flares. Nice way to organize and mount the sensors and also serves as an additional location to bracket the hard lines.

--Peter

My Cars
    m3
    have you installed ABS on your m3?

My Cars
    E30 M3
    Ive had these adaptors made up to work with all MC's. The sensors are M12x1

[img]rund.jpg[/img]

Andrew

My Cars
    E30 M3
    Have also made E30 adaptors.

[img]ahb3.jpg[/img]

And working on a steering angle sensor.

[img]vki7.jpg[/img]

Andrew

My Cars
    2001 BMW M5, 2005 BMW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by demlotcrew View Post
    Ive had these adaptors made up to work with all MC's. The sensors are M12x1

[img]rund.jpg[/img]

Andrew
    Very nice! And clean!

My Cars
    X535D 323iS Z4 i3
    I have a 01 Z3 master cylinder with both sensors and connectors for sale,and DSC module as well.
    DSC_6200_zpseff4bd1e.jpg

My Cars
    88 E30 M3 S65
    I bought a CAN emulator from demlotcrew that is now allowing me to get CAN data from my Mk60 to my AiM dash. Unfortunately if you have anything going into CAN other than an S54's stock ECU (or an ECU that normally can communicate with the mk60) then you will need an MXL2/MXG/MXS that has the optional CAN2 stream input to get the data. I have a functional ABS fault light now. Yippee.
    It's not speed that kills, it's the speed difference that does. Obviously you aren't going fast enough.

Turning Benjamins into noise since 1997

I read a list of the 100 things you MUST do before you die. Funny, "Yelling 'HELP'" didn't make the list!

My Cars
    2001 BMW M5, 2005 BMW M3
    Quote Originally Posted by gobuffs View Post
    I bought a CAN emulator from demlotcrew that is now allowing me to get CAN data from my Mk60 to my AiM dash. Unfortunately if you have anything going into CAN other than an S54's stock ECU (or an ECU that normally can communicate with the mk60) then you will need an MXL2/MXG/MXS that has the optional CAN2 stream input to get the data. I have a functional ABS fault light now. Yippee.
    You have my attention! Curious as to why your fault light didn't work right out of your harness to a stand alone LED and resistor? What CAN messages are you reading (e.g., brake pressure and wheelspeed?) and do you mind sharing the addresses to which the various readings are output? I have all of my ABS-related sensors hard wired both to the ABS and my Motec ECU, but I would love to read them all via CAN from the Teves MK60 and use the sensor inputs for other sensors! I have multiple CAN buses I can use, so if I need a clean stand-alone CAN bus, that is not an issue.

--Peter

My Cars
    88 E30 M3 S65
    No idea why my fault light didn't work. Tried many different things.

It appears that I can only read wheel speeds, brake switch, and ABS fault light. But for some reason i am getting data on an ASC innervention channel but I don't have ASC. Still being developed at this point in time and I am not doing it so I don't have the specifics.

I have brake pressures that have their own sensors (independent of the ABS pressure sensors)
    It's not speed that kills, it's the speed difference that does. Obviously you aren't going fast enough.

I read a list of the 100 things you MUST do before you die. Funny, "Yelling 'HELP'" didn't make the list!

My Cars
    BMW M3
    Does anyone have the schematic for the wiring of the mk60 as stand alone? or just the pinout? I am looking at doing this mod on my car.

My Cars
    87 316, 243hp
    Just finishing installing this on an E36, I have all live data (wheel speeds/pressures/accelerometer info etc etc) but the ABS is not working, I can operate the pump with the bleeding process via inpa but it just locks wheels when driving, only faults showing are can errors and one for vin, pedal switch is fitted and working, fluid level is operational, fault light is wired via an LED/resistor and is on, any ideas what the problem could be?

My Cars
    88 E30 M3 S65
    What are the error codes? IIRC there are 4 that won't affect the operation of the system.

My Cars
    87 316, 243hp
    5 errors in total, first one is vin not matched.
    the other 4 are can errors
    lws
    instruments
    dme
    cant remember the other right now

My Cars
    -97 520 3.0 + -87 M3
    Module cannot store more than 5 codes.
    Have you reset/calibrated pressure and dsc-sensors?

My Cars
    87 316, 243hp
    Ok well thats a good piece of info, I did recalibrate as much as I could see on the inpa screens, there is a whole page of learned values which I also reset.
    The only digital readout I could not turn off was the tyre pressure 'rpa passive'

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rogeren View Post
    Module cannot store more than 5 codes.
    Have you reset/calibrated pressure and dsc-sensors?
    I expect the codes that stop the system working would make their way to the top of the list?
    I did have fluid level error showing until I wired it up
    Also wheel speed sensor open circuit with a sensor unplugged will show
    Never had an error for pedal switch even though I started out with it not wired

- - - Updated - - -

Now changed the complete pump unit and its still the same

My Cars
    -97 520 3.0 + -87 M3
    Dont think fault codes get queue priority.
    Which wheel speed sensors are you using?

My Cars
    88 E30 M3 S65
    If you have the fault light lit then one of the codes is tripping the system.

My Cars
    2001 525i Sport Wagon
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus428 View Post
    Does anyone have the schematic for the wiring of the mk60 as stand alone? or just the pinout? I am looking at doing this mod on my car.
    I probably have pinout
    Peter Florance
    PFTuning.com

My Cars
    2001 525i Sport Wagon
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/gci17d7646...nout.xlsx?dl=0

Should be a spreadsheet.
    I copied from my WorldChallenge notes (which were populated on top of generic Teves pinout.
    Peter Florance
    PFTuning.com

My Cars
    '11 Volt, '95 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus428 View Post
    http://e30.leenw.com/Images/2006-05-...%20Diagram.PDF

My Cars
    e90 M3,X5,e46 racer
    Hi all,

In the process of installing a CSL unit now. Have all the components plumbed in, working on the wiring. This is a standalone install, tilton masters, Motec ECU and Aim dash. I have some specific questions:

1. OBDII plug is used for diagnostics and service (INPA, DIS, etc), yes? I assume I only need the D_TXD1 (white/violet, pin 2) wire from the ABS module wired to the OBDII plug? +12V, GND, and Data Link .... anything else on the plug?
    2. Is the fluid level sensor needed (pin 9)? Can I just run a GND signal to it? I assume GND indicates full fluid.
    3. +12V on the fat red wires (pins 1 and 32). Should this be constant +12V right to the kill switch, via fuses?
    4. If I want an on/off switch for the ABS, I use pin 4 (fuse 33, 5A) and wire that to a switched +12?
    5. Brake light switch: I'm using a pressure switch for my brake lights, and it switches to GND when activated. I assume the ABS module needs to see +12V when the brakes are applied. Use a simple relay for this, activated by the GND on the pressure switch? Or just tie into the brake light +12V?
    6. CAN bus to Motec. Anyone do this? What do you get on the CAN bus? Id's like to see speed sensors and pressure sensors ... I'm running CAN from Motec to AIM Pista so I can't run the CAN to the dash directly

Thanks for any insight!
    Check out the 8legs Racing page: https://www.facebook.com/8legsRacing/

My Cars
    2005 M3 Coupe
    See answers below...

Quote Originally Posted by ScotcH View Post
    Hi all,

In the process of installing a CSL unit now. Have all the components plumbed in, working on the wiring. This is a standalone install, tilton masters, Motec ECU and Aim dash. I have some specific questions:

1. OBDII plug is used for diagnostics and service (INPA, DIS, etc), yes? I assume I only need the D_TXD1 (white/violet, pin 2) wire from the ABS module wired to the OBDII plug? +12V, GND, and Data Link .... anything else on the plug? My OBD2 connector gets data, chassis ground, signal ground, +12V. Believe the data is pin7 and then the signal ground is pin 8, the rest are standard OBD2. I use chassis ground for the signal ground and it works fine. You could probably just jumper over rather than run 2 grounds if you wanted.
    2. Is the fluid level sensor needed (pin 9)? Can I just run a GND signal to it? I assume GND indicates full fluid. I'm not running a fluid level signal and the ABS module doesn't throw a code for it.
    3. +12V on the fat red wires (pins 1 and 32). Should this be constant +12V right to the kill switch, via fuses? Those should be 30A fuses or breakers. I am running them via breakers that I can reach from the driver's seat. They are powered when the main kill switch is in RUN mode. Per most regulations your kill switch needs to kill everything.
    4. If I want an on/off switch for the ABS, I use pin 4 (fuse 33, 5A) and wire that to a switched +12? Yes, that will work or you can ground pin 27.
    5. Brake light switch: I'm using a pressure switch for my brake lights, and it switches to GND when activated. I assume the ABS module needs to see +12V when the brakes are applied. Use a simple relay for this, activated by the GND on the pressure switch? Or just tie into the brake light +12V? You need +12V and you can use the brake light. That's basically what I'm doing; I come off the brake light switch which basically just sends 12V to the brake lights. It's just an on/off signal that needs 12V.
    6. CAN bus to Motec. Anyone do this? What do you get on the CAN bus? Id's like to see speed sensors and pressure sensors ... I'm running CAN from Motec to AIM Pista so I can't run the CAN to the dash directly I'm not baller status enough for a MOTEC, but the ABS module outputs wheel speeds on P8, P10, P12, and P14. Not sure the exact nature or type of the signal. I don't think it outputs the pressure signals anywhere other than via the CAN, but you could just split off the can lines and run them directly to your AiM I think. Maybe someone who runs the CAN to the AiM can comment more accurately on this.

Thanks for any insight!

My Cars
    2001 525i Sport Wagon
    I got wheel speeds via CAN on the Motorsport version.

Also, the warning light was nice to have. Every once in a while, the ABS didn't power up well and needed it's ACC cycled.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    Peter Florance
    PFTuning.com

My Cars
    88 E30 M3 S65
    1. Yes you just need power, ground the the diag line to the OBD plug (white with violet tracer).
    2. I have added pin to a switch to ground. My harness didn't come with it initially. The guy I trust most about ABS issues says it is a good idea to have it. I had it ganged to the ground but have changed it to where it can be switched (for future upgrades)
    3 and 4. I have 2 big wires run thru switches and fuses to turn the ABS on.
    5. I run a pressure switch in one of my rear brakes lines. It send 12v to the brakes lights and the ABS. Works fine.
    6. Depends on the speed the ABS talks on and the Motec listens on. I know nothing about Motec CAN. As I understand it, the E46 ABS talks on a speed of 500k. Dunno if you can tell the Motec to what speed and what to listen for. I thought about upgrading my ABS to an E90 unit (Mk60E5) but it talks at a different speed (1Mb) so the E46 ABS can't talk to my S65 ECU. I do have an AiM MXG and have the 2nd CAN input however I had to buy a CAN emulator for it to really work and not give errors on boot up to get that data transfer. Solution works well but it was not cheap (then add on the 2nd AiM harness and getting that ABS data to the dash was about $5-600 alone. I can also have the warning light on the dash- I could never get a straight LED to work.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast