Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: so revshift...good or bad?

DUDMD is offline BMW Maniac Supporting Vendor
    My Cars
    95-540i/6 98-750iL
    Mine were very well formed. Looked good and fit perfect. I got an PM from revshift, they're going to replace my transmission mounts with mounts of the correct height, after I pull mine off and ship it to them. I'm going to have to do it soon and see if the correct height ones remove my current 2,000rpm vibrations.
    Performance Tuning and EWS Delete for MSS52/MSS54/MSS54HP/MS41/MS42/MS43/ME7.2/M5.2
    Virgnize DME service available to unlock DME to sync to another vehicle on EWS3 vehicles 98+. M5.2.1, M7.2, MS42, MS43, MS45, ME9.2 and more.

Easiest way to contact me is to send me a message on my facebook page "DUDMD Tuning"

My Cars
    E90 325i
    RevShift is GREAT. Cool guy, Great parts, he's local (to me) and is actually quite involved in the local car community.

Quote Originally Posted by GIANUCCI E30 View Post

Got to love that motorcity hustle
    This
    Last edited by projekt h; 11-13-2011 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    540i6, 540iA, RX7, RdBlk
    Quote Originally Posted by 5mall5nail5 View Post
    educating the masses...
    I just want to throw in here and mention the same thing Nucci just did - it's not a solid unit, they did put poly at the attachment holes to absorb the vibration/flex just like a stocker. It's just a more robust setup, also with easily replaceable poly bushes in the event of wear. I do understand what you're saying, but I agree with Nucci that this piece should work fine in this app - so much so that I'm going to get one myself.

Quote Originally Posted by toyotahachiroku View Post
    I've looked at more pictures of their parts. How did your mounts from them look? A few websites I've visited show the urethane having bubbles and holes in them and does not appear very uniform through out. Have any of you guys encountered this? I've only bought poly bushings from AKG and they always look perfect. Unfortunately they don't make engine mounts for m60.
    As I have the mounts in front of me right now, I can say with assurance that these are a very nice quality piece - well made and machined. The poly itself is perfect - no bubbles/voids/weird looking spots. I can gladly take and post lots of pics, but they'll be awfully boring. I'm quite happy with them since I received them, now I just need to get them installed.

Fox
    Last edited by K Fox; 11-14-2011 at 12:54 AM. Reason: spelling

My Cars
    BMWs
    Quote Originally Posted by K Fox View Post
    I just want to throw in here and mention the same thing Nucci just did - it's not a solid unit, they did put poly at the attachment holes to absorb the vibration/flex just like a stocker. It's just a more robust setup, also with easily replaceable poly bushes in the event of wear. I do understand what you're saying, but I agree with Nucci that this piece should work fine in this app - so much so that I'm going to get one myself.

Fox
    Still - a aluminum chunk with poly inserts is not going to dampen properly. You probably know my style - if I thought it was a good idea and thought it was necessary I'd have it. Its neither a good idea nor necessary.

My Cars
    e38 Msport, 2 e53 x5 4.6
    Still - a aluminum chunk with poly inserts is not going to dampen properly. You probably know my style - if I thought it was a good idea and thought it was necessary I'd have it. Its neither a good idea nor necessary.

No worries Jon. I'll let you know how it does and will gladly tell you if your right or wrong.

As for you... Jon

You owe me some of your time for all the dayum pms I sent asking for assistance on getting my MS unit running correctly which you never responded back to. ( turning the knife )

Since I've had to rebuild it from paperweight status and considering your only down the turnpike. Pm me a day when I can come down there.

Hell I'll bring the guibo with me so you can see and we can measure it first hand.

My Cars
    BMWs
    Sorry man - super busy with my own projects and am in no position to take on others!

My Cars
    e38 Msport, 2 e53 x5 4.6
    Sorry man - super busy with my own projects and am in no position to take on others!

How did I know you'd say that.

My Cars
    BMWs
    Quote Originally Posted by GIANUCCI E30 View Post
    How did I know you'd say that.
    Cuz I've been at work since 630A and won't be leaving for another 45 mins All week baby.

My Cars
    1996 328is
    Glad everyone here had an ok experience with them, i however did not. I had to send some mounts back. nothing wrong with them, i just decided to go another route. after several email and phone calls they finally got back to me. i was asking for an RMA to return the mounts. They asked what mounts I needed instead and i told them i didnt need other mounts, i just needed to return their unpoened unused mounts ( i expected a restock fee as it was not any issue on their end).
    Once they found out i didnt want an exchange instead a refund they went radio silent. i emailed for 10 days and called as well. no reply... i finally posted on one of their facebook/insta posts about them ghosting me and i needed the RMA. they immediately emailed me saying only "your address is the RMA". no sorry for the delay, nothing.. that was literally all the email said.

a month later still no refund.. again called and emailed for a week and nothing.. again went to social media and replied on one of their posts about them having the part for over a month and no refund. .. got a short email asking for my tracking number they claimed they never got it.
    after i sent the tracking, showing proof of receipt ( i sent signature required because i felt uneasy at that point) I got
    no email, just a notice of refund from sales department. no explanation, no apology, nothing..

i sent a follow up expressing my disappointment and frustration with their lack of response. i run a business and appreciate feedback and do everything i can for customer's to have a positive experience. i was giving them one last shot to save a future customer. i wsnt asking for anything free, i wasn't mean or spiteful..

their response was " well your refund was processed, good day".

i am an enthusiast and own 4 porsches, 9 work trucks (own a mid sized landscape company), my son has a porsche and 4 BMW, a 325 convertable e36, 2 335i and a 535i wagon. I have spent over $14K so far this year on parts restoring/ modifying our cars.. , and my son about the same.

these guys just lost my business forever..

products may be good but customer service was terrible..

i ended up with prothane motor mounts and the quality is night and day difference for only slightly more money..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12