Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Part needed - NLA from dealer

My Cars
    1997 328is

Part needed - NLA from dealer

I need to get two of the part #3 in this diagram.

Part number is 52208153256. If anyone has a pair in good shape, let me know how much you would sell them for.

Thanks,
    Jeff

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    A bit more info on what they are. I might have them. I had a coupe and I don't recognize that part but I bought an entire interior from an M3 coupe last year and he reallly stripped it. I got every little piece there was.

Also what kind of material is it? rubber, plastic, fiberboard, carpet?

My Cars
    1997 328is
    It is a plastic piece that snaps on to the top of each fold-down portion of the rear seat. Here are some pictures from ecstuning's web site.

My Cars
    1998 BMW 328i

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    Ok I just looked and that piece is part of the seat. I have a set of rear fold down rear seats but I would have to take those pieces off and basically ruin the value of the seats.

Can I talk you into buying a Dove Grey set of M3 rear fold down seats?

My Cars
    1997 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by flyfishvt View Post
    Ok I just looked and that piece is part of the seat. I have a set of rear fold down rear seats but I would have to take those pieces off and basically ruin the value of the seats.

Can I talk you into buying a Dove Grey set of M3 rear fold down seats?
    It really is tempting, but then I would have to convert the fronts from black to Dove Grey. It really is a beautiful color to have, would have been my first choice, just didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by 3B2M8Wi View Post
    I hope this works! Placed an order with them, we'll see if they can come through. Dealer and ecstuning both show this as NLA.
    Last edited by dsmblue; 11-03-2011 at 10:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My Cars
    6/96 318is
    My dealer will try to order 8 153 256, which still has a price. They should know the middle of next week. I'll let you know if we net anything

If everyone tried to order a couple, BMW might think they have a hot item and order some more.

My Cars
    1997 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by 3B2M8Wi View Post
    I checked with these people this morning after submitting the order, and got the same answer my local dealer said - NLA. They referred me to a west coast dealer who supposedly had a couple, but those sold within the last couple of weeks, and they can't get them either. I put an e-mail in to Tischer to see if they have some, but haven't heard back. It's starting to look like dismantling shops will be the only avenue.

If there are any positive developments, let me know.

My Cars
    1998 BMW 328i
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmblue View Post
    I checked with these people this morning after submitting the order, and got the same answer my local dealer said - NLA. They referred me to a west coast dealer who supposedly had a couple, but those sold within the last couple of weeks, and they can't get them either. I put an e-mail in to Tischer to see if they have some, but haven't heard back. It's starting to look like dismantling shops will be the only avenue.

If there are any positive developments, let me know.
    whats NLA?

My Cars
    2004 330 vert 2004 X5
    Nudist look away

My Cars
    1997 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by flyfishvt View Post
    Nudist look away
    Or the real answer, which is No Longer Available. I appreciate the humor!

My Cars
    1995 M3 Coupe, 2010 335d
    I am also in need of 2. The parts just start to fall to sticky little pieces. I do have a question about bmw parts. Now this is NLA, would they make another run for the parts later?

My Cars
    1995 BMW M3 Coupe
    It's 2018 and I can't find this part online anywhere. They all say it is no longer in production. S.O.L.

My Cars
    Turbo 97 E36 M3, 99 M3
    How do these install? Just press in?
    1997 Arctic Silver/Black M3
    CES Stage IV (651rwhp/615rwtq @ 24 psi)

1999 Techno Violet/Dove M3
    Auto/Convertible and staying stock!

My Cars
    80´ E21 316/94´ E36 325
    Has anyone found an aftermarket seller?
    BMW E21 316/1 & BMW E36 325i coupe

My Cars
    1994 325ic, 2012 328ic,
    I haven't looked specifically for this part but Aliexpress sometimes has odd parts.

My Cars
    1996 E36 328 Coupe
    I've been looking for this part too, and found this thread to be the only one forum thread about this part in whole internet. It would be nice to get them replaced but the part won't be available anymore at BMW shop here in Europe neither (it's EOL), and I haven't found a replacement part for it, so I'd like to recover them, if it will be possible?
    Some suggestion what I can do to get them recovered? It's how they look now.

Listwa tylnego oparcia #2.jpgListwa tylnego oparcia #1.jpg

While the left one may be full recoverable by taking it off in 1 piece, sanding, proper cleaning and re-painting it with a paint for bumpers, the right one is a bit cracked. It cracked when I've tried to take it off. Some ideas on how to take them off without falling apart? What's about the cracked part of it? May it be recovered with some thin carbon fibre net attached to the underside of it and then filling the cracked part with a 2 component epoxy (carbon fibre too?) putty? sanding, cleaning and repainting? Any better ideas?
    Last edited by bl00keRs; 05-11-2020 at 05:10 PM.

My Cars
    135is, 335i, 1999 328is
    Quote Originally Posted by bl00keRs View Post
    Any better ideas?
    If you have an intact piece, couldn't it be scanned and 3D printed? Might be costly, but the printer could find others who want the part. Like me.

My Cars
    1996 E36 328 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by mystreba View Post
    If you have an intact piece, couldn't it be scanned and 3D printed? Might be costly, but the printer could find others who want the part. Like me.
    That's a brilliant idea, sir! I wasn't really thinking about the 3D printer, and it might do the job! The left piece is intact, as you can see on the left picture, but how to get it off of the seat without breaking it? Is it glued to it or how should I start to pick it off? I've already tried with the one to the right, and as you can see on the 2nd picture, it fall apart a bit, and I was trying to be very gentle with it. I suspect it was already broken (partially) before I even tried. It's an 25 years old part so it needs to be handled very gentle, more gentle than an egg.
    Last edited by bl00keRs; 05-11-2020 at 06:07 PM.

My Cars
    1996 E36 328 Coupe
    I've disassembled these moldings and I'd like to share with you how I did it since internet is out of this kind of information, and I guess no one did it before me.
    Start from one of the sides and try to pry the molding rail from it's fastening on the back seat with a plastic pry tool while you try to pull it out bit by bit with your 2nd hand. It's not so hard since you know how to do it, and don't worry, these are elastic like a condom and won't brake easily, and even if you hear cracking sound, they aren't cracking, it's only the rail getting lose from it's fastening. The first one took me about 10 minutes to figure out how they're attached to the back seat and pry it out, and less than 3 minutes to the 2nd. Nothing has been broken.

I guess I will try to nicely weld a bit of plastic to the broken part of it (it wasn't occurred by the disassembling process, a picture of this broken part has been posted some posts above this one) and then paint it with a bumper structure paint. What kind of plastic can it be? Can it be done by plastic welding, what do you think? I don't know so much about plastics, and they look and are flexible more or less like a bumper kind of plastic. It's hard to believe that the 3D printed molding could be such flexible and that it gonna sit nice on he back seat fastening without popping out. The original sits quite hard into it to be honest.

It's how they look when disassembled.

IMG_20200614_094746.jpgIMG_20200614_094812.jpg
    Last edited by bl00keRs; 06-14-2020 at 04:25 AM.

My Cars
    '94 325iC, '08 328i, E93
    Quote Originally Posted by bl00keRs View Post

This request for parts is from ten years ago. Surely the issue has been resolved by now.

My Cars
    1996 E36 328 Coupe
    Doesn't matter. This is the only one forum thread in whole internet.

My Cars
    E36 M3
    Here we are in 2020 and it looks like this part is still unavailable. Rats.
    '97 M3 Arctic Siver / Black
    Oil pan baffle, Turner front subframe reinforcements, KW Var 2 suspension w/ Vorshlag camber plates, Rogue Engineering exhaust

Web: http://www.m3pilot.com/
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/m3pilot86

My Cars
    135is, 335i, 1999 328is
    Thanks for posting this! I've been meaning to tackle this job myself. Most people would just do the job and move on, so I really appreciate you taking the time to post up your method.

From your photo, I can't really tell how the connection is made. Is it a friction connection (smooth tab seated tightly into a groove)? Or is is a clip connection (hooked tab snapped into a slotted receptor)?

Let us know how you did the refinish work and how it came out.
    Got it, thanks...
    - Search the forum first
    - Check REALOEM for part numbers

My Cars
    1996 E36 328 Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by 328Pilot View Post
    Here we are in 2020 and it looks like this part is still unavailable. Rats.
    It's unavailable since this thread has been created in 2011 or even later, and not gonna be available anymore, never.

Quote Originally Posted by mystreba View Post
    Thanks for posting this! I've been meaning to tackle this job myself. Most people would just do the job and move on, so I really appreciate you taking the time to post up your method.

From your photo, I can't really tell how the connection is made. Is it a friction connection (smooth tab seated tightly into a groove)? Or is is a clip connection (hooked tab snapped into a slotted receptor)?

Let us know how you did the refinish work and how it came out.
    It's a clip connection and it is on the whole length of the molding, snapped onto a very thin 1mm rail on the seat. Just pray it out starting from left or right side, as told. I heard cracked plastic while praying it out but nothing has actually been cracked, not more than it was before trying to pray it out, it was just a sound from loosening the molding from the rail. Printing new molding in a 3D printer won't work here, as suggested before in this thread, and I'm 100% sure about it so don't lose your money for printing anything like that. I've decided to plastic weld it later this year. Since this molding is flexible, I guess it's a polypropene plastic. I can't find any information about the plastic-type on the whole molding. Then paint with a primer and 2-3 layers with bumper paint. I'll post results of it when it's done in couple of months.
    Last edited by bl00keRs; 08-01-2020 at 05:06 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast