Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Project 840Ci

My Cars
    1997 BMW 850Ci M73
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesman View Post
    I am waiting for responce on best HID kit too.
    http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...ast-35W-or-55W
    Here's where I got mine. They work great, cheap, easy install, and lifetime warranty. Mine were reverse polarity. Just flip the plug around and it still fits snug. Get the 35W for our small plastic housings because the 55W might melt it they say.
    Last edited by SanDiego850; 07-22-2012 at 09:36 PM.

My Cars
    1994 840ci,'97 M3
    moto 4s sorry that was a brain fart. I meant to say the car is running rich at the moment.

Bigsvering. Main mods were i had to take out the ac to add a custom made bracket for support. Also i used a e36 coolant reservoir instead of the e31. it was hitting the tensioner on the bracket.

Not sure how long the pump will last. Im running 60 pound injectors

My Cars
    1994 840ci,'97 M3
    hey guys so been a while since i have posted. just did the valve cover gaskets on the car and thought i should post some pics up. Also a video of the engine runing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ6o9rD8B9k.

Any one know how to attach pics that are a larger size than allowed?

My Cars
    93 fjord grey 850csi
    Quote Originally Posted by olinjohnston1 View Post
    I am in support of everything except the "rewrap" of the interior in Alcantara.

1. With such low km, your stock Nappa leather interior is probably nicer than 90% of the E31s left in the world, and there is nothing wrong with leather seats.

2. Unless you are able to source genuine Alcantara, which is over $80/yard, any other microfiber "suede" from an upholstery shop will look cheap, and will not wear well over time.

3. The things that people do in order to "set their car apart" are the same things that make them end up blending in with all the other junky old BMWs. It's the most original looking cars that people are in awe of at the meets. These are the rarities - the ones who have been upgraded subtly without being bastardized by an owner during its lifetime.

Even the supercharger can bolt-on-and-off, but the interior is delicate and only original once.

I will say though (from personal experience) that supercharged BMWs are fun, but they are not always easy to own. With aftermarket forced induction, be prepared to give up a significant amount of "normal engine behavior" and reliability.

This is just my personal opinion. Thanks for sharing your car with us. It is really beautiful. The 6-Speed and that differential will spice it up significantly!
    I would also not go with a 3.45 diff, I have a 3.25 with the 6 speed and I find it is just a notch too short in the gearing, to make 1st gear really useable and while it may work with an auto, short gearing with a supercharged engine will be slower when you take into account the time used by changing gear instead of faster, use a gearing calculator as i believe you will run out of revs at about 30kmh in 1st gear with that ratio I would tend to go 3.15 or perhaps even stay with the standard 2.93
    Last edited by merlin840; 03-12-2013 at 06:24 PM.

My Cars
    E31 4.4, E66 V12, E70 TT
    Love it! Thats basically what I want to do to mine +intercooler.
    1994 E31 840CI "Sport" 4.4 - Hellrot Red - Black Nappa Leather - Every Option available - OEM 65M Wheels, EDC delete/Bilstein, M60-M62 engine transplant, updated software, CSI Steering box & AHK, Full AC Schnitzer kit, Wood Trim, Front Plate Delete, Xenons + LEDs, Tints, Black Ind. headliner, BREMBO BBK, Hamann Exhaust, Custom aluminium throttle bushings, KAW springs, Strong Strut, Greg K GenII sway bars, Camber Plates, Stut tower reinforcements, X-Brace, Wokke chips, Wokke Sphericals, PM Steer Plates, H&R Spacers, Pioneer AVIC-F60DAB + more.

1994 E34 530i
    - Calypsorot + Many mods

2008 E66 760LI V12 - Every Option Available + Full Individual Composition

2015 F02 750LI Xdrive - Every Option Available + Full Individual Composition

2013 E70 40d TT - Full BMW Performance Kit

2016 F06 M6 Gran Coupe Individual

My Cars
    1995 840Ci
    avee, very cool

My Cars
    BMW 850
    This car is looking amazing. I demand pictures of it.

My Cars
    e36 332is, e38-SOLD, e31
    Gotta bring this thread back! Whats up with the car now? I really want to see some more pics too!!! Any luck figuring out how to upload them? I know I've done it, wasn't that tricky; you can even do it in the "Quick Reply" box. Keep us updated!

My Cars
    97 840c & 540I6 90 535im
    Quote Originally Posted by ///M RACER 415 View Post
    Gotta bring this thread back! Whats up with the car now? I really want to see some more pics too!!! Any luck figuring out how to upload them? I know I've done it, wasn't that tricky; you can even do it in the "Quick Reply" box. Keep us updated!
    Yes whats up with the car Avee?
    97 840ci-99 540i6-90 535i5 all black

My Cars
    93 fjord grey 850csi
    Just a thought really
    but is there a reason why the supercharger kit is the preferred option?
    i have always thought admittedly i have done 0 research on the subject but from the limited knowledge i have on the subject is why not nitrous for the reason that it maybe expensive when you use it but by the same token you do not pay for it whilst you don't use it same economy and drive ability

My Cars
    91 850 Panzer
    Last I heard from Avee (Gary), this car had been in an accident and there was potential that the Provincial Insurance Company (ICBC) was going to write it off. This was a few months ago and I havent had an update since. This is a local BC car.
    91 850 (Panzer), 2012 Mini Cooper Countryman (WifeMobile) www.wuffer.ca

My Cars
    1994 840ci,'97 M3
    Hi guys appreciate all the love and interest. The car is currently in the bodyshop getting repaired along with a full csi kit being installed. Should have the car back by the end of the week and will update with some pictures.
    As for the accident some kid made a illegal left turn right into me and caused the following damage. took it to one of the best body shops in bc and all parts being replaced brand new oem so it took a while to get the cars
    been out of service since july last year. now on to the pics

Last edited by avee; 01-22-2014 at 11:02 PM.

My Cars
    E30 E31 E36 E46 E90 E91
    Any updates on your car?

My Cars
    1994 840CI & 1995 Rx-7
    Softly whispers: hardtop.

My Cars
    93 fjord grey 850csi
    isn't 51478128916 the part No for the no cd stacker option? and 51478128918 is the with cd stacker

My Cars
    1994 840ci,'97 M3
    Hi guys. Been a very very long time. Work life got busy and car was stored about 3-4 years ago. I have now this year pulled it out and straight onto the hoist lol. Car is getting the heads port and polished with updated hardware. Also going to be putting in a cut ring head gasket along with stronger head studs. I had an a/a inter-cooler put in before i parked it. to add to this ill be installing meth injection. Looking to run around 12psi and shoot for 500hp!...hopefully. Will update with some pictures soon

Cheers

My Cars
    97 850CI
    Quote Originally Posted by avee View Post
    Hi guys. Been a very very long time. Work life got busy and car was stored about 3-4 years ago. I have now this year pulled it out and straight onto the hoist lol. Car is getting the heads port and polished with updated hardware. Also going to be putting in a cut ring head gasket along with stronger head studs. I had an a/a inter-cooler put in before i parked it. to add to this ill be installing meth injection. Looking to run around 12psi and shoot for 500hp!...hopefully. Will update with some pictures soon

Cheers
    Looking forward to the new pictures and driving experience. 500 hp sounds real good.
    Desecrator of all things Sacred

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123