Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 95 E36 M3 Heater Core Delete Coolant Hose Question

My Cars
    M Coupe
    RE: hose #14 - read up on carb icing. 999 out of 1000 times, it's not a problem, but go for a drive on a wet/cold day and you might have problems. Just sayin'

OP - you are in Cali, so it's likely not a problem. Lots of racers in the mid-west don't bother with it either.
    Last edited by osborni; 10-21-2013 at 10:00 AM.
    - Ian
    2000 M Coupe, stripped and DE prepped

46mm wheel bearing socket for rent - $30 deposit + $10 fee. PM for details.

My Cars
    e90 M3,X5,e46 racer
    Quote Originally Posted by osborni View Post
    RE: hose #14 - read up on carb icing. 999 out of 1000 times, it's not a problem, but go for a drive on a wet/cold day and you might have problems. Just sayin'

OP - you are in Cali, so it's likely not a problem. Lots of racers in the mid-west don't bother with it either.
    Lot's of racers (read, probably all of them) don't bother with it in Canada either ... and we run in some cold ass temps (I've been on track while snowing!)
    Check out the 8legs Racing page: https://www.facebook.com/8legsRacing/

My Cars
    95 bmw e36 325is
    hi guys i know this thread is bit old, but Im running into a little problems with no time on hands. the piece the connects the hose in back of the head is it always aluminum or plastic. i have coolant leaking from there and in not sure if to tie the hose or do i need to replace that piece. 95 325is
    Last edited by kanelo13; 11-23-2014 at 01:17 PM.

My Cars
    BMW's
    We also offer a couple of nifty bolt on solution for the OBD-2 guys who don't have a pipe there like the OBD-I heads & for S54 engines as well.

From Achillesmotorsports.com

OBD2 to OBD1 Conversion Coolant Hose Adapter for E36 E30 M50 M52 S52 Engines <---- Link

OBD2 to OBD1 Conversion Coolant Hose Adapter for E36 E30 M50 M52 S52 Engines replaces the metal pipe from the OBD2 engines with a hose adapter that allows the installation of a normal OBD-I coolant hose. This is useful when converting an OBD-II Engine to OBD-I or when swapping 3.2L or 2.8L engines into a car which has been converted to OBD-I like an E30. It is also useful when using an OBD-II head on an OBD-I car.

The simple kit comes complete with necessary 2 O-rings, extended bolt, Nylon Lock Nut & washers to make this a quick install. No need to wait! It is also completely reversible!

From Achillesmotorsports.com

Racing Coolant Pipe Plug - E46 M3, Z3M, Z4M - S54 Engines <----- Link

This plug was developed for racing to eliminate the factory coolant pipe that runs underneath the intake manifold on S54 engines. Our quick and simple kit comes complete with necessary O-ring, extended length bolt, Nylon Lock Nut & washers to make for a quick install. No need to wait and It is also completely reversible!

Connect with us on: Facebook | Google+ | Instagram | Pintrest | Twitter | YouTube

My Cars
    E82 128i, E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylemenz1 View Post

So what do you guys suggest to do with hose # 14 that comes out of the head to the throttle body when deleting the heater core? I understand the block off plate an the rerouting but I'm not sure what to do with this hose.

Thanks for for any info.
    Quote Originally Posted by eye145 View Post
    I used that port that hose 14 connects to (S52) for my aftermarket temp sending unit / guage.
    or just take a plug / bolt and seal up.
    Sorry for bumping an old thread, I didn't want to start a new one.

For those of you that have used the port for hose #14 for an aftermarket temp sending unit like eye145 describes, what is needed to attach the sending unit to that port? Do i need an adapter? Thread the port so the sending unit screw into it? I'm trying to plan ahead and do this on a tight schedule so I don't have time to figure it out once I take the manifold off.

My Cars
    1992 BMW 325i
    Quote Originally Posted by hoki06 View Post
    Sorry for bumping an old thread, I didn't want to start a new one.

For those of you that have used the port for hose #14 for an aftermarket temp sending unit like eye145 describes, what is needed to attach the sending unit to that port? Do i need an adapter? Thread the port so the sending unit screw into it? I'm trying to plan ahead and do this on a tight schedule so I don't have time to figure it out once I take the manifold off.
    Buy this and put it in.

http://store.bimmerworld.com/mobile/...ter-p1402.aspx

I tried to make and adapter. I ended up just buying this. Quick and easy.

My Cars
    1992 BMW 325i
    Also you can get to it pretty easily with the manifold on.

My Cars
    E82 128i, E36 M3
    Buy this and put it in.

http://store.bimmerworld.com/mobile/...ter-p1402.aspx

I tried to make and adapter. I ended up just buying this. Quick and easy.
    Also you can get to it pretty easily with the manifold on.
    Thanks! I don't have the luxury of tearing the car down, figuring it out, then finish later this time around. I stopped by my friends at Delta V Motorsports and thanks to a spare S52 laying around I confirmed that the plug is M12x1.5 and the adapter you linked is exactly what I plan on ordering.

My Cars
    1992 BMW 325i

My Cars
    E82 128i, E36 M3
    Quote Originally Posted by nschaeff View Post
    Can anyone tell me the sizes of these two hoses? One end is the #6 spider hose where it's cut before the T and the other end is the #8 hose that goes back to the overflow tank. I need to know so I can buy a female-female connector to splice the two hoses together.

My Cars
    '95 525i
    Does anyone know where a detailed diagram of engine hoses for a 95 525i ?
    Looking for part name/number so I can order the correct one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12