Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DIY - Code used E39 DSC module w/ NCS Expert

My Cars
    BMN 525iAT E39
    I bought a new ABS/DSC box /Bosch 5.7 "1265950002" (same code than old one).
    I can read vehicle data (ZCS/FA f) from all ECUS. But then it not show DSC ECU, only ASC5 ECU (witch should not be there), but I have DSC!
    Profile: Expertmode.
    Modules appears:
    ABG,ASC5,EWS,GM3,IHKR,KMB,LCM;RAD,SM

I tried with old ABS box and it make same.
    Then I tried code ASC5 module, it was wrong and got I got ASC5 codierindex=h10 error.
    New ABS identified in INPA and I already calibrated steering wheel senser.
    Only error "ABS -> 17/FF - Coding Error" after I calibrated steering angle sensor"
    DCS/ABS worked 3 years, until got DSC light, (error code: brake pressure sensor and preload pump), but I think that was a bad module.
    VIN decoder shows:
    "S210A Dynamische-Stabilitäts-Control=Dynamic stability control"
    Old daten files or where is problem?
    But I can't find newer than v.41.
    I tried INPA version 4.4.7/5.0.2/6.5.2.
    Do I have to install EasyDIS?

First one is old ECU and second new one.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unit BMWTNR HW SW-FSW CI DI BI/VI Date Odometer VIN ADFG Algorithm
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ABS -> 6.757.595 55 03 10 16 3C 06/01 - - - DSC5.7
    ABS -> 6.769.537 55 03 10 16 3C 07/14 - - - DSC5.7

E39 525iA 2001.

Edit:
    I think that I solved it.
    I used BMW decoder, decoded old FA/SA, activated DSC option, encoded, one number changed. Started NCS expert, readed ZCS, then entered ZCS manually, and changed one 0->9 to FA/SA number and after that, DSC module was in coding list! Then I coded it and warning lights and ABS error code was gone!
    Last edited by Walopower; 10-29-2014 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Solved

My Cars
    bmw e39 touring 530d
    hi im trying to program my abs module as i get the same errors u did, im new on inpa, managed to install everithing and i get as far as "choose ECU" and it woldnt go pass that no mather what it says cannot connect to ecu.....any suggestions?

My Cars
    BMN 525iAT E39
    Yes, I suggest that you first change ZCS to ZCS were is correct module:
    http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...26&postcount=9
    Last edited by Walopower; 09-03-2015 at 03:09 AM.

My Cars
    bmw e39 touring 530d
    the thing is that everithing was fine until someone done a a abs module update with DELPHI and now i got all 3 lights on dsc/abs/brake ....i dont know what happened cold be that delphi coldnt code the vin back into the module or that it changed the dsc to asc....

as i said im new on inpa so what do u mean by change ZCS TO ZCS?

My Cars
    BMN 525iAT E39
    Yes you need to modify your ZCS. Then write it first to all three modules.

My Cars
    bmw e39 touring 530d
    where can i get bmw decoder? is it part of inpa?

My Cars
    bmw
    wow, i need this! thanks again for sharing!

My Cars
    BMN 525iAT E39
    bmw decoder is not part of INPA, just search from web.

My Cars
    bmw e39 touring 530d
    i cant find a working link, dose anyone have bmw decoder zcs?

- - - Updated - - -

FOUND IT !! THERE IT IS FOR WHO NEEDS IT

http://www.svetlio.org/inpa3/BMW%20Decoder%20v0.4/

- - - Updated - - -

found the decoder...now if you don't mind can u explain to me in english what do i need to change with what? so i don't end up messing the car up thank you in advance

My Cars
    bmw e39 touring 530d
    found zeco zcs

http://chomikuj.pl/trandolf/INNE/zek...8.rar(archive)

- - - Updated - - -

still stuck at "select ECU" can anyone help??? got all the software just cant figuere it out how to change zcs

My Cars
    bmw e39 touring 530d
    fixed !!!!! needed to mod the obd cable like this

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=672940

and everything went sweet after

My Cars
    2006 750i
    Tankraid I tried coding my dsc module in ncs on a e65 2004 745i and i didn't have dsc in the list, similar to your issue. Do you think i need the bmw decoder to verify the zcs? Can you pm me a copy?
    Thanks,

My Cars
    BMN 525iAT E39

My Cars
    2002 BMW X5 4.4i
    I know this is an old thread, but I've to say to all: THANK YOU!!! My X5 had its dsc module dead beyond repair. So, as I usually do for electronics stuff, I went to one local so called BMW specialized indy shop, just to find out he was asking me to go for a $1k repair cost including labor because of the module being dead with a $50 diagnosis cost (for something I already knew). I was in shock, how would I spend that much for a car of that year? (2002 btw). So, I did my homework as I should've done in the first place and found this thread, so I went and found 2 modules to try, the first one was of a 2001 and I learned it won't fit because of the FW/HW combo that changed for my model. So, next module was tear down from a 2003 X5, I checked the part number against Real OEM and it was an exchangeable part, so it should fit. Installed NCSExpert, installed the module into the hood, then followed these instructions and voila! Coded to the car, and now I'm good to go. Total cost: $350 for the module with the pump and pressure sensor too (they didn't want to sell the module only, so I've spare parts now just in case). Took me about 1 hour and a half just because I don't have the right tools to reach the screws and taking headlight off the car and reversing the process to install. Time spent coding: 30 seconds or so.

Again... THANK YOU ALL!!!

My Cars
    '15 435i,'10 535i,'08 X5
    Congratulations, glad it worked for you.

My Cars
    2001 bmw 530i
    Quote Originally Posted by pshovest View Post
    The DSC module failed on my ’00 528iM. I shipped to Module Masters. MM said it was not repairable and sold me a repaired unit w/ 5 yr warranty. I installed repaired module and speedometer, odometer and cruise control now functioned. However, the DSC light, triangle w/ circular arrow, remained lit. INPA/Ediabas reported (2) error codes. Steering Angle sensor and EGS module (AT trans) CAN bus speed error. Steering angle calibration was completed thru INPA, code was cleared and remained cleared Apparently repaired module came from an AT vehicle, mine was a MT. I could not clear this error, coding was necessary.

The following procedure worked for me, YMMV. You have been warned.
    ======================
    Install module.
    Fileè Load Profile

=======================
    Choose Expertmode

=============================

Choose F1 VIN/ZCS/FA

===========================

Choose F3 ZCS/FA f.ECU

===============================

Choose E39 Chassis

================================

Choose ECU, OK. I don’t believe it matters which ECU. NCS Expert is going to read VIN/ZCS/FA information from one of these modules. I choose IKE.

========================

NCS fills in vehicle data.
    Choose F3, ZCS/FA f. ECU.

====================================

Below “get coded” seems to be a list of all the modules that can be coded.
    Be careful here. Choose F4 Process ECU to code a SINGLE MODULE.

===========================

Choose ECU to be coded

==================================

Note “get coded” now shows only DSC.
    (3) files to be used are shown below JOBNAME
    Choose F3 Execute Job.

================================

Coding was finished in ~ 5 seconds.
    DSC light on dash switched off.
    EGS CAN bus speed error was no longer present after checking with INPA. There were no new codes stored for DSC module.

Paul S
    BMW CCA 69606
    I did it same way and the Coding went through without any issues. but my lights stayed on. and errors showed 3 of my 4 abs sensors weren't working which is wrong. also my speedo stopped working which wasnt the case with my original faulty one. when i put my old module back on everything is fine except the module has only one error 55 ASC cut off valve. please help. thanks

My Cars
    '15 435i,'10 535i,'08 X5
    If it was a used module, it was likely defective. If it was a brand new module, it needs to be programmed with WinKFP before it can be coded with this DIY.

My Cars
    1997 328i
    Hi Everyone,

Reviving an old thread, but just wanted to throw my hat in the ring to say these instructions worked perfectly for me. I have a new-to-me 525iT manual swap that had the trifecta on when I bought it. Thought it was a wheel speed sensor, but suddenly both front wheel sensors came up as codes and I suspected the ABS module. Thankfully the seller thought it was probably a module issue and had given me a spare junkyard ABS module. Doesn't seem like modules are exactly the same based on numbers (in the below photo the faulty module is on the right, and the junkyard module is on the left). Either way, installed new module, immediately used NCSExpert to code to my car using the instructions here (I have "factory coding" not "expert mode" on my NCSExpert install), but everything went perfectly. No steering angle reprogramming needed that I can see. First drive I went to a gravel rode near by and tried a sudden low speed stop and the ABS kicked in perfectly! All trifecta off for now (knocking on wood...).

IMG_0615.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12