Thread: INPA & SSS/Progman Under Windows 7 64 Bit

My Cars
    2003 BMW 320i SE

INPA & SSS/Progman Under Windows 7 64 Bit

Hi guys,
    First of all thanks for all the useful advice on here! It has been such a great help getting me this far!!

Secondly is it a fable that SSS/Progman will work on a computer running windows 7 64 bit?

Now for the issue;
    INPA works perfectly with the car and can read and reset error codes.

However when I run progman, I can get to the screen where its starting to synchronise with the car and it comes up with "battery voltage too low". I checked the voltage on the OBC and its running at 12.2V.

Now is it the actual voltage of the car (I may have drained it a little yesterday while trying to get it all to work as it barely started last night), or is it the setup?

This is the cable I am using: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320762387262

The programs I have running are:
    - VM Running Progman
    - INPA
    - Ediabas
    - IFH-Service

Is there something missing? Am I correct in assuming I don't need to run "diaghead" as I have a modded cable?

What I have done so far;
    - I have pinged progman from my pc and the cable from progman and both are sending and receiving fine.
    - All firewalls/antivirus software is off
    - The ip addresses all seem to match up fine

Any thoughts?

Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by nathb; 10-25-2011 at 07:41 AM.

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    12.2v is too low. In lead-acid land 12.2v = flat battery, 12.6v = about half charged 12.89v = full charge. PROGMAN wants to see about 13.5v, which means a fully charged battery supported by a decent power supply.

My Cars
    2003 BMW 320i SE
    Quote Originally Posted by David Mc View Post
    12.2v is too low. In lead-acid land 12.2v = flat battery, 12.6v = about half charged 12.89v = full charge. PROGMAN wants to see about 13.5v, which means a fully charged battery supported by a decent power supply.
    Thanks for your response.

I'm going on a 200+ mile trip tomorrow so I'll let the alternator charge it up and try again.

My friend has used progman on my car before without a power supply? So I'm presuming its just the fact I let the battery run down too much while trying to get it to work?

With the engine running I'm seeing 14v.

P.s. Can someone point me in the right direction of the earth screw/bolt near the battery on an e46 please
    Last edited by nathb; 10-25-2011 at 09:20 AM.

My Cars
    2003 BMW 320i SE
    Ok I've done 200 miles today and when I plugged it in I still get:

Battery is showing at 12.6v, but it has worked on my friends progman a few days ago..

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Check all the pins on your diagnostic port, some have a bad habit of pushing back into the connector and causing a poor connection.

My Cars
    2003 BMW 320i SE
    Thanks for the fast reply!

All pins are present and correct.

I have just found this though: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum....php?t=1581051

I'm using changes v2, should I switch to SSS Full start.iso/changesV32CrackFProgman.iso?

My Cars
    E70 3.0sd E21 323i
    Changes_v2 should be fine for a 2003 320i.