Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: M3 GT Imola Individual

My Cars
    1998 M3 GT II

E36 M3 GT Imola Individual - No. 01/50

I have a wanted post on here for a LTW strut brace, I may as well show my car and introduce myself also . . .

After a long wait to buy one, I lifted my GTII fromthe collection company last night.

The car needs very very little, back bumper is a shade off, and a small mark on the boot lid.

Car drives and pulls 100%, no rattles at all so I'm very happy!
    The M3 currently has Eibach springs, 850i Brembos, E46 Front Discs, Stainless Brake Hoses, Polybushes . . .

Excuse the crap pics, left it until it was getting dark and hadn't washed or polished it.

Some parts sitting ready for it . . .
    Front USDM number plate delete (pretty pointless really lol)

Straight through stainless steel exhaust, I have bought and sold a few and settled on this one

Badge

I was going to try an e30 evo sport gurney flap,but I have now got peak performance e36 ones

K&N

OEM Rear Sunblind

E46 M3 3.62 Diff Crown Wheel & Pinion

Cruise Control Stalk (I'll gather up the actuators etc for a retrofit)

Z3 Rear Strut Reinforcement Plates

Spare First Aid Kit

The M3 GTII as standard comes with a good few OEM upgrades such as;
    - Electric Seats
    - Electric Rear Windows
    - Electric One Touch Sunroof
    - Polished Motorsports
    - Side Airbags
    - HK Sound System
    - Illuminated Gearknob
    - Red Stitched Steering Wheel & Handbrake
    - Class II Spoilers
    - Front Cornet Splitters
    - Interior / Exterior in Imola Red
    There is probably more that I missed.
    OEM upgrades that I want (so far)
    - Aero Package (Gurney Flaps)
    - Front GT Splitter
    - GT Strut Brace
    - Euro GT / Class II Plaque (Without the c/f insert)
    - Heated Seats
    - Cruise Control
    - Parking Distance Control
    - Fire Extinguisher
    - Red Tabs on Steering Wheel
    - Headlight Washers
    - Alloy Doors (Don't know if I would be bothered changing from originals though)
    Plans are to add a few more BMW optional extras, with mods like a Z3m shifter, z3 rack, conv. x brace . . .
    Future plans will then be cams, carbon plenum and alpha n!

Last edited by M3GTii; 05-05-2012 at 02:53 PM.

My Cars
    1998 M3 GT II
    Old & New Exhaust

Some underneath pics, nothing really exciting . . .

Some the brembos, not a lot of clearance

Exhaust on

PDC Kit

The original M3 GT badge has arrived, these aren't available anymore. This one came from France thanks to a e36coupe member (namely the main man eMjiDe )

Compared to the replica one I had, the replica is metal and better quality that the OEM ones!

Boring stuff, but may be useful to people needing one, as info on the original badges is scarce

Headlight washers came today, might fit these this weekend. . .

SRA module

Hoses and all brackets / fitttings

Grill panel with holes, to use as a guide

5litre washer bottle (handy for the winter . . . even though the car won't be out much)

The picture JUST about shows the 5L . . . interesting eh? :-)

Heated Seat Switches

Fitted

Badge for the spoiler, same as Helm's on e36coupe.com

Another PDC sensor loom to replace the one I cut

ACS loom (using it to switch something else, wanted an OEM switch instead of a rocker switch

The car is getting a remap next week, and also the spare diff sent away to get the 3.62 internals fitted!
    (I copied and pasted the pics from my other thread, so there may be stray comments )

My Cars
    1998 M3 GT II
    Interior

My Cars
    97,98 E36 M3
    So HOT!!!
    98 M3 Coupe
    intake/muffler delete/M50 Manifold/Tuned
    97 M3 Sedan
    intake/X-pipe/ weight redux

Sold Cars
    99 M3, 95 M3, 92 325i, 95 325i, 09 135i, 96 328i

My Cars
    BMWs
    Wow, absolutely fantastic.

Facebook for special NEWS and OFFERS- Motion Motorsport LLC
    Instagram for GIVEAWAYS and CONTESTS- @MotionMotorsport

"By enthusiasts, for enthusiasts. Quality components for the street and track."

My Cars
    1991 330iS
    Awesome awesome awesome stuff so far! For the rarity of these cars you shure seem to see a lot of them poping up in the UK!

Couple questions:
    Are the crown and pinion the only 2 parts you need for the E46 M3 diff. ratio conversion? I was always under the impression a plethora of parts were needed.

Are the 8 series calipers a straight swap for the OEM ones or do you need new brake lines as well? And what E46 are those front rotors from and what diameter are they?
    I know the car came with these parts already installed so no worries if you dont have the answers

keep up the great work!

Avusblau 1994 Euro M3 --> Journal Here
    Lagunagrün 1991 331iS-->Journal Here

My Cars
    1998 M3 GT II
    Quote Originally Posted by 3MPowered View Post
    Awesome awesome awesome stuff so far! For the rarity of these cars you shure seem to see a lot of them poping up in the UK!

Couple questions:
    Are the crown and pinion the only 2 parts you need for the E46 M3 diff. ratio conversion? I was always under the impression a plethora of parts were needed.

Are the 8 series calipers a straight swap for the OEM ones or do you need new brake lines as well? And what E46 are those front rotors from and what diameter are they?
    I know the car came with these parts already installed so no worries if you dont have the answers

keep up the great work!
    Thanks for the comments!

There was only 50 made and this last 6 months quite a few have appeared for sale, perhaps this is because less people can afford to keep cars as a future investment. . . who knows, I'm happy as it is my dream car and I never thought I'd be able to afford one! . It already having mods that I wanted was a big bonus.

The 8 series calipers go straight onto m3 hubs ( 7 series have a different mounting hole spacing), some people use 330i discs although I believe these a few mm smaller in diameter where as the e46 m3 discs are perfect.

Brake lines are a straight fit, the previous owner of mine put braided hoses on while he was changing.

Regards the diff ratio change over, when going into a 210 lsd diff it should only be the cw&p as far as I know. I have heard people saying that about output shafts needing changed but I can't confirm this until I have it done ( I hope not though!)
    Last edited by M3GTii; 12-28-2011 at 08:45 PM.

My Cars
    96 M3
    fapping brb

EDIT: what brand is the exhaust if i missed it? got a sound clip btw?
    Last edited by GTRSv; 12-28-2011 at 09:05 PM.

My Cars
    1998 M3 GT II
    The exhaust isn't a big brand name, I had an ACS one and a few scorpions but sold them to buy this one as it looked completely original!

It was made by guys at Klarius, they own Bosal a big exhaust manufacturer. They made a batch of them as one of the people had an m3 track car.

It wasn't an expensive exhaust, it fitted absolutley perfect though and sounds well (don't have a clip, but I will take one)

My Cars
    1991 330iS
    Thanks for the info! You should feel so lucky to have a car so well looked after and tastefully modified to use as a template.

Also very interested in an exhaust clip! The muffler you fitted looks like an OEM muffler but I'm guessing it's not? Was the mid section a custom jobby or something you bought off a retailer/shop?

My Cars
    1998 M3 GT II
    Klarius made the full system.

I'm guessing that using th machines / templates at their disposal they were able to make the back box to the same design as standard. (Internally it is a "straight through type" according to the seller)

The middle section they offered wither with or without cats, I chose the striaght through option!

It isn't crazy loud, it definitely does make a good noise!

My Cars
    2004 BMW M3
    1/50.

Why BMW, why you no like North America?

Emissions ftl.

My Cars
    1998 M3 GT II
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharocks View Post
    1/50.

Emissions ftl.
    lol, many people say they done these to shift on the remaining e36's . .. I'm happy enough either way!

My Cars
    E36 M3, 11 X5d, 16 F31
    Quote Originally Posted by M3GTii View Post
    I have a wanted post on here for a LTW strut brace, I may as well show my car and introduce myself also . . .

After a long wait to buy one, I lifted my GTII fromthe collection company last night.

The car needs very very little, back bumper is a shade off, and a small mark on the boot lid.

Car drives and pulls 100%, no rattles at all so I'm very happy!
    The M3 currently has Eibach springs, 850i Brembos, E46 Front Discs, Stainless Brake Hoses, Polybushes . . .
    With a little bit of diligence you should be able to find a used OE/OEM LTW strut brace. However, if you don't find one, you should look at this: http://www.rallyroad.net/content/ral...trut-tower-bar

Here is a comparison of the two:

The closest I've seen to the OE unit.

Based on some of your pics, you have some rust building up around the rear. Make sure you look at it so it doesn't spread to the subframe etc....

This car is too unique to let it go.

lol, many people say they done these to shift on the remaining e36's . .. I'm happy enough either way!
    Since you're going to retrofit cruise I thought I'd throw this out there for you: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1617377

Keep us posted. Great car!
    Last edited by Jim E.; 12-29-2011 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    E36 M3, 11 X5d, 16 F31
    The M3 GTII as standard comes with a good few OEM upgrades such as;
    - Electric Seats
    - Electric Rear Windows
    - Electric One Touch Sunroof
    - Polished Motorsports
    - Side Airbags
    - HK Sound System
    - Illuminated Gearknob
    - Red Stitched Steering Wheel & Handbrake
    - Class II Spoilers
    - Front Cornet Splitters
    - Interior / Exterior in Imola Red
    There is probably more that I missed.
    OEM upgrades that I want (so far)
    - Aero Package (Gurney Flaps)
    - Front GT Splitter
    - GT Strut Brace
    - Euro GT / Class II Plaque (Without the c/f insert)
    - Heated Seats
    - Cruise Control
    - Parking Distance Control
    - Fire Extinguisher
    - Red Tabs on Steering Wheel
    - Headlight Washers
    - Alloy Doors (Don't know if I would be bothered changing from originals though)
    Plans are to add a few more BMW optional extras, with mods like a Z3m shifter, z3 rack, conv. x brace . . .
    Future plans will then be cams, carbon plenum and alpha n!
    BTW, alloy doors do not have provisions for your side airbags.

Attached are the full specs of your car.

Cheers.
    Attached Files Attached Files

My Cars
    1991 330iS
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharocks View Post
    1/50.

Emissions ftl.
    Lol, it's not that they didn't like us, it's that BMW NA thought Americans were too cheap to spend $60K on an M3.

The 45 Euro M3's that were sold in Canada went for roughly $70K in 1994 dollars. Comparatively, new M3's sold for about the same worth when the E92 came out.

My Cars
    1998 M3 GT II
    Jim thanks for the info, I didn't know that the alloy doors wouldn't accept the side airbags!

I am actually happy with that, as I don't want to start painting doors!

I haven't done any work/ cleaning underneath yet, it is getting waxed next week and I will get the underneath looked over too.

That Strut brace is very very similar, I really want to keep it OEM stuff but I could make an exception with that!

I want to paint the inserts on my steering wheel (imola red ones are available from BMW). I did read that thread a few weeks back and have been on the lookout for an m tech e39 wheel to borrow the buttons from (Keeping my original red stiched wheel).

I was going to go with the e39 cruise, especially as the e36 m3 cruise is hard to find complete here. A complete kit (from an m3 evo) has actually came up in the last few days so I am in 2 minds whether to buy the OEM e36 cruise and not be able to use the steering buttons, or go the full e39 way and have cruise from the steering wheel (painting the inserts imola red :-) )

When I have the spare diff built up with the 3.62 internals, I am going to build a spare polybushed subframe (hopefully powder coated), which is where some of the bits of rust are.

The flash on the camera makes it look worse that it is, if that makes sense.
    Last edited by M3GTii; 12-29-2011 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    1998 M3 GT II
    Few more bits done today and at the weekend.

Central locking button to fit someday, we didn't get these! Not that exciting but handy to have

Washer jets fitted the other night, still have to run the wire to the module but the jist of it is all done now

K&N came today with spare standard heathield

PDC sensors ready for fitting and fitting . . .

My PDC corner trims aren't original ones, hey are standard trims drilled for sensors (so I found out today), so I removed the proper holders from the spare compact PDC trims

No good though, so I have another proper set coming to add to my collection of rear trim lol

Middle PDC trim fitted, I have the bumper trimed and ready for the side ones also
    [img]http://i892.photobucket.com/albums/ac125/UnWelcomeCharges/M3GTII/100_2545.jpg
    [/img]

K&N fitted (it was getting dark though . . .)

The car is going to get a winter protection done tomorrow. Upcoming jobs are fitting the parts that should come this week, an x brace, full pdc power loom, genuine mudflaps (winter pack) and full retrofit cruise control ;-)

Here is a picture from the other day (before the washer jets)

My Cars
    E36 M3, 11 X5d, 16 F31
    Looking good! Keep up the good work.

While you're at it, and since it's nice to spend other people's money, you should think about modifying your headlights to HIDs. But for the love of all that is good in this world, please do NOT add angel eyes!

Done properly, it will look like this:

Which is to say it will look OE!

My Cars
    1998 M3 GT II
    Thanks Jim, I definitely won't be going for angel eye headlights lol

I would like the proper OEM yellow lenses for the headlights and fogs, butdon't think I will do it in case it spoils the car.

My Cars
    triple rare US E36 M3
    this may seem like a silly question but do the Euro GTs come stock w/ brembos?
    BMWCCA Member 376052
    RIP Pandashizzle

My Cars
    1998 M3 GT II
    Not a silly question, the brembos are off an 850i using e46 m3 discs. The *50i brembos bolt stright onto the m3 hubs.

My Cars
    Imola Euro Swap
    I envy your car ALOT!

My Cars
    Toyota Prado TX L
    Awesome car and mods, would love to see it with the OEM yellow headlights and fogs

My Cars
    Imola Euro Swap
    Here's my setup! This is what it would look like if you did decide to go french on imola... Id personally keep it clear all the way around though, it gets old really fast!

Last edited by JCooper; 01-06-2012 at 01:00 AM.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast