Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: So i hear you like matte blue BMWs,so here's mine.

My Cars
    1992 BMW 325is
    i do like the color very...... interesting but would definitely be more appreciated if say it had an mtec bumper some skirts headlights and less tire.....

cant wait for the affection i get when i start posting pics of my mess!!! haha
    ill give you a sneak peek its all gonna be gloss black, trim included! (cuz i dont give a shit) haha

and just to comment on your little aston martin, 911 story, the people that gave more of a shit about your car, due to color? rather than the rareness of the other two vehicles are probably really dumb and personally the crowd id like to avoid..... its probably the same crowd that looks at souped civics and thinks they are fast because of their useless wings and shit, so congrats you were successful at drawing the attention of idiots!
    haha
    Last edited by unbugai; 12-14-2011 at 01:45 AM.

My Cars
    bmw 318is 1997,540i
    Quote Originally Posted by unbugai View Post
    i do like the color very...... interesting but would definitely be more appreciated if say it had an mtec bumper some skirts headlights and less tire.....

cant wait for the affection i get when i start posting pics of my mess!!! haha
    ill give you a sneak peek its all gonna be gloss black, trim included! (cuz i dont give a shit) haha

and just to comment on your little aston martin, 911 story, the people that gave more of a shit about your car, due to color? rather than the rareness of the other two vehicles are probably really dumb and personally the crowd id like to avoid..... its probably the same crowd that looks at souped civics and thinks they are fast because of their useless wings and shit, so congrats you were successful at drawing the attention of idiots!
    haha
    The feeling i get when i see people in 911s giving me thumbs up (happend twice),not to mention BMW m3s,m5s..is one of the best feelings in the world.For people to appreciate the work and money that i've put into it,thats all i need.A glance.If i can get them to take a pic of my car,that is amazing.Because its a 7,000$ car 15yr old car.
    I dont get it why you guys are jealous on the fact it atracts atention...it is what it is.Its bound to atract atention when you got euro plates strapped to a matte blue car.
    Oh and i dont know what type of people they were cause i dont judge them like you do

My Cars
    94525i,96328is,96318ti
    This is worse than the matte purple e90 in R&S

My Cars
    94 BMW 325IS Coupe
    wait wait wait you spent $7,000 on a 1996 318IS? your a few crayons short of a full box. Someone pulled the wool over your eyes on that deal, the kelly blue book on your car is $2400 in good condition, and that's in stock form.
    Last edited by MrPink; 12-14-2011 at 09:06 AM.
    -Justin-
    ~94 BMW 325IS~
    ~03 Chevy 2500hd~

My Cars
    e84, e36, e21
    Quote Originally Posted by nestea69 View Post
    The feeling i get when i see people in 911s giving me thumbs up (happend twice),not to mention BMW m3s,m5s..is one of the best feelings in the world.For people to appreciate the work and money that i've put into it,thats all i need.A glance.If i can get them to take a pic of my car,that is amazing.Because its a 7,000$ car 15yr old car.
    I dont get it why you guys are jealous on the fact it atracts atention...it is what it is.Its bound to atract atention when you got euro plates strapped to a matte blue car.
    Oh and i dont know what type of people they were cause i dont judge them like you do
    You mis-typed an extra zero, right?

My Cars
    1992 BMW 325is
    sure id glance at it too..... id probably even "look" at it if i saw it drive by.... but then the criticism would begin.and yeah 7k? in that?
    i have almost 3k invested in a 325is and i feel its a bit much... and i did much more work+parts than what appears to be done on your 318.

and no ones jealous, i hope, haha but as soon as you start praising your car for having a color that stands out you will definitely hear tons of criticisms. so im not sure what you expected......
    ESPECIALLY after saying such bold statements as in 318 better looking than m3.

My Cars
    E36
    In for part out when it crashes!

but otherwise, this thread is
    BMW CCA Illini Chapter Vice President
    1995 M3
    - My Favorite DIY's and FAQ's

My Cars
    1 bicycle
    He meant 7k Canadian. Which is equivalent to about 900 dollars US... :O
    Someone stole my bike!
    17X9 Team dynamics for sale with sumitomo 255/40-17
    Excellent condition E36 headlights and fogs. Look new, for sale!
    Chevy s10 gutted ready to be dropped and cleaned a bit...

My Cars
    96 328IS
    i like how he said earlier that it had 240hp... that made me laugh...and the burnout that he was redlining before dumping the clutch..at the same time 1 tire started to spin hahaha. This is what happeneds when a honda owner buys a german car i suppose

My Cars
    '86 325 Sedan
    I think it looked cleaner with black wheels. And, if I had to paint the calipers and rad. support, I probably would have used the same light blue. I like how the black on the bumper boxes off on the edges.
    Overall, I dig the scheme.

But, OP: It doesn't really make sense to post this thread and invite criticism ('you be the judges'), and then get defensive when another user judges it with a thumbs down.
    You did this in real life for yourself and your own reasons. But, then you bring it here, and ask for our attention; you must have known how polarized the reactions would be. So, please, don't start biting at the nay-sayers. You asked for it.

My Cars
    bmw 318is 1997,540i
    Quote Originally Posted by unbugai View Post
    sure id glance at it too..... id probably even "look" at it if i saw it drive by.... but then the criticism would begin.and yeah 7k? in that?
    i have almost 3k invested in a 325is and i feel its a bit much... and i did much more work+parts than what appears to be done on your 318.

and no ones jealous, i hope, haha but as soon as you start praising your car for having a color that stands out you will definitely hear tons of criticisms. so im not sure what you expected......
    ESPECIALLY after saying such bold statements as in 318 better looking than m3.
    the car plus mods is 7k......do you think White Vader seats are 300$? no,they are 2100$
    Canada has much higher prices than the US.I wish i could buy cars from the US.But import taxes are BS.

Quote Originally Posted by 454rick View Post
    i like how he said earlier that it had 240hp... that made me laugh...and the burnout that he was redlining before dumping the clutch..at the same time 1 tire started to spin hahaha. This is what happeneds when a honda owner buys a german car i suppose

I said the M3 has 240hp............................................. .................................................. ......please take your time to READ.Again.
    Also,both tire spin since i have an LSD,but then again...you can see through cars so im not gonna argue with someone with X ray vision.
    Also,i dropped the clutch at 4000rpm.And i rode it till redline.
    This is what "happeneds" as you say when an illiterate attempts to make fun of someone before they know what they are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Moron95M3 View Post
    In for part out when it crashes!

but otherwise, this thread is
    you cant afford the parts.

are ...you serious?
    I paid 4000$ for the car + 12% canadian tax.4500$+vader seats 2100$=6700$+rims+wrap+lowering srpings for front+small stuff such as spoilers..
    So it was quite a bit more if i think about it.
    US prices and Canadian prices are quite different.
    Go on BMW right now,betweem US and Canada,you guys have a 13.000$ lower price on a M3 even though the $ value is practically the same.
    Also,i got a rly good deal on my 318is,right now on craigslist vancouver they go for 4-5k

BMW Canada M3 coupe:
    starting 71,700$
    BMW USA M3 coupe:
    starting 59,900$
    Not to mention you guys have cheaper taxes.
    So please ,do your research before you "attempt" to act smart.

Quote Originally Posted by jmills005 View Post
    I think it looked cleaner with black wheels. And, if I had to paint the calipers and rad. support, I probably would have used the same light blue. I like how the black on the bumper boxes off on the edges.
    Overall, I dig the scheme.

But, OP: It doesn't really make sense to post this thread and invite criticism ('you be the judges'), and then get defensive when another user judges it with a thumbs down.
    You did this in real life for yourself and your own reasons. But, then you bring it here, and ask for our attention; you must have known how polarized the reactions would be. So, please, don't start biting at the nay-sayers. You asked for it.
    I dont mind criticizm such as yours.However i do mind people who are just out to make fun of other people's cars and disagree with facts...i mean...who on this planet argues on what i paid for this car? how the hell can they say its not 7k when i paid more than that?i mean....thats just ridiculous.Fact is fact.
    Last edited by nestea69; 12-14-2011 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    96 328IS
    you realize mods add maybe 1/10th of their cost to the value of the vehicle right? and btw cars in canada are WAY cheaper than in the US...if i could i would buy a skyline,rx7 FD, and a mk4 supra for 4-5k a piece...ALLL DAY lol. u wont find any of those in the US for under 10-20...and most of em are fked up haha.

And as far as your cars worth...its only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it...which in this case...is less and less with each post you make...

My Cars
    Looks awesome. Love satin paint

My Cars
    '02 325ci
    Props for originality, to each his own.

My Cars
    94 BMW 325IS Coupe
    you just keep digging and digging.... saying that Eric(moron) cant afford the parts was just plain ass retarded. He probably has more in his M3 alone than you could ever put into your 318.

i cant believe you paid $2100 for your vaders. i have seen them for as low as $300/ea

where is the extra 3k worth of mods besides the seats?
    -Justin-
    ~94 BMW 325IS~
    ~03 Chevy 2500hd~

My Cars
    bmw 318is 1997,540i
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPink View Post
    you just keep digging and digging.... saying that Eric(moron) cant afford the parts was just plain ass retarded. He probably has more in his M3 alone than you could ever put into your 318.

i cant believe you paid $2100 for your vaders. i have seen them for as low as $300/ea

where is the extra 3k worth of mods besides the seats?
    Pls re-read where i posted all the mods.4000$ car + 2100$ seats + 1000$ wrap + 1200$ wheels + 200$ lowering springs + audio 400$ + a bunch of small stuff that adds up...around 8900$ without small things (spoilers,tailights,headlights...) I'm not going to repeat myself.
    And no he cant afford any of the parts from my car because i wownt ever sell it.And like i have said before,having an "M" car is not a Ferrari,they are quite cheap.Only reason i dont have an M3/M5 is cause i got my 540i for cheap.
    And i modify my cars myself because i want to buy a F10 or a 650i,with the money i get for both my cars i can put a hefty down payment.
    Also,the guy that said my cars are worth less and less with each post?
    what?
    i hope you are trolling...
    By that logic your car is worthless and you should pay people to buy your car.Tell you what,you give me 15,000$ and i'll buy your car.<and this ladies and gentlemen is what we like to call,Back fire,With your own ammo
    Last edited by nestea69; 12-15-2011 at 12:07 AM.

My Cars
    '90535i'94318is'96318ti
    And no he cant afford any of the parts from my car because i wownt ever sell it.
    Uummmm ..... your Craigslist ad is still up. Might want to take it down if you're never going to sell it. By the way, what car shows has this "show car" been in ??

http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/bn...694487542.html

My Cars
    bmw 318is 1997,540i
    Let me quote my last post.

"And i modify my cars myself because i want to buy a F10 or a 650i,with the money i get for both my cars i can put a hefty down payment"

Also,i stand corrected.I will never sell my 318is to that guy
    Also,its my show car,the show car i show to my customers when they come to see my wrap work.I havent taken it to any shows because there werent any yet since i finished it.
    Also,i doubt you are aware but you can take a rusted bus to a car show,all you need to do is pay for the spot....but..you probably knew that...yeah
    Last edited by nestea69; 12-15-2011 at 12:18 AM.

My Cars
    Broken as usual...
    people dont take the time to realize where your located at. the place and area can affect the type of cars you see. if you live in a small town then these cars are probably rare to you. if you live in bigger towns such as Nestea does, you see those kind of cars all over so its not such a big deal. in simple words, you see a hundred 911's in a row and somewhere in there you throw nestea's matte blue E36 in there.... who's car is gonna stand out now?

i live in a town with less than 55000 people in it and 911's are all over the place. the E92's are all over the place a couple of Ferrari's and lambo's and i think ive seen a bentley(not sure cuz i aint a fan of them) once before. but only a hand few of E36's. so very hard to get what i want off Craigslist

its your car bro. screw what anyone else things. wrap it hot pink just to piss them off more

My Cars
    2007 350 Z
    ya know nestea, you must be a real popular guy, cause you sure know how to make some friends here.

seriously. it's a f'ing forum. do you expect to come here and everyone say "OMG I love it and I love you cause you have a cool blue BMW OMG you're cooler than cool!$)(*@#!"

no.

you put your car out there for everyone here to see, and you should expect criticism. anyone could put a pic of their car up here, and there is gonna be someone that doesn't like it. get over yourself.

My Cars
    bmw 318is 1997,540i
    Quote Originally Posted by rllynch1 View Post
    ya know nestea, you must be a real popular guy, cause you sure know how to make some friends here.

seriously. it's a f'ing forum. do you expect to come here and everyone say "OMG I love it and I love you cause you have a cool blue BMW OMG you're cooler than cool!$)(*@#!"

no.

you put your car out there for everyone here to see, and you should expect criticism. anyone could put a pic of their car up here, and there is gonna be someone that doesn't like it. get over yourself.
    Thing is i could care less what everyone thinks,but when they accuse me of lying that i wrapped it and useless things like that i get annoyed.
    Im not here to make friends.I'm here to talk about cars,but there are too many 12 yr olds with M3s in their avatar.

My Cars
    2007 350 Z
    Thing is i could care less what everyone thinks.............but....... i get annoyed.

My Cars
    '03 Z4, '06 Forester
    7000. What the hell was I thinking when I sold my car for 3400.

My Cars
    bmw 318is 1997,540i
    Quote Originally Posted by rllynch1 View Post
    may i suggest http://www.pepto-bismol.com/ ?
    you will no longer be and you will be like

My Cars
    1995 bmw 325is S50B30
    noone gonna buy 318 for that much, not even in our crazy city seen your car in white rock and went.
    1995 325is 5 speed S50B30
    I like the colour, No Bias
    Because Racecar
    -Did you hear that?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast