Thread: Ignition Solution High Output Coil Packs.. Anyone have these??

My Cars
    E46 M3

Ignition Solution High Output Coil Packs.. Anyone have these??

I have been looking into these ignition coil packs from Ignition solutions, but can't seem to find anyone that has used them.. They claim 8-10Hp but i want to see if anyone has installed them and noticied a difference..

They seem to have gotten allot of press but i want to see if anyone has real info.. not the fluff you read..

Press Releases

The M3 kit is about 600-800 for the 6 packs..

Is it worth it anyone??

My Cars
    M3
    Tec548 (Joel) told me that he saw a 2-3rwhp at peak. The rest of the power curve was identical.
    They are really not worth the money for a stock car. But i assume that combined with better Spark Plugs the gains should be more.

A friend of mine just put them on and he noticed the throttle being more responsive and a slightly stronger pull up top. He contributed the responsiveness to the plugs and the stronger pull to the coils.

Yes it is expensive and doesnt yield a whole lot of power, but that is like everything else for the E46 M3.
    Its next on my mod list

My Cars
    E46 M3
    So basically you'd spend the 600 for the 2-3 HP?

anyone know what the warranty is on these packs??

As you can see, my car is highly modded.. still waiting for a real intake to come out.. Hope evosport finishes up their stuff soon..

Joe

My Cars
    M3
    ----OT-----
    How do you like the 3.91 gears? Did you just get the ring and pinion or a complete diff?

My Cars
    E46 M3
    check your pm

My Cars
    03' Jet Black M3
    I was able to find these coils for a really good deal. It was practically a steal. I threw them on and I feel a smoother, more responsive throttle. I guess the more power you add, the more they will help you. Joel (Tec548) can get them for a good deal. I recommend them if you are going to get high performence plugs. They are really easy to install. The shell of the coils are the same as the stock ones. They both have the same BmW part number. Only difference is head unit. It has two lights (red and green) The red ones light up when you turn the key once so that the car has electricity from the battery. once the car is cranked, then green lights all flicker really fast. It's pretty cool, I guess thats the speed the the coils are sending electricity to the plugs.

My Cars
    2003 M3 & 2004 TL
    jajja,

can you talk a bit about your diff? where did you get it, how much? is it worth it? thanks, man.

My Cars
    M62 on steroids yeah!
    Sorry to bump such an old thread, but relevant question... Anyone know if the same place makes them for e38s?
    "Secondly, there are plenty of realistic BMW owners in here posting that they lost. I don't see you asking asinine questions in their threads. What about the Ferrari kills Ingenere posts?"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoTLr...e_gdata_player