Thread: 03 540iT light 'ticking' from dash area, vehicle speed related?!

My Cars
    03 M3T, 03 M5T/SC, 01 M5

03 540iT light 'ticking' from dash area, vehicle speed related?!

So this past Saturday I had some new tires installed. Coincidentally (I say that because there's no evidence that the tires had anything to do with it, but the sound happened to start when I left Discount Tire), I now have a vehicle-speed related very light 'tick' noise as I increase vehicle speed. You can't really hear it until you get moving around 15mph or faster, and then it just increases in frequency the faster the car goes.

I immediately returned to the tire shop, and they said they could not get all the adhesive off from the tire stickers and maybe that was the cause, so I agreed to drive off and report back in, but days later it's still there. I put the car on my lift, removed the remaining residue and took it for a test drive and the tick is still there. I rotated the wheels while it was up in the air and there was no sound other than light brake noise which i expect from pads lightly touching rotors.

I tried putting the car in neutral at various speeds but the sound is definitely related to the vehicle speed rather than the engine speed.

I'm stumped at this point.

Any ideas as to what to check?
    2003 Ferrari Red M3 3.5L wagon // 2011 Montego Blue tri-turbo 335d wagon
    2012 Deep Sea Blue X5d // 2003 Orient Blue 330i wagon
    In progress/For Sale: 2003 Alpine White M3/ZHP wagon // 2003 Japan Red M3/ZHP wagon

My Cars
    02-540iT
    I've got the same damn noise....turn the radio up. Works great :-)

My Cars
    03 M3T, 03 M5T/SC, 01 M5
    I noticed that pulling up on the e-brake slightly eliminates the noise, so I'll have to pull the rear rotors and check if everything is tight and check the condition of the shoes. Maybe just needs adjustment.
    2003 Ferrari Red M3 3.5L wagon // 2011 Montego Blue tri-turbo 335d wagon
    2012 Deep Sea Blue X5d // 2003 Orient Blue 330i wagon
    In progress/For Sale: 2003 Alpine White M3/ZHP wagon // 2003 Japan Red M3/ZHP wagon