Thread: .....urgh....

My Cars
    2002 BMW 325ci Conv.

.....urgh....

Well the problem persists. Fluccuating loss of power while driving. 02 325ci cabriolet 112,000 miles. No problem shifting, in fact it feels very strong. Motor has plenty of power and torque. Just intermittently the engine will loose power and bog down for 2 to 5 seconds. It will regain power or I can push the accelerator and power is restored. At no time does the check engine light comes on but the cog and ! will come on...sometimes. The car is fine for days the suddenly this happens. Because of the frequency of the problem every garage wants me to leave it for a few days. That's hard to do when you live 40 miles away and are new to the area and have no one to call for a ride.

I love the car! Its an absolute blast to drive, better than my CLK350 that was totaled. This is my replacement and I have no regrets about going from a Benz to a BMW.

So please, anyone, any clues.....HELP!!!

My Cars
    2018 BMW M240i
    The first step in diagnosing a problem is to scan the engine computer (DME) and the automatic transmission computer (EGS) for codes.

My Cars
    2001 525it
    And check fuel pressure, when fuel pumps act up there are no faults or engine lights

My Cars
    '73 E9, '94 E34, '02 E46
    It can (and we hope it is) something real simple like a corroded battery ground. Car needs good grounds to run will. Go check 'em, we'll wait.
    Charlie

Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to add value to these threads, either by pictures or by descriptions, so the next person with the same or similar problem stands on your shoulders.

My Cars
    2002 BMW 325ci Conv.
    Interesting you should say that, seems this all started after the car wouldn't start (turn the key and nothing), I couldn't check into it for a couple of days and when I did find time to devote, I found it was a very loose battery cable. Tightened it up and car started right up.