Thread: Weird - INPA/DIS works on 00 E39 but not my 01 E39

Weird - INPA/DIS works on 00 E39 but not my 01 E39

I have tried multiple version of INPA with my KKL Vag cable (locum's cable) - all of which work fine in my 00 M5 in all modules (under hood plug). All of those same versions of INPA also work for my 2001 M5 (under dash plug) as well BUT ONLY FOR READING or writing DME/ENGINE information. None of the other modules can be read.

It should also be known that DIS works fine on my 2000 as well. . .but NOT my 2001.

Am I missing something stupid? Could it just be the OBD plug on the 01? But then why can I code the DME and read from INPA??

Any help would be great!

My Cars
    E46 328i 99
    I guess your VAG KKL doesn't have 7&8 pins bridged.This is a reason why you can connect just to DME module by using OBDII plug.

Quote Originally Posted by PitrekT View Post
    I guess your VAG KKL doesn't have 7&8 pins bridged.This is a reason why you can connect just to DME module by using OBDII plug.
    No...it is..

Quote Originally Posted by PitrekT View Post
    Wait...embarrassed and ashamed.... As many of these cables as I have made and used...my solder skills still suck...PitrekT was correct. I had a bad jump between 7 and 8.

Thanks!