Thread: Performance suggestions for 2000 BMW 323CI

My Cars
    2000 BMW 323CI

Performance suggestions for 2000 BMW 323CI

I just bought a 2000 323ci about 3 weeks ago. And I must say I am in love with it. I was wondering what kind of performance upgrades I could do to it? I would like to make the throttle more crisper and also switch gears a lot stronger it seems a little soft to me. I was looking at exhausts for it and they seemed very high priced too high for me at least. I was wondering if I could get some advice from someone on what upgrades I could add. I would like to spend a total of around 500-700$ on improving the car and making it even more fun to drive. Thanks for the help

My Cars
    00 328Ci
    If you want more power then youll need to be willing to front more money than that. You have to pay to play when it comes to getting a BMW to where most of us would want ours. so with that being said:

ill be honest with you if you want a deeper tone from the exhaust delete the resonators.
    any decent shop should do it for less than 100 bucks... it opens up some flow as well.

if i were to do my build again i would have started with my suspension.
    example coilovers, poly bushings, bigger sway bars, strut tower braces etc.

theres nothing like bombing through some winding roads and being able to come through the apex of a turn a good rate of speed.

Get some wheels and tires (out of your 500-700 range)

and check out some of the DIY threads or google e46 DIY and see what comes up there are a lot of little things you can do that are pretty cool.

My Cars
    2004 330i
    I have a 1999 323i 5 speed and i love it and have been doing some upgrades to make it quicker, ive done a cold air intake and that just give it a nice sound and alot better throttle responce..id also recomend replaceing the spark plugs, my PO put some crappy ones in and when i replaced them with some more expensive ones alot more power was there..Im going to put an exhaust in soon, going to delete the last resonator and put a magnaflow muffler on.
    good luck to you!!

My Cars
    2009 BMW 328i x-drive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vol323ci View Post
    I just bought a 2000 323ci about 3 weeks ago. And I must say I am in love with it. I was wondering what kind of performance upgrades I could do to it? I would like to make the throttle more crisper and also switch gears a lot stronger it seems a little soft to me. I was looking at exhausts for it and they seemed very high priced too high for me at least. I was wondering if I could get some advice from someone on what upgrades I could add. I would like to spend a total of around 500-700$ on improving the car and making it even more fun to drive. Thanks for the help
    All you can really do is make sure the maintenance items are done (oil, oil filter, air filter, cabin air filter, spark plugs, fuel filter, cooling system, etc.) and then refresh the suspension. You're going to exceed your budget on the maintenance items - but after that, you can refresh the suspension and brakes.

As far as getting more power, I hate to say it since I own one, but you'd have to sell it and buy a different car (330i, M3, etc.) or install a supercharger or turbocharger, either of which would cost more (if done properly) than you paid for the car.

My Cars
    00 328Ci
    Quote Originally Posted by Automaticftp View Post
    All you can really do is make sure the maintenance items are done (oil, oil filter, air filter, cabin air filter, spark plugs, fuel filter, cooling system, etc.) and then refresh the suspension. You're going to exceed your budget on the maintenance items - but after that, you can refresh the suspension and brakes.

As far as getting more power, I hate to say it since I own one, but you'd have to sell it and buy a different car (330i, M3, etc.) or install a supercharger or turbocharger, either of which would cost more (if done properly) than you paid for the car.
    agreed i charged my car... its not cheap

My Cars
    98 M3/4/5

My Cars
    2015 BMW M235i
    Quote Originally Posted by MusclesGlasses View Post
    lol everyone posts this link..

2015 M235i 6MT

My Cars
    98 M3/4/5
    Quote Originally Posted by nike001 View Post
    lol everyone posts this link..
    haha well it's easier than explaining the exact same thing over and over again.

My Cars
    BMW 323CI
    Whats up guys, Question. I want to change my front brakes and rotors on my BMW 323CI. Will the performance change if I use Aftermarket brake pads and rotors ??? This mechanic I'm work said you can use aftermarket parts it will mess everything up as far as the car goes ?? please Help

My Cars
    2002 330Ci, 1995 325is
    If you want better performance get a 330.

My Cars
    04 ZHP, 83 320i, 00 M5
    You can buy BMW performance six piston brakes.

My Cars
    EXOTICS
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryRamos View Post
    Whats up guys, Question. I want to change my front brakes and rotors on my BMW 323CI. Will the performance change if I use Aftermarket brake pads and rotors ??? This mechanic I'm work said you can use aftermarket parts it will mess everything up as far as the car goes ?? please Help
    For a daily driver, you can use aftermarket without fear.
    Now Henry, if you are expecting the performance of a HPDE prepped vehicle, then BMW OE is the way to go.
    Bottom Line> don't cheap out on brakes, as they are the determining factor along with tires, as to the amount of travel before stopping!