Thread: A quick sprint with an E46 M3

My Cars
    97 M3

A quick sprint with an E46 M3

I was heading down to the Strip with my wife, my dad was following behind in his 750. We were taking the interchange from I-215 to I-15 which is a long uphill right hand curve. I was thinking that my father was going to try some sneaky stuff and pass me on the on ramp so I down shifted to fourth and was waiting for him.

Out of the corner of my mirror I saw a set of HID's entering the turn at a pretty good pace. I said to my wife "what the hell is that? and imediatley I drop down another gear to third in anticipation.

As the lights reached about the back of my dad's bumper I went WOT. Third gear didn't last very long seeing as I was sitting at 4800 RPM when I punched it. I quickly shifted into 4th and glance over to see this gorgeous Silver E46 M3 slowly start to pass me. Oh, but wait a minute he only made so his front bumper was a few inches ahead of mine. Now we are both wide open throttle and no one is going anywhere, untill about 6000RPM at which point I begin to change the momentum enough that my wife is screaming "HOLY S*%# are you pulling on him?" I had started to inch forward just before I had to shift to fifth, but traffic was ahead of us and I had to hit the brakes.

The guy in the E46 changed lanes still WOT and when flying down the freeway. I tried to catch up, but I did not feel like traffic weaving with my wife in the car.

When we stopped my dad said that that he saw the whole thing and was amazed that I was able to keep up with the E46. My only regret was that we couldn't have kept going I think I probably would have lost in the end, but what a good run.
    • EUROSPORT INTAKE • JC SOFTWARE • S50 MANIFOLD • EURO HFM • SCHRICK CAMS • 24LB INJECTORS • EVOSPORT UD PULLIES •
    • H&R SPORT SPRINGS • SUPERSPRINT EXHAUST • FAN DELETE • ASC DELETE • LTW FLYWHEEL • ROGUE CARBON/KEVLAR CLUTCH •
    • BILSTEIN STRUTS & SHOCKS • ZIMMERMAN X-DRILLED • BORED TB • X BRACE • ZKW'S • 4500K HID • ROGUE OCTANE SSK • TME'S •

My Cars
    IP S52 E30
    I wish I did that well against them.

I would be interested to hear what happens if you ever line up with one side-by-side.
    Chris

My Cars
    schWINn Varsity
    i wonder how long till someone asks for ur mods lol

My Cars
    BMW 323i 2000
    what are your mods?....lol

My Cars
    2.8, 3.2, 600cc
    Nice Run

Yeah, I dont like weaving through traffic when I have someone else in the car either :

My Cars
    00 sc Roadie
    How nice to have a supportive sig other!

Nice job!

(my last boyfriend got scared at stoplight launches --too bad I don't have an M3!)
    Some ladies like a hand-held. I prefer to drive mine.

My Cars
    mr green needs a new sig....

nice run...

My Cars
    E46 M3
    YES! Hahahaha!

That was a good run. Nice to hear about your escapades over there in Sin City.

I had a little run today too...

..you DO need a new sig.

My Cars
    E36 M3 stg2 S/C...& a MV
    That was a nice run if you were pulling. But may be he screwed up his shifting? Either way he should 've killed you, unless you are heavely moded?

oNe...

My Cars
    99 M3, 13 650 Gran Coupe

Re: A quick sprint with an E46 M3

Originally posted by mr_green
    Now we are both wide open throttle and no one is going anywhere, untill about 6000RPM at which point I begin to change the momentum enough that my wife is screaming "HOLY S*%# are you pulling on him?"
    I think I love your wife!

'99 Hellrot M3 vert; Eurosport twin-screw SC w/ 76mm pulley + Schrick cam (i.e., TRM Stage 2 TS), UDP's,
    oil cooler; GC coilovers; Z3 steering rack; Euro 6-spd trans; Diffsonline 3.46 LSD

My Cars
    '03.5 M3 Coupe
    Your car is badass, I still have that video of you and euro4life and the ESS 328ic. Nice run!
    -Ted

My Cars
    97 M3

I will change my sig......

Originally posted by Virg///M3
    That was a nice run if you were pulling. But may be he screwed up his shifting? Either way he should 've killed you, unless you are heavely moded?

oNe...
    I know my sig is old and not very informative, but that was euro4life's fault, me made the sig. Hopefully the one he is working on now will be more pleasing to the critic's....

Virg///M3 Yes, I do feel that something may have not been completeley fair, but I am heavily modified and have held my own against some pretty capable cars. Perhaps I pulled ahead right as he was shifting, but regardless when I let off I was still ahead. As for him maybe not racing how many people do you now that just cruise past 100mph, with a heavily modified car next to them at WOT and no intentions of perhaps a display of speed. I am fully aware of the abilities of the E46, but a win is a win.

Oh, and I love my wife too.
    • EUROSPORT INTAKE • JC SOFTWARE • S50 MANIFOLD • EURO HFM • SCHRICK CAMS • 24LB INJECTORS • EVOSPORT UD PULLIES •
    • H&R SPORT SPRINGS • SUPERSPRINT EXHAUST • FAN DELETE • ASC DELETE • LTW FLYWHEEL • ROGUE CARBON/KEVLAR CLUTCH •
    • BILSTEIN STRUTS & SHOCKS • ZIMMERMAN X-DRILLED • BORED TB • X BRACE • ZKW'S • 4500K HID • ROGUE OCTANE SSK • TME'S •

My Cars
    SMG
    Nice run man.

you are the champion.... did I ever tell you that I dropped my spare? thanks for clueing me in on that one....
    Milltek pipes. Ground control coilovers. Conforti Tuned. V1 & iPod hardwired

My Cars
    E46 M3

Re: I will change my sig......

I know my sig is old and not very informative, but that was euro4life's fault, me made the sig. Hopefully the one he is working on now will be more pleasing to the critic's....
    Done and done. Hope you like the new one.

Oh, and say hi to your wife for me. Good luck with everything! Wish I could be there!

My Cars
    '03.5 M3 Coupe
    Update: I want your car!!

My Cars
    97 M3

Still awake....

Thank you euro4life for the new sig is much better, I hope the moderator agree's (hint hint).....

12:03: I am glad you are enjoying another free mod, are you still interested in my blizzaks?

SlammedE30: I am selling the car soon to purchase an E46, my wife sees to like the styling a little better.

: So is your car an engine swap or did they make a 330i in 89?

My Cars
    i was just teasing you, but the new one is damn cool...

My Cars
    1997 Z3 1.9L DASC; 2003 Mitsubishi Evolution 8
    Gotta love those cams and minifold. Nice run :
    1997 Z3 1.9L - Downing Atlanta Super Charger,Rspeed Check Valve,VDO Boost Gague,Custom Panel,NGK Plugs,SS CatBack Exhaust,Dinan CAI,Ron Stygar Short Shifter,Ron Stygar Clutch Stop,Alpine CD Tuner,MBQ 5.25" Drivers
    2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII - 6.5 RS TME conversion

My Cars
    s62, 2JZ
    Nice run, does your wife have a sister? With me, racing usually means no a$$ that night, so I always have to make a choice (I don't post too many kill stories do I?)

My Cars
    '03.5 M3 Coupe

Re: Still awake....

SlammedE30: I am selling the car soon to purchase an E46, my wife sees to like the styling a little better.

: So is your car an engine swap or did they make a 330i in 89?
    Hmmmmm Let me know...

My car was a 325i, but I put a '95 M3 crank and 1mm oversize pistons. It ended up at 3.0 displacement.
    -Ted